My Card has been compramised

YakitoYakito Posts: 9Member

Hello,

I am living a bad bad situation. I am currently traveling the world (I am in an island in Thailand) and I just logged to my account and I see withdrawals made from Brazil yesterday each with 1 minute difference one from each other for more than $2500.

My trip started in Brazil about 6 weeks ago but this transactions were made yesterday.

My Payoneer card is the only way I was getting money to pay for my food and hostels. I have already paid for my hostel till the 17th but after that if I don't have my card either physically or the virtual option then I wont be able to book anything else or buy any food.

For security reasons the new card will be shipped back home. I will get a friend to activate it for me when it arrives and then ship it to me somehow.

I had the US payment service activated which was the way I was loading the card. When I get the new card I have to do all the paperwork again? Will that take long? Is there anyway I can make the process simpler?

I am not really in a good situation right now so any help, advice, exception you can make will be deeply appreciated.

Also regarding the money they stole from me. I read in the email I have to fill a form by hand. I probably can get a printer  here but probably not a scanner. Can I take a picture of the document and send it back?

Thanks again

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭

Please contact our support department immediately for further assistance regarding this matter.

You will not need to apply again for the US Payment Service, your information will be transferred to your new account.

Our support will provide you with all the details of what and how you can submit it.

• YakitoYakito Posts: 9Member

Hello David,

Thanks for your time and answer. So I got my email saying that my new card has been ordered and another email about the US payment service with the bank information.

Do I fill that again or I contact support with my issue so they can transfer my data?

Also, besides the money which was stolen which I am filling now the dispute form, what happens to my current account balance? They didn't manage to stole everything, will that be moved to my new account?

Last question: Can I send a photo of the dispute form? I don't have access to a scanner here.

Thanks again for your time

David wrote on April 14 2013, 9:03 AM: »

Please contact our support department immediately for further assistance regarding this matter.

You will not need to apply again for the US Payment Service, your information will be transferred to your new account.

Our support will provide you with all the details of what and how you can submit it.

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭

Your US Payment Service information and the remaining funds will be transferred to your new card.

You can take a picture and send to us, please make sure that all the information in the photograph is clear and easy to read.

• YakitoYakito Posts: 9Member

Thanks a lot.

David wrote on April 14 2013, 10:07 AM: »

Your US Payment Service information and the remaining funds will be transferred to your new card.

You can take a picture and send to us, please make sure that all the information in the photograph is clear and easy to read.