How are Purchase Fees calculatd?

abdouzabdouz Member Posts: 7
edited May 2013 in Ask The Community

Hello,

I am somewhat disappointed about the unclarity of how fees are calculated. I used the Payoneer card through Paypal to buy a game, and I noticed a fee of 1.8%. The purchase was in USD, so there was no need for currency conversion. The problem is there are many people who say they had diffrenet fees. Some of them say there was only a 1% fee when making purchases. One of my friends told me he paid a 10% fee. And another one told me he didn't have to pay any fees at all!

Note that they all registered either through www.payoneer.com  or www.payoneer-affiliates.com.

I contacted the support multiple times and each time they don't give me a clear answer. They said that there is a 3% fee... That's all I got from them.

So, what are the fees when making purchases: 10% , 3% , 1.8% , 1% or 0% ??

I hope you be absolutely clear about them.

Thanks.

Comments

• abdouzabdouz Member Posts: 7

hello??

• MelisaMelisa Community Manager Administrator Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi!

Please note that when making a POS transaction or ATM withdrawal, and when the money crosses borders or currencies, MasterCard and the issuing bank apply processing fees to the transaction. The processing fee charged with the Payoneer card can be up to 3%.

You can see this and other fees associated with your card by clicking the "Pricing and Fees" link, located under the "General Info" menu, on your "My Account" page at www.payoneer.com.

Melisa

Payoneer Director of Community 

edited May 2013
    Melisa wrote on May 27 2013, 11:37 AM: »

Hi!

Please note that when making a POS transaction or ATM withdrawal, and when the money crosses borders or currencies, MasterCard and the issuing bank apply processing fees to the transaction. The processing fee charged with the Payoneer card can be up to 3%.

You can see this and other fees associated with your card by clicking the "Pricing and Fees" link, located under the "General Info" menu, on your "My Account" page at www.payoneer.com.

That's the same answer I get everytime. I want a precise and detailed answer to how fees are calculated. Why do many people pay different fees although they have the same card?

3 days without an answer...

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Melisa's answer describes the exact charges. The conversion is based on the rates set by MasterCard, and there is a conversion charge of up to 3%.

edited May 2013
    Nissim wrote on May 28 2013, 11:36 AM: »

Melisa's answer describes the exact charges. The conversion is based on the rates set by MasterCard, and there is a conversion charge of up to 3%.

If there is no conversion, how much will I have to pay?? and why do people pay different fees??

And is there a different fee when using Paypal, and another fee when using the card directly?? we want detailed explanation please.

Hi!

Please note that whenever your card is charged in a foreign currency, there will be a cross border/ currency conversion fee. It varies depending on the value of the currency used based on the market values set by MasterCard. Thus, this fee is up to 3% of the transactions.

When you make a purchase on Paypal, the fee will also be up to 3%, as with any other merchant.

I hope this clears up your doubts :thumbsu:

Melisa

Melisa wrote on May 28 2013, 12:33 PM: »

Hi!

Please note that whenever your card is charged in a foreign currency, there will be a cross border/ currency conversion fee. It varies depending on the value of the currency used based on the market values set by MasterCard. Thus, this fee is up to 3% of the transactions.

When you make a purchase on Paypal, the fee will also be up to 3%, as with any other merchant.

I hope this clears up your doubts :thumbsu:

I am speaking about purchases that are done in $$$, not in a foreign currency. How much fee will I have to pay? And why do people pay different fees, although it's the same card?

Hi.

The processing fee charged when your MasterCard card is used in USD but in a country other than that of the issuing bank is up to 3% as well.

Melisa

Melisa wrote on May 28 2013, 2:07 PM: »

Hi.

The processing fee charged when your MasterCard card is used in USD but in a country other than that of the issuing bank is up to 3% as well.

Well, that's a lot! And if we add the 1% US Payment fee, it becomes 4% of fees, in addition to the $30 annual fee, it becomes a lot!

You should switch to a bank in the US. 99% of the people use Payoneer outside of Belize, so it's not a good business to pay all those additional fees.

• niftypixelniftypixel Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013

I feel this question was 'dodged'. I was completely unaware of this charge until recently and am now looking for a local bank. I don't mind paying instant-load fees, nor maintenance fees, nor even atm fees. But 3% on every-single-transaction I ever make?. That's absolute greed. I read you were once associated with a US bank, why not now?.

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

The fees vary between cards and partner programs. We inform that the charge may be up to 3%, depending on the currency conversion, ATM fee and other details we aren't in charge of and that have to do with that specific bank and MasterCard. Each customer can always access and see all the fees associated with his account/card in his "My Account" in Payoneer.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter