why receiving account(s) can no longer receive payments from individuals?!

hi, I'm jasmine from Egypt,

i just received this email from payoneer:

"Hi Jasmine,

We are writing to inform you that as of next week your receiving account(s) can no longer receive payments from individuals and future incoming payments from an individual will be declined.
Don’t worry, you can still receive payments from businesses as usual.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, contact us."

i contacted other egyptians using payoneer and they haven't received this email, i want to know why this is happening only with me?

thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• abdallasafwatabdallasafwat Member Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer
    > @Jasmine_saif said:
    totally agree, this is going to kill my freelancing tbh. sorry, this happened to you. i didn't know i can contact them directly. will try hopefully they can help when they see more people struggling.

Just confirmed again with a live chat agent, that payments were done in several ways, global payment services (which is bank transfer), echeck, credit card. Only bank transfers are to be for businesses, but credit cards and echecks can still be for individuals, which is Requesting a payment, so Alhamdulillah, all good.

Answers

• ishaqthkrishaqthkr Member Posts: 2
    I am from Tanzania and i also received this same email, my card is expiring on January 2021 how about yours?
  • LeninmauryLeninmaury Member Posts: 1
    I'm from Venezuela.

I have received the same email.

it doesn't make sense to me. A do a lot of work for people who do not own companies. They are just interested in my services as a Content Strategist and Ads digital manager.
    Hello, I am from Egypt. I just spoke with customer service and they clarified it's only for Global Payment Services as in European account, it accepted from both Individuals and Companies, now it's back to being only companies. I am not sure if that's 100% correct because the agent was a bit hesitant and unsure when I asked at first, so if Payoneer would clarify, please? Is that something only related to Global Payment Services or also Requesting a Payment, as most of our clients as Jasmine mentioned are individual clients who don't own companies so that means killing more than 90% of our business.
  • Jasmine_saifJasmine_saif Member Posts: 8
    > @ishaqthkr said:
    > I am from Tanzania and i also received this same email, my card is expiring on January 2021 how about yours?

i dont have a payoneer card, i receive payment through the "Global Payment Service" and then withdraw to my bank account.
    > @abdallasafwat said:
    > Hello, I am from Egypt. I just spoke with customer service and they clarified it's only for Global Payment Services as in European account, it accepted from both Individuals and Companies, now it's back to being only companies. I am not sure if that's 100% correct because the agent was a bit hesitant and unsure when I asked at first, so if Payoneer would clarify, please? Is that something only related to Global Payment Services or also Requesting a Payment, as most of our clients as Jasmine mentioned are individual clients who don't own companies so that means killing more than 90% of our business.

totally agree, this is going to kill my freelancing tbh. sorry this happened to you. i didn't know i can contact them directly. will try hopefully they can help when they see more people struggling.
    > @ishaqthkr said:
    > I am from Tanzania and i also received this same email, my card is expiring on January 2021 how about yours?

> @Leninmaury said:
    > I'm from Venezuela.
    >
    > I have received the same email.
    >
    > it doesn't make sense to me. A do a lot of work for people who do not own companies. They are just interested in my services as a Content Strategist and Ads digital manager.
    >
    >

try to contact their customer service live chat and make a complaint, maybe they will help when they see more people having the same issue and complaining.
    > @abdallasafwat said:
    > > @Jasmine_saif said:
    > totally agree, this is going to kill my freelancing tbh. sorry, this happened to you. i didn't know i can contact them directly. will try hopefully they can help when they see more people struggling.
    >
    > Just confirmed again with a live chat agent, that payments were done in several ways, global payment services (which is bank transfer), echeck, credit card. Only bank transfers are to be for businesses, but credit cards and echecks can still be for individuals, which is Requesting a payment, so Alhamdulillah, all good.
    >
    >

that's great thanks a ton.
    > @abdallasafwat said:
    > > @Jasmine_saif said:
    > totally agree, this is going to kill my freelancing tbh. sorry, this happened to you. i didn't know i can contact them directly. will try hopefully they can help when they see more people struggling.
    >
    > Just confirmed again with a live chat agent, that payments were done in several ways, global payment services (which is bank transfer), echeck, credit card. Only bank transfers are to be for businesses, but credit cards and echecks can still be for individuals, which is Requesting a payment, so Alhamdulillah, all good.
    >
    >

on 2nd thoughts, that still hasnt fixed my problem cuz requesting a payment is only if i earned 5000 usd and that's not the case with me.

that's what i find on the "Request a payment page" on my account:
    "To enable Request a Payment, you must first receive at least 5,000.00 USD (or equivalent) via:
    The Global Payment Service, which enables you to receive local payments from companies worldwide
    Learn more >

Any of the marketplace, network, or business platforms integrated with Payoneer
    Learn more >"
  • LTerleckaLTerlecka Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm from Belarus and I also received the same email today. I send a message to Help Center and asked what is the other way to receive payment from my individual customers, but Payoneer didn't reply yet. This will be a serious issue for me too... Very sad news
  • joy_arjoy_ar Member Posts: 1
    Hello people, I had the same email today, I'm from Argentina. It would be good to have news on WHY this is happening, because we got no reason and it also makes no sense. As freelancers we receive payments from individuals through bank transfers
  • petertosh16petertosh16 Member Posts: 6
    Honestly, I am writing this with so much anger and frustration in me. This is really really bad news, I hope payoneer decides to change this in the future. I do alot of work for people around the globe and was happy to find out some months ago that EUR receiving account could receive from individuals, only for the option to be shut down now? Seriously this is going to drive many customers crazy as the EUR account was the only hope for individual payments since the rest (USD, GBP etc) never had that capability in the first place.

I always try referring people to payoneer and they decline because of it's failure to meet certain requirements like this. You can't load cash to the prepaid card, you can't use wire transfers, you can't receive individual payments etc etc etc. Even the request a payment option is limited. You cannot use it if you haven't earned up to $5k and that is not the case for some people like me. How long do they think every new user will take to earn $5k? Bullshit!!

I'm sorry to say this but Payoneer is getting worse everyday in the name of security updates. I hope they brainstorm on some of these things and give us back some privileges, or it may have effects on them in the future.

I used to brag about payoneer being far better than paypal..... but this is bullshit payoneer, bullshit!!
    > @Jasmine_saif said:
    > > @abdallasafwat said:
    > > > @Jasmine_saif said:
    > > totally agree, this is going to kill my freelancing tbh. sorry, this happened to you. i didn't know i can contact them directly. will try hopefully they can help when they see more people struggling.
    > >
    > > Just confirmed again with a live chat agent, that payments were done in several ways, global payment services (which is bank transfer), echeck, credit card. Only bank transfers are to be for businesses, but credit cards and echecks can still be for individuals, which is Requesting a payment, so Alhamdulillah, all good.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > on 2nd thoughts, that still hasnt fixed my problem cuz requesting a payment is only if i earned 5000 usd and that's not the case with me.
    >
    > that's what i find on the "Request a payment page" on my account:
    > "To enable Request a Payment, you must first receive at least 5,000.00 USD (or equivalent) via:
    > The Global Payment Service, which enables you to receive local payments from companies worldwide
    > Learn more >
    >
    > Any of the marketplace, network, or business platforms integrated with Payoneer
    > Learn more >"

I never knew that you had to earn 5000USD to use Request payments, that's too much, have you been using global payment services to get your money from clients worldwide? I never knew that you can use it for individuals except lately when a European client was able to pay using his bank.
  • modsholicmodsholic Member Posts: 1
    I'm from Indonesia and received the same email today, hope Payoneer change their decision on this if they know how much bad impact if they do this
    @payoneer> @abdallasafwat said:
    > > @Jasmine_saif said:
    > > > @abdallasafwat said:
    > > > > @Jasmine_saif said:
    > > > totally agree, this is going to kill my freelancing tbh. sorry, this happened to you. i didn't know i can contact them directly. will try hopefully they can help when they see more people struggling.
    > > >
    > > > Just confirmed again with a live chat agent, that payments were done in several ways, global payment services (which is bank transfer), echeck, credit card. Only bank transfers are to be for businesses, but credit cards and echecks can still be for individuals, which is Requesting a payment, so Alhamdulillah, all good.
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > on 2nd thoughts, that still hasnt fixed my problem cuz requesting a payment is only if i earned 5000 usd and that's not the case with me.
    > >
    > > that's what i find on the "Request a payment page" on my account:
    > > "To enable Request a Payment, you must first receive at least 5,000.00 USD (or equivalent) via:
    > > The Global Payment Service, which enables you to receive local payments from companies worldwide
    > > Learn more >
    > >
    > > Any of the marketplace, network, or business platforms integrated with Payoneer
    > > Learn more >"
    >
    > I never knew that you had to earn 5000USD to use Request payments, that's too much, have you been using global payment services to get your money from clients worldwide? I never knew that you can use it for individuals except lately when a European client was able to pay using his bank.

ive been using the European and the GB accounts with individuals for maybe 2 months, i havent had the chance to use the US account.
    > @petertosh16 said:
    > Honestly, I am writing this with so much anger and frustration in me. This is really really bad news, I hope payoneer decides to change this in the future. I do alot of work for people around the globe and was happy to find out some months ago that EUR receiving account could receive from individuals, only for the option to be shut down now? Seriously this is going to drive many customers crazy as the EUR account was the only hope for individual payments since the rest (USD, GBP etc) never had that capability in the first place.
    >
    > I always try referring people to payoneer and they decline because of it's failure to meet certain requirements like this. You can't load cash to the prepaid card, you can't use wire transfers, you can't receive individual payments etc etc etc. Even the request a payment option is limited. You cannot use it if you haven't earned up to $5k and that is not the case for some people like me. How long do they think every new user will take to earn $5k? Bullshit!!
    >
    > I'm sorry to say this but Payoneer is getting worse everyday in the name of security updates. I hope they brainstorm on some of these things and give us back some privileges, or it may have effects on them in the future.
    >
    > I used to brag about payoneer being far better than paypal..... but this is bullshit payoneer, bullshit!!

i feel the frustration, payoneer doesnt seem to care about its customers that's pretty obvious by now.
  • Gemini83Gemini83 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 22
    Hi, i'm from Tunisia. I was chatting with the live assistance, they told me to wait for the follow up update about the email that was sent, their investigation team will resend an email after 24 hours!!!!
  • luismmusicluismmusic Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited October 26
    A stupid question (and even if it is, I have the right to have it answered, and I really hope that it is), or rather innocent, when I make a payment request, and place the customer's data, clearly indicate In the form that it is an individual, not a business registered in the United States, then to what my client was going to make the payment, should only the option to pay with a credit/debit card appear? Or is it my job to tell the client how to do a process that I clearly ignore because I have never paid someone that way!

That is, Payoneer clearly indicates to the customer at the time of making the payment, what are the rules?