Withdrawing money from ATM in EU countries?

Dexter_progDexter_prog Member Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm travelling to Germany and other countries soon and I want to know if I will be able to withdraw cash from ATMs and if so what are the conversion rates that Payoneer uses

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭

You can withdraw at ATMs worldwide that support debit MasterCard.

Our rates are based on MasterCard's official rates. To view, please visit their site.

• Dexter_progDexter_prog Member Posts: 51 ✭✭

my payoneer card says it is a prepaid one, is it considered a debit card?

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's a prepaid debit card. This means it can be used to purchase online, in stores, and at ATMs however it first needs to be preloaded with funds.

• TristanPTristanP Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

I wrote here earlier about Mastercard acceptance in the Netherlands. Pretty much all, if not all, ATM's over here accept Mastercards + PIN. (So make sure you know your PIN.) Since the credit card penetration grade is traditionally low over here, don't expect stores to accept them. They most likely only accept Maestro, V PAY and cash. I never use the portable ATM's, which are available at a lot of supermarkets, so it might be possible they only support Maestro and V PAY as well. In places where you'll find tourists Mastercard acceptance is more common. It's recommended to check if stores have a sticker on the door/window which shows the Mastercard (not to be confused with Maestro) logo. If they don't explicitely state they accept Mastercards, they most likely don't.

Please note that ATM's over here have lower withdrawal limits as the Payoneer card itself, which might very per bank. Those limits might be per transaction and/or day. Further please note that "charges of up to 3% may be assessed above all charges assessed by MasterCard for the transaction." (It's barely noticeable by the way since Mastercard actually gives quite fair rates.)