Request for documents: ID and Proof of Residence

LauraPayoneerLauraPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When opening a Payoneer account, you might need to provide documents for the account verification. This process happens because as a regulated US company and online service, Payoneer must comply with the rules and regulations imposed by the US government, MasterCard®, and our banks. In doing so, Payoneer account holders may be required to submit specific documentation that will assist us in ensuring the safety and security of all transactions done via Payoneer.

The most common documents that we may request are Government-issued photo ID and Proof of Residence. This post will help you to understand which document we do accept and avoid delays with the document approval. Let’s go through each one of them!

Valid Government-issued photo ID

The acceptable forms of ID are driver's license, passport, or national ID. The documents may vary between countries. We have two country exceptions:
1) For Philippines citizens, we also accept the following documents:

• Voter's card
  • Election card
  • GSIS card
  • Card version of the PhilHealth card (we don't accept the paper version with laminate plastic)
  • PHL ID card ( not the old postal ID card)
  • Professional Identification Card
  • Social Security card
  • Unified Multi-Purpose ID card

2) For Nigerian citizens, we can also accept the Voter's Card. But please have in mind that we can’t accept the NIN Slip (National Identity Management System) as an official government-issued ID.

Proof of Residence

A Proof of Residence is a document confirming where you live and must have both your full name and your address printed on it. Acceptable forms of proof of residence are:

• A copy of a recent bank statement with your name, bank details, and your address (within the past 3 months),
  • A residence permit card,
  • Official government/ municipality documents,
  • Rental agreement,
  • A copy of a recent utility bill (within the past 3 months) that has your name and the address registered on your Payoneer account. Examples of utility bills we accept are gas, water, electric, phone, cable bill, etc. Unfortunately, we cannot accept mobile phone bills or visa, or stamps in your passport as proof of residence.

If you live with your parents and you share the same surname, you can provide an utility bill under one of your parent’s name.

If you are renting and do not have any utility bills under your name, please provide us with a copy of your rental agreement and a copy of a utility bill under the landlord****'s name.

Tips for taking a good picture of your documents!
Before sending a photo of your document, we recommend considering the following points:

• Take a picture of the document with your smartphone.
  • Make sure the photo shows all four corners of the document and the image is full size.
  • The image needs to be in high quality and must not be pixelated or distorted when the zoom is applied.
  • The image must be a color copy of the original document
  • It must not be cropped or altered in any way.
  • The color of the document must be clearly distinguishable
  • The image must be clear. We cannot approve dark images.
  • Make sure the flash is not covering information on the document.
  • The letters must be legible.

If you want to know more about how to send the documents and what to do when a Held ID is requested, please check the following articles: How Do I Send Documents?, Payoneer asked me to provide a photo of myself holding my ID , I was asked to provide documents. How can I send them? (For Payers) -

Once you send the document requested, the review process may take a few days. That is the normal timeframe, so do not worry! Our Approval Department will contact you once the review is done. If we need additional documents or information, you will be requested via email or on the Verification Center in your Payoneer account.

Comments

• alekspaleksp Member Posts: 1
    edited September 19
    Hello fellow freelancers,

Don't know if this question is right for this category, but I couldn't find a better one.
    I have a few questions:

- Can I resubmit the documents I provided for the Verification Center, i.e. the one for verifying address and global service questionnaire? (ID was approved but I want to make changes to the other two)

- Can I receive directly from clients, while also receiving regular payments from UpWork? (I have a few direct clients, and a few clients that send me via UpWork)

Tried to contact support team directly, but that seems kind of impossible. It all leads me here to the forum.

Thank you all and have a good day :smile: :/
  • GoksGoks Member Posts: 1
    So i need to send document that has been issued in the past 3 months or 12 month for gov-id or my account will be closed ? And what if i dont have such document i cant just go and say o hey ye i need new document you know payoneer want document not older then 3months to verificate account .

can someone tell me what to do ?
  • SgtHKSgtHK Member Posts: 8
    Hello. I'm applying for a Payoneer Card renewal and it says for address verification I need to submit any one of the following:

- Utility Bill in renter's name
    - Utility Bill in owner's name
    - Rental agreement
    - Bank Document

I don't have a bank document that has been issued in the last 3 months. And I live with my parents and I'm not renting, therefore I don't have any "rental agreements". And any utility bills we have are addressed to my father. And since I'm not renting I don't have any utility bills addressed to me.

So what am I supposed to submit???
  • Shovon1337Shovon1337 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I submitted all my documents as you mentioned above about 5 days ago. But still, I didn't get any confirmation email. The process is still showing as under review.

I contacted with support, but no one replied to me yet.

I need to do a transaction as soon as possible. Can you help me to verify my documents?
    @LauraPayoneer
  • chrisatlemonchrisatlemon Member Posts: 6
    @Shovon1337 how did you manage to contact support? I've been clicking around forver, I cannot find anywhere where I could write an email, leave a ticket of phone someone - Payneer really does NOT want to be contacted.

My passport has been rejected twice. It is a high resolution scan, I can see every pixel. No reflections, nothing covered, all visible. I would like to know what's wrong with it but there is no way to get in touch with anyone!

I've been with Payoneer for over 10 years, now all of a sudden my identity is in question, that's just a joke. I understand there are laws to comply but this is getting stupid. I'm the same guy with the same documentation who's been a Payoneer customer for a decade ... if you want me to leave just say so and I'll take my business elsewhere. Otherwise just let me know what you actually need from me instead of just rejecting my submissions without any comment ...

Cheers

Chris
  • ShOk3RShOk3R Member Posts: 8
    edited November 18
    Hello payonner,
    I sent the invoice to the phone twice (orange) and it was rejected .... why?

it's the only bill in my name ... I'm waiting for an answer

p.S In live chat no one answers (I tried 2 days in a row .. 30 minutes each), I sent 2 emails and no answer ....
    You are a global bank, is that how you treat customers? feedback 0 ... disappointment
  • AklAkl Member Posts: 4
    I had the same issue, I think they don't accept mobile phone bills, only landline or internet bills.
    Did you send the original pdf (e-bill) or a picture with your phone's camera?
  • GerhardHoehnGerhardHoehn Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    How else can I confirm my address if the electricity and water bills are in my girlfriend's name?
  • nadiacanninadiacanni Member Posts: 7
    What a timing for this. I urgently need to purchase a plane ticket and I am still waiting for the approval.
  • haidzhaidz Member Posts: 4
    Hello Payoneer,
    Same case here. I have provided the required documents a week ago but the status is still "under review". Kindly check and advise.
    Thank you!
  • faitchfaitch Member Posts: 1
    @LauraPayoneer the only bill I have which I have submitted is my Internet bill, they are also cable providers I don't have a cable subscription. I received an email saying that it is not acceptable. What is the next step? I had to make a print of the bill as I receive my bills via email or text. Is it no longer possible to contact customer service? I am no longer seeing a link.
    > @Akl said:
    > I had the same issue, I think they don't accept mobile phone bills, only landline or internet bills.
    > Did you send the original pdf (e-bill) or a picture with your phone's camera?

@yes i send the original PDF bill...i don t have any bills on my name...somthing is wrong
    edited November 19
    @LauraPayoneer car insurance ?? is it accepted? or personal car tax?
    edited November 19
    @LauraPayoneer i live in mum's home but she got new name (new married) .... how i proff she is my mum on utility bills? got same adress but diferent name ...
  • frustrated99999frustrated99999 Member Posts: 5
    How do you contact support? I sent them my driver's licence, one week later they say it's either invalid or too old! It's still valid. My card expired and I have money in my account and it won't let me withdraw it to my bank account as the US$ option doesn't come up and it's in US$. I'm beyond frustrated and can't find Live Chat or even an email address!
  • MzeegulMzeegul Member Posts: 3
    My monthly payments are accumulating and pending in my Payoneer account and I haven't received any.
    I have provided several proofs of address but you keep on rejecting them.
    What do you want? Tell me what you want so that you can release my money. I'm tired of being on customer care every day and my messages are not responded too and my money is in your hands.

Do you know how much this is turning my life? I have a 3 months old baby and family to feed. The whole of last month and this month I'm living in debt because of this.

I would recommend that you re-think of proof of address, especially to Africans of the lower level. It is hard to provide the documents you need. I live in a slum area where things like rental agreements are not there. Bills are paid through mobile money and they are pre-paid. My bank (KCB) does not have an address in our bank statements. It only contains my name and phone number. How will you help me there?
    Kindly help. This is not fair even before the Lord doing such a thing to me. Why don't you ask for my KRA PIN? That's the sure way you can prove the address for Kenyans. KRA PIN is a government-provided document.

Kindly help me get my money without this too much hustle. I already worked hard to earn it and will continue working hard to earn it each month. Put yourself in my shoes, working the whole month, your employer has paid you but your bank has denied you your money. How will you feel? 
    Help me, please. Let not my heart keep on crying for Payoneer every single day.

Have a wonderful time.
  • movstoxmovstox Member Posts: 1
    hey, I'm in lockdown since Jan 2020 till Jun 2020 and now living with friends or renting AirBnb. So no long-term rental agreement and obviously bank statements don't contain address where I live.
    Anyone has a solution? I used P.O. box at main post office before, though not sure if it qualifies.

[Reference Number: 201113-032023]
  • DilemaradioDilemaradio Member Posts: 3
    :'( this is sad man. This is my first time using payoneer and after reading all this messages, I'm kind of worried to use this platform-
    I've been trying to contact them for weeks because my documents are still unverified and no way to get in touch with them, which makes me afraid to use payoneer.
    I hope they solve your problem soon, it's your money !! It is bad that you have to wait for YOUR money.
  • mohsinmanzoor1234mohsinmanzoor1234 Member Posts: 1
    did you got your answer if yes please share your experience.
    i gone send day buy day my own bill from mobile phone / internet...you reject , i upload again ... again etc...you are a JOKE for all back's in the world....hope you gone get serios problems...(soon all your client's are gone live....) i 'm here from 4 years and is first time i see this bullshit (verification center) , got 2 times new card same adrees etc...now nothing is good ?? yaa ... ns team !!! all good's are gone
  • jamilk1jamilk1 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue looking for a solution, anyone from Payoneer customer support kindly help us resolve this issue.
  • LaDanielaMoraLaDanielaMora Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Having an issue here and I don't know how to talk to a customer support agent! I´ve sent 2 bank papers to verify my address but they keep rejecting it, don't really know why. Any tip? How can I talk to an agent? Thanks!
  • Moo_salahMoo_salah Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem here !
    and don't know what to do ?
  • pisatelpisatel Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I have a problem to verify my account to receive a payment from a client.
    I don't know what to upload to verify the Id and address.
    I have my passport to verify my nationality.
    They ask for a photo ID of the Russian government, and I don't have any photo ID except the visa and the migration card.
    to verify my address I have a government registration card, but whenever I upload it gets rejected (It's all written in Russian)

Thanks,
  • FrinkFrink Member Posts: 1
    Same problem with me. I have contacted with them several times for this solution and each time they repeated same things, without solve this problem. I really hate payoneer. They like robots. They never helped me with any issues. Unfortunately for some reason i must use this shit account.
  • PetruzaPetruza Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Seems Payoneer didn't think this through, everybody is having problems with this, I submitted the bill and got no answer whatsoever and today my password stopped working and I get a "Your account access appears to be restricted", can't login so can't get proper support.
  • DeaprilDeapril Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

I just want to ask, I have read here that Philhealth Id is acceptable if I dont have any National Id, Passport or drivers license. Can you Enlighten me why this is rejected? Badly needed an answer.

Thank you
  • zoranpopovic021zoranpopovic021 Member Posts: 4
    I think I am having the same issue - my Global payment service verification still in "Under review" status after two weeks, and no reply from support at all ... I can not receive wire transfer payments, and I am exhausted with Payoneer now - I think there are better alternatives.