Fast food/McDonald's etc.

tacotactacotac Posts: 1Member

Hi,

I remember the first time I used my Payoneer card at Walmart, they had a hard time getting me to be able to use it. At the end, we realized we had to use it like a "gift card". I guess I really should find out what my pin is, would I use it as debit then? Anyway, are you able to use these cards at places like McDonalds & other food venues? If so, do you just slide it like a credit card, or do you have to do something special? Thanks!

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use the card as a credit card - just make sure you have sufficient funds available to complete the purchase. You can also use it as a debit, but you will be required to enter your 4-digit PIN to complete the transaction.

Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • FlowerPowerFlowerPower Posts: 39Member ✭✭
    Nissim wrote on May 28 2013, 10:49 AM: »

You can use the card as a credit card - just make sure you have sufficient funds available to complete the purchase. You can also use it as a debit, but you will be required to enter your 4-digit PIN to complete the transaction.

By "debit", do you mean selecting "cheque" or "savings"? Note: I am not in the US. I thought I had to select "credit" to use this card.

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

In the US, a "debit" card is an electronic card that is linked to a bank account, and so funds are pulled directly from the card. A "credit" card would be a card that works the same way but is not connected to any bank account - it's connected to a line of credit provided by a 3rd party company (unrelated to your bank).

In most US stores, selecting "debit" would be like making an ATM withdrawal at the cashier and gives you the option of requesting cash back.

Outside the US, however, there is often a different system used with electronic cards. In most countries you would simply choose "credit" when purchasing with the card.

Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer