What are my options for getting my money off my prepaid Mastercard?

mlbmlb Member Posts: 10

I recently was the victim of fraudulent charges on my Payoneer Mastercard (it's been reported and properly dealt with).  I was issued a new Payoneer card but given what's happened, I have serious concerns about how secure it is and am reluctant to use it.  I feel that without a chip it will just be a matter of time before I fall victim again.

I want to get my money off my card.  I know the usual options are to use the funds on purchases or withdraw the money from an ATM, but I have a considerable amount on there so neither is appealing.  Am I able to have the funds direct deposited to another bank account?  If not, what other options are there?

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use your card to make purchases online, in stores, and at ATMs worldwide. The card is secure, and overall it is very rare for unauthorized charges to occur.

We are planning to introduce a card to bank transfer service in the next several months, that will allow you to withdraw your card balance directly to your bank account. We also are in the process of adding Chip and PIN functionality to the card.

• mlbmlb Member Posts: 10

I'm really glad to hear that about the pin and chip and it will be great to be able to withdraw funds to my bank account.  Thanks for the information!

Happy to help!

edited July 2013

Hi Nissim,

In April you mentioned Payoneer is planning to introduce a card to bank transfer service in the next several months (post #2 of this thread).  Are you any closer to knowing when that will happen?  I understand it's probably tough to pinpoint an exact date, but even an estimate would be appreciated!

I also wanted to add for anyone who happens to read this:  It took about 3.5 months but I did get my money refunded.

Lastly, I came across a thread about local bank transfers here: http://community.payoneer.com/index.php?/topic/274-local-bank-transfers-open-worldwide/

Talia indicated that we can contact Payoneer support to have our prepaid Mastercards switched over to the local bank transfer method of payment.  It's something I'm interested in but I'm wondering if I'd be required to use all the funds on my prepaid Mastercard before making the switch or if they can be transferred over?  (I'm no longer using any debit or credit cards because local authorities have issued a warning about card reader crime running rampant in this area and after being a victim of it myself, I'm reluctant to use anything but cash.)

Thanks in advance!  =)

Hi,

We do still plan to release this service, and it's currently in the final stages of development. Unfortunately I don't have an exact ETA.

Regarding local bank transfers, that is only a solution to receive payments from companies that support the service. You can contact our customer support department and submit a request, and they will let you know if the companies linked to your card support that service.

You aren't required to use your card balance before switching - your card will remain active so that you can deplete the balance, simply future payments will be sent to your bank account instead of the card.

Note: for the US Payment Service, you are required to have an active Payoneer card.

I'm excited to hear it's in the final stages of development!  I'll keep checking back for updates.  =)

Thank you for clearing up my question re: the local bank transfers and for your prompt reply.

• Bilal SheikhBilal Sheikh Online Freelancer VIP Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Nissim wrote on April 26 2013, 5:24 PM: »

We are planning to introduce a card to bank transfer service in the next several months, that will allow you to withdraw your card balance directly to your bank account. We also are in the process of adding Chip and PIN functionality to the card.

I'm very glad to hear that. Would be great !

Find me on Google+ Read my blogs on GoBelal.com.

• cptcpt Member Posts: 1

First of all congrats to the relaunch of your website! Sadly it still sucks.
    Reason: It is totally confusing!

Some hints:

1. What are your services? After a lot of understanding I realized that there are 2 complete different services

2. It is totally wired to understand of which product you are actually talking on the website.

3. Fees, why you dont have a easy overview of all fees, jesus, cmon!

So please get me straight for your main menu:
    - DEBIT CARD, sub menu: HOW IT WORKS, FEES, REGISTER, ....

- GBT, sub menu: HOW IT WORKS, FEES, REGISTER, ....
    - COMPANY

- HELP

Also please just make it simple, which brings me to this topic:

My case: I receive money from airbnb to the MC debit card (USD) and want to transfer to a bank account in London (USD).

Does it work?

What does it coasts?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll certainly pass it on.

Regarding your specific situation: In your case you are looking to receive funds from a company. This would be done by opening a Payoneer account: http://www.payoneer.com/ReceiveWithdraw.aspx

You can receive payments from Airbnb directly to your Payoneer card (they are actually an official partner of ours). If you sign into your Airbnb account and go to the payout preferences, you can add the Payoneer card as your payout method. During the sign up you will see a full list of pricing and fees - these will then be available at any time by logging in to your Payoneer online account.