Phishing Alert

hamidzhamidz Member Posts: 3
edited May 2013 in Ask The Community
Hi there,
Yesterday, i have received an email from [email protected] to Activatemy Payoneer Prepaid debit MasterCard and this is the email i received :
Dear Abdelhamid,Activate your Payoneer Prepaid debit MasterCard®.We would like to make sure you are the owner of the card, and have all the information you need to activate it.You can start loading money onto the card and begin using it to shop in stores, online or draw cash from ATM's after activatedTo activate your account HereTo view your US Payment Service details, in addition to a full list of approved senders, simply sign in to your My Account page and select “US Payment Service” from the “Services” menu.Thank you again for being a loyal Payoneer user. Our Reference: AH 2055071
I have clicked the link and redirected to :
{edit}
I entered my username and password, i thought it was really from Payoneer, some hours later, i have received a notification of a card to card transfer from Payoneer.
Dear Abdelhamid,Your load request has been completed!$22.00 has been loaded onto [email protected]'s Prepaid debit MasterCard®, as a result of your order.We have also notified the cardholder that these funds are now available.
I logged in my Payoneer account and pffff Balance: $1 !!!
Transaction DetailscloseDate: 4/30/2013 12:18:03 PMAuth Number: 57819356Terminal Id: 115320848HistoryC2C transfer to card 1471Payoneer Inc.NY, USAmount to charge: $22.00
So, Can anyone tell me what to do now ? i know i was really stupid! but our genious m..fu**er fisher should be punished. :growl:

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were targeted by a phishing attack. I strongly suggest that you sign in to your online account and change your password as soon as possible, and also run a scan of your computer to detect for any malware/spyware (Windows provides a free anti-virus application that works well.

I have passed this information on to our security department, and they will be following up with the relevant authorities as soon as possible in order to shut down this phishing attempt and locate those responsible. I also recommend that you take a moment to read this blog post about identifying and preventing phishing attempts: http://blog.payoneer.com/how-to-prevent-phishing-and-identity-theft/

• hamidzhamidz Member Posts: 3

More details about our phisher:

Email: [email protected]

Name: Nabil Hiouane

Card 5314-45XX-XXXX-1471

Please take action against this bastard

• chabilochabilo Member Posts: 3

MY NAME IS CHABIL AND I AM IN BIG TROUBLE TODAY ;I NEED URGENT ASSISTANCE ADMIN PLEASE.

I HAVE °136 DOLLARS °WAS STOLEN FROM MY ACCOUNT JUST AS HAPPENED WITH (HAMIDZ) TODAY,

AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO EXACTLY; SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK,WICH WAS IN MY ACCOUNT

THATS  WHAT I WANT NOW

IM  VERY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW; AND I NEED HELP ADMIN PLEASE.

• TristanPTristanP Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Nissim wrote on May 1 2013, 6:49 AM: »

I strongly suggest that you sign in to your online account and change your password as soon as possible, and also run a scan of your computer to detect for any malware/spyware (Windows provides a free anti-virus application that works well.

I would like to add that people should review their profile page as well, and change the secret question and it's answer. Further they should review any other account they have, which is using the same password and/or secret question.

• hamidzhamidz Member Posts: 3
    chabilo wrote on May 1 2013, 7:00 PM: »

MY NAME IS CHABIL AND I AM IN BIG TROUBLE TODAY ;I NEED URGENT ASSISTANCE ADMIN PLEASE.

I HAVE °136 DOLLARS °WAS STOLEN FROM MY ACCOUNT JUST AS HAPPENED WITH (HAMIDZ) TODAY,

AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO EXACTLY; SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK,WICH WAS IN MY ACCOUNT

THATS  WHAT I WANT NOW

Can you please give us more details ?

TristanP wrote on May 1 2013, 10:29 PM: »

I would like to add that people should review their profile page as well, and change the secret question and it's answer. Further they should review any other account they have, which is using the same password and/or secret question.

Thanks for your help dear TristanP, usefull tips.

YESTERDAY I HAVE RECEIVED A MESSAGE SIMILAR TO THE MESSAGES SENT BY THE SUPPORT TEAM SITE TO CUSTOMERS;

ASKING ME TO ACTIVATE MY CARD PAYONEER, BY ENTERING CARD NUMBERS AND DATE OF BIRTH I CLICKED THE LINK AND REDIRECTED TO .. :growl:

AFTER THAT I RECEIVED A NOTIFICATION OF ARD TO CARD TRANSFER FROM PAYONEER ;UNFORTUNATELY I DID NOT KNOW AS AN ATTEMPT TO STEAL MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Please report all such cases to our customer support team as soon as possible: http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx

I suggest telephone or live chat for immediate assistance.