Why didn't my Amazon payments appear in my Payoneer account yet?

pierremgpierremg Posts: 5Member
Strange issue here. Amazon sent me four payments on Jun 28 in four different currencies, but all of them were sent to my USD receiving account. The ones in USD and BRL appeared on the same day in my account but I'm still waiting for the others in EUR and GBP. It can't be a problem with Amazon since they even have the FX rate used by the bank to convert the amounts to USD. Either Payoneer or the First Century Bank lost track of my money. I already contacted Payoneer but they didn't answer me after three business day as asked by them. Amazon told me they're investigating the situation but I doubt that will help since they did their part and, as I mentioned above, the bank has already informed them the FX rate used in the transactions.

Comments

• KazPayoneerKazPayoneer Posts: 1,253Confirm Email, Member, Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

This is an interesting scenario. It seems that Amazon will convert the BRL into USD, allowing it to be sent to your USD receiving account. But surely this wouldn't be able to happen in the EUR and GBP currencies. Usually when those two currencies are sent to the USD receiving account, the transfer is rejected and returned. I would ask Amazon if they've received the two payments in EUR and GBP yet.

• pierremgpierremg Posts: 5Member
    > @KazPayoneer said:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > This is an interesting scenario. It seems that Amazon will convert the BRL into USD, allowing it to be sent to your USD receiving account. But surely this wouldn't be able to happen in the EUR and GBP currencies. Usually when those two currencies are sent to the USD receiving account, the transfer is rejected and returned. I would ask Amazon if they've received the two payments in EUR and GBP yet.

Sorry, but what you said is incorrect. I've been receiving payments in many different currencies, including EUR and GBP since 2017. All payments are always sent to my USD receiving account. I received payments in those currencies in Mars and April, just to mention a few. They were never rejected or returned.
    @KazPayoneer Some examples to support my previous answer. Date: Mar 29, 2019, Currency: GBP, Amount: 5.75, FX Rate: 1.31, Amount in USD: 7.54; Date: Mar 29, 2019, Currency: EUR, Amount: 1.82, FX Rate: 1.12, Amount in USD: 2.04;
    Problem was solved. This thread can be closed now.
  • KazPayoneerKazPayoneer Posts: 1,253Confirm Email, Member, Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good to hear. But for future reference, you should never send any other currency to your USD details. It is fairly obvious here that Amazon changes the currency for you before they send the payments out. If they were sent in mismatching currencies, it would be rejected.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.