Better to withdraw or pay by card?

alexisbaydounalexisbaydoun Member Posts: 2
Hey guys, i usually travel to withdraw usdfrommy Payoneer card, and exchange usd locally to lbp (my country’s currency). Since all airports are closed i wanna know what would be the best way to pay with my card locally without losing a lot of money on exchange: should i withdraw one big amount that suffices me in LBP and pay cash locally, or use my card to pay in dollar anywhere i go? What would be the best way to navigate paying my bills without losing a lot of money on withdrawals and card use? Thanks

Answers

• LauraPayoneerLauraPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 335 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi there. You need to understand what is the most convenient option for you.

As we can see on your account, you have a bank account registered as USD. USD is not your local currency. When sending a USD wire, other banks involved in the transfer sometimes charge correspondent fees. In addition, the beneficiary bank may also charge landing fees.

To check your card fees and all applicable account fees, simply log in to your Payoneer Account and select the "Pricing & Fees" tab located under the "Help" menu.

This discussion has been closed.