Which merchants are whitelisted for buying btc with our card?

xfelxfel Member Posts: 2
edited December 2020 in Popular Questions and Tips
Given this comment on Global Payment Service and eWallets - FAQs (https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18887/kw/ewallets):

>>>
2. Link your Payoneer Prepaid Card to your eWallet to make purchases.
If you have a Payoneer card with an active balance, it may be possible to link your card to an eWallet to make payments or transfer funds. In order to verify the card, an eWallet can charge a small amount from your card. Please refer to the support center of your eWallet to find out more about the specific process.
>>>

I want to know where (this is, whitelisted merchants) can I buy BTC without getting my card blocked. (Cause I tried to make a purchase on Payeer and my card, after merchant verification, was blocked)

Answers

• umarpakumarpak Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

(Disclaimer: I am just a normal user and you should wait for someone official like LauraPayoneer to reply but here is what Terms and Conditions state)

https://pubs.payoneer.com/Legal/PayoneerTermsAndConditionsINC_July2020.htm#_Toc21428985

Rule 20.2 Prohibited Transactions. (Please read the link for further details).

It is strictly forbidden to make or receive payments as consideration for or in connection with:

§  Sale and exchange of currency, including digital and crypto-currencies;

• xfelxfel Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020
    Yeah I saw that but, I'm not talking about making or receiving payments in crypto currencies. I'm talking about buying crypo currencies with my card.
    And given mentioned point on "Global Payment Service and eWallets - FAQs", I understand that this should be possible.
    As you said, it would be great to have official clarification on this.
  • umarpakumarpak Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

I think you need to read the section 20 again. It says "in connection with" . So, basically, not only you can't sell or trade directly but you also cannot sale indireclty or through a third party as well. Maybe that's why your card was banned after Merchant was verified to be a BTC seller.

But rather than asking it here, just call them on their helpline number. It will take you 5 minutes to get a clear answer.

• kobainkobain Member Posts: 1
    20. PROHIBITED TRANSACTIONS
    20.1 You will not use the Payoneer Services or website for any illegal, fraudulent or other prohibited activity. If Payoneer suspects that you may be engaging in or have engaged in a fraudulent, illegal or prohibited activity, including any violation of these Terms and Conditions, your access to the Payoneer Services and website may be suspended or terminated. Additionally, depending on the severity of the violations, we may contact law enforcement.

20.2 It is strictly forbidden to make or receive payments as consideration for or in connection with:
    § Drugs, alcohol, or drug paraphernalia, or items that may represent these uses;
    § Personal use such as gifts, loans or payments from friends and family;
    § Cigarettes, tobacco or e-cigarettes;
    § Airlines;
    § Food and beverages;

(just to name a few...)

What's the purpose of having a debit card if we cannot spend it on what we want, even if it's legal?
    I can't buy food with it for example?