Refound Policy Over A Private Load?

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right forum section to post the question, please move it if is not the right one

I'm a freelancer and have a payoneer card related to my freelancer.com account. Usually I get weekly payments from my withdraw there, never had a single problem and love it

Now the problem: had a customer that contacted me from other sources, not freelancer.com. We agree for a work but him don't have paypal or others, so we agreed to use payoneer direct load for payments

All goes smoothly, until we had some issues about the project - the project is 90% done, and him payed about 90% of the amount. On the remaining features we have some problems in communications, that are resulting in delay on project completion

Now the problem: the customer is threating to call his credit card for a refound for the project delay. This is from my side nonsense - as him have all the work done until now and the sources - but I'm pretty scared about this: I worked for about a month full time on the project and I cannot afford to have my payoneer card locked for say a month until the investigation is done from the credit card company...

So my question is simple: is really possible for the customer to claim a refound from his credit card due to some project delay? as we are not speaking of item selled but of services provided, should I be worried my card balance will be locked until an investigation from his credit card is over?

Comments

• TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi Gzero,

First of all, I'm very sorry that you've had a falling through with your client. The best thing for both of you would be to do your best to resolve the situation and see how you can reach an agreement. Unfortunately, yes, he can issue a charge back if he so chooses, at which point the burden of proof that the product or services were rendered falls on you. This is true for any credit card company, not just for Payoneer, and MasterCard lays the burden of proof on you, not the person that made the chargeback. I am sending you a private message that I'd like you to check as well.
    Talia
  • TanmoyTanmoy Posts: 10Member
    Very sad to hear. Sometimes clients get panic and react like kids, really painful :(