Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

Request for documents: ID and Proof of Residence

LauraPayoneer
LauraPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Popular Questions and Tips

When opening a Payoneer account, you might need to provide documents for the account verification. This process happens because as a regulated US company and online service, Payoneer must comply with the rules and regulations imposed by the US government, MasterCard®, and our banks. In doing so, Payoneer account holders may be required to submit specific documentation that will assist us in ensuring the safety and security of all transactions done via Payoneer.

The most common documents that we may request are Government-issued photo ID and Proof of Residence. This post will help you to understand which document we do accept and avoid delays with the document approval. Let’s go through each one of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7phileD9Cs

Valid Government-issued photo ID

The acceptable forms of ID are driver's license, passport, or national ID. The documents may vary between countries. We have two country exceptions:
1) For Philippines citizens, we also accept the following documents:

• Voter's card
  • Election card
  • GSIS card
  • Card version of the PhilHealth card (we don't accept the paper version with laminate plastic)
  • PHL ID card ( not the old postal ID card)
  • Professional Identification Card
  • Social Security card
  • Unified Multi-Purpose ID card

2) For Nigerian citizens, we can also accept the Voter's Card. But please have in mind that we can’t accept the NIN Slip (National Identity Management System) as an official government-issued ID.

Proof of Residence

A Proof of Residence is a document confirming where you live and must have both your full name and your address printed on it. Acceptable forms of proof of residence are:

• A copy of a recent bank statement with your name, bank details, and your address (within the past 3 months),
  • A residence permit card,
  • Official government/ municipality documents,
  • Rental agreement,
  • A copy of a recent utility bill (within the past 3 months) that has your name and the address registered on your Payoneer account. Examples of utility bills we accept are gas, water, electric, phone, cable bill, etc. Unfortunately, we cannot accept mobile phone bills or visa, or stamps in your passport as proof of residence.

If you live with your parents and you share the same surname, you can provide an utility bill under one of your parent’s name.

If you are renting and do not have any utility bills under your name, please provide us with a copy of your rental agreement and a copy of a utility bill under the landlord****'s name.

Tips for taking a good picture of your documents!
Before sending a photo of your document, we recommend considering the following points:

• Take a picture of the document with your smartphone.
  • Make sure the photo shows all four corners of the document and the image is full size.
  • The image needs to be in high quality and must not be pixelated or distorted when the zoom is applied.
  • The image must be a color copy of the original document
  • It must not be cropped or altered in any way.
  • The color of the document must be clearly distinguishable
  • The image must be clear. We cannot approve dark images.
  • Make sure the flash is not covering information on the document.
  • The letters must be legible.

If you want to know more about how to send the documents and what to do when a Held ID is requested, please check the following articles: How Do I Send Documents?, Payoneer asked me to provide a photo of myself holding my ID , I was asked to provide documents. How can I send them? (For Payers) -

Once you send the document requested, the review process may take a few days. That is the normal timeframe, so do not worry! Our Approval Department will contact you once the review is done. If we need additional documents or information, you will be requested via email or on the Verification Center in your Payoneer account.

Comments

• ShOk3R
    ShOk3R Member Posts: 2

@hafiznaseraslam said:
    They are asking to show the address through following ways
    1: Bank statement
    2: Utility bills
    3: Rental documents

As far as bank statement is concerned, it is showing my old temporary address not permanent address, so I don't want to send that.
    I also don't have rental documents or utility bills where my name or address is mentioned. I only have my CNIC and that is not acceptable. What should I do now?? Any help would be appreciated.

@hafiznaseraslam i tinck you need to change your address .... resend your I.D card with new address to confirm utility bill or bank stats.... good luck

• Dooly
    Dooly Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

If your scanned documents keep getting rejected, take a clear photo of the document using your smartphone camera and send them the image file unedited (do not resize it or modify it in any way). Also turn on two-step verification and verify your phone number. Hope that helps!

• KazPayoneer
    KazPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

In addition to documents, our team may request a full residential address.

This type of address that we need is one that accurately describes your house. It may not be the same address that you use as legal purposes, as the address format varies from country to country. Instead, whenever you provide an address, be sure that the following information is present:

House Number (if no number, a color)
    Street name (or number)
    City name
    [US only: state name]
    Country name
    Zip Code

So ultimately, the address you submit (regardless if it is a legal address that appears on legal documents) will be of the format:

12 Payoneer Street
    Payoneerland, USA, 00000.

Or, assuming you do not have a house number, and not a street name:

Pink House, Street 14
    Payoneerland, USA 00000.

In the event that you do not have a street name or number, you can instead use any nearby landmarks to describe the location of your house. For example:

Pink House, next to the main Church
    Payoneerland, USA 00000

The goal is to best describe your housing location. The reason we need this is for compliance.

Thank you!

• d2021
    d2021 Member Posts: 1
    Me solicitaron un ID y prueba de residencia para activar mi cuenta. Envié todo y aprobaron mi ID rápidamente, pero la prueba de residencia está en revisión hace más de una semana ¿Cómo puedo hacer para que verifiquen mi cuenta?
  • katcabasan
    katcabasan Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I tried to register for a Payoneer account in the PH but I did not see an option to present a Voter's ID.
  • sohail49
    sohail49 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys

I live In a Rent House And I applied For Payoneer Card Only Last Step Remain to send the Shipping address
    I send a Picture Of my electricity Bill The name On the bill is of the owner of the house and not mine so which option should I select

Bill of Renter Name

Bill of Owner Name
  • Hannah_Payoneer
    Hannah_Payoneer Confirm Email, Member Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

Hi there @sohail49

As the bill is not in your name and it is in the name of the owner of the house please select Bill in Owner Name

If you are not sure you can also email it to us directly and we will be happy to upload it for you.

• SenseiX
    SenseiX Member Posts: 1
    Hello @Hannah_Payoneer My account is currently restricted by pending the review of my business profile and global payment questionnaire which I submitted since March 22nd. Why is taking so long?
  • sohail49
    sohail49 Member Posts: 3
    @Hannah_Payoneer

Thank you for a Reply
    i email you Guys I looking Forward to Your Response There Was not an option for my kind of situation
    So i selected

Payoneer card > shipping Address > where is My Card Send To

I know the last Option does not match But I did not have another Option
  • GeorgianGesa
    GeorgianGesa Member Posts: 3
    Hello, i have a question.

1. Can you fund your payoneer accouny with $ without verifying id card and residental docs.
    2. Can you withdraw money to bank account from payoneer without id card anf res. Docs.?
    3. Is residental doc neccesary? Can i use other documents instead?
    4. Thx
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hi @GeorgianGesa

Thanks for your questions, you are able to begin to receive funds to your account before verification however you may not have full access to your funds until your account is fully verified. To do this please make sure you have your verification center fully filled in. For proof of residence you will have to provide one of the following:

• Utility bill - A utility bill (gas, water, electricity, landline phone, internet or cable bills are acceptable), no older than three months. The bill needs to include your name and the exact address.
    • Bank statement - A bank statement, no older than three months, containing your name and the exact address. Please note we cannot accept an online screenshot from your bank account online account.
    • Rental agreement - If you are renting and do not have any utility bills under your name, you can provide a complete rental agreement containing your name, the exact address and the rental period.
    • A residence permit card

This is necessary for account verification. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us!

• Muslimmunir
    Muslimmunir Member Posts: 2
    My transaction is held under review and I have been asked to provide ID. I have uploaded but they were not accepted now how can I upload it again?
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hey There @Muslimmunir
    Please note that photos of the ID should be uploaded to the verification center and have the following points to avoid delays:

• The image must not be pixelated
    • The image must be a large file size
    • The 4 corners of the document should be visible, all of the edges must be showing in the picture.
    • It must not be cropped or altered in any way.
    • There may not be any plastic covering on it.
    • The color of the document must be clearly distinguishable.
    • The image must be clear. We can not approve dark images.
    • The lines and letters must be clear and clearly seen in the entire document.
    • The image can not have flash or reflection that prevents observing information.
    • If zooming is necessary, the image should not be distorted.
    • The image must be a color photo of the original document.
    • We cannot accept a PDF/ Scan

If you are not sure about the photo you are uploading please contact us and we will be glad to assist you directly :)

• fitnesstrainerwa79
    fitnesstrainerwa79 Member Posts: 2
    I submitted a completely clear picture of my drivers license and it got rejected for being too blurry. Are these documents being approved and inspected by a real person, or is some kind of software approving or rejecting it? I don't know how I can make a clear picture more clear.
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hey there @fitnesstrainerwa79 please send the largest file size possible, this happens sometimes if a file is too small it makes the photo come through as blurry

• Farukkhalid
    Farukkhalid Member Posts: 4
    I have submitted my national ID card for verification. The verification status shows "approved". Does it mean that my document for verification has been accepted?
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hello @Farukkhalid Yes you are correct! If it says approved it is accepted.

• jxssxcxm
    jxssxcxm Member Posts: 2
    Hi @Hannah_Payoneer

I got a request asking for proof of residence. I live in the UAE and banks do not keep the full residence information of their customers. Since I live with my parents the tenancy contract and utility bills are in their name. What can I submit instead?
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hi there @jxssxcxm

If your parents and you share a surname (family name / last name) you can provide a document in your family's name :smile:

• Kalhara
    Kalhara Member Posts: 4
    I wanna create a new Payoneer account. But my living address and my Driving license registered address are not the same. Then how can I create a new account? I can prove my internet bill documents to prove my new living address.
  • Hannah_Payoneer
    Answer ✓

hey there @Kalhara

This is exactly the way we recommend verifying the address if it does not match your driver's license. We advise that your document/bill is within the last 3 months.

If you have any account-specific questions, please contact customer care

• Kalhara
    Kalhara Member Posts: 4
    Then when I create my Payoneer account, which address needs to be fill in the address line in that form?
    Living address or Driver's license address?
  • Hannah_Payoneer
    Answer ✓

@Kalhara
    It must be your living address, where you receive your bills.

• abrehamgezahegn
    abrehamgezahegn Member Posts: 2
    Hey @Hannah_Payoneer . Do you accept internet cable invoice as proof of residence? It has my name and address.
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hey there @abrehamgezahegn

If your Internet Cable Invoice has: your Name, your Address, and a current date (within the last 3 months) we typically can accept them.

• shubhamku
    shubhamku Member Posts: 2
    Payoneer rejected my bank statement because it had C/O [care of] written on it, but i am literally under care of my dad i live with my parents! All my documents will have "care of", even my mother's document has care of written on it, what should I do? I emailed you guys on customer care, i got bit email saying i will get a reply in 3 days but still no reply.. please help me with this
  • Wadhah
    Wadhah Member Posts: 5

@Hannah_Payoneer

I have a question please

My Payoneer card will expire on 12/2021 and I will travel in early or mid-November with my parents to visit my sister in Saudi Arabia and maybe spend two months and come back at the end of January
    So
    Is It ok to order my new card during my travels and send it via DHL to my sister’s Saudi address?
    Or will I need to confirm that address again to receive my card, as that is not my permanent address?
    Or maybe I should order it before traveling and cancel the previous card even before it expires?

I really don't know what to do ...

What is your advice?

Thanks in advance

• Hannah_Payoneer

Hi there @Wadhah

It is unfortunately not possible to order a card to a different country than the one you reside in, if you want you can order a new card early in November with a replacement fee, you will have to contact customer care directly to order this replacement card.

• mervi
    mervi Member Posts: 2
    Hi.
    Please my bank statements doesn't include my address. I don't have utility bills or a rental agreement at my name cause they're all under my husband's name. Can I deliver a certificate of residence signed by the municipality? If yes, which document type should I choose?
    Thanks for answering 🥺
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hi there @mervi

If you share a surname with your husband or if you can provide a marriage certificate we will be able to approve a utility bill or a rental agreement as proof of residence for you.

We are glad to help you!

• Md_Hosssain3
    Md_Hosssain3 Member Posts: 1
    @LauraPayoneer - Thank you
    MdAbulH.
  • mirza935
    mirza935 Member Posts: 2
    Very useful questions and answers.
  • TeresaSilva
    TeresaSilva Member Posts: 2
    Hello. In which section of the payoneer website should I upload my ID? Thank you.
  • Elena_Payoneer
    Elena_Payoneer Member, Administrator, Moderator, VIP Member Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @TeresaSilva!

You can upload your ID via Verification Center in your account.

In order to upload a document please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Payoneer account
    2. Select Verification Center under the Settings menu
    3. Select the relevant requirement from the list
    4. Upload the relevant document and click SUBMIT
    5. You will see a confirmation that the documents were uploaded successfully.

If you need help submitting documents, you can always contact our Customer Support Center, and we will be glad to assist you with uploading your ID.

• bestarazzi
    bestarazzi Confirm Email, Member Posts: 2
    I really want to know how long it generally takes to review a submitted document for verification. I submitted a document for account verification and it's getting to over two and no response.
  • Kiara_Payoneer
    Kiara_Payoneer Administrator, Moderator, VIP Member Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @bestarazzi! The review time for a regular document is up to 3 business days but this might have delays as our team is receiving a lot of requests.

We appreciate your patience and if you think it's taking too long you can always contact support to escalate the review.

• sablito
    sablito Member Posts: 1
    I can't verify my address for two reasons.
    1.I am living with my family and we are living on rent with the landlord paying the bills.
    2.All the documents are in arabic with minority in french like my Bank details BUT it has my old address with same region
  • Elena_Payoneer

Hey there @sablito ! Sorry to hear you have encountered issues during our verification process :/ Not to worry, we've got you covered!

We can accept utility bills in the landlord's name. Just make sure to attach your rent agreement with them.

You can provide documents in any foreign language. Our team is equipped to handle any required document translations.

We also encourage you to read this article in our Support Center as there are some helpful insights.

• ajnidua
    ajnidua Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
    I'm starting out freelancing. When I created my Payoneer account, I noticed that only Passports and Driver's Licenses are accepted IDs for Account Verification. Not everyone has those in the Philippines. We have Tax IDs, Social Security IDs, Health IDs and etc. Those should be added instead since they are more commonly used and available especially for freelancers.
  • Elena_Payoneer

Hey @ajnidua ! Thanks for reaching out. I apologize if there was any confusion regarding the types of documents we accept for Philippines.

I'm glad to let you know that in addition to Passport, ID and Driver's License we can also accept GSIS card, PhilHealth card, Voter's ID and other documents issued in Philippines. You can see the full list of documents with examples here.

In case of any doubts, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

• saqibdhillon1
    saqibdhillon1 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
    I have faced an issue last 4 months in my paynoor account. Am submitting my bank statement to Verification Center which is not accepted I don't know which reason. and I have no utility bill and rental agreement I have only a bank statement which is not acceptable last 3 months. please guide.
  • Elena_Payoneer

Hi there @saqibdhillon1 ! Sorry to hear you are facing issues with your account verification.

I have moved your question to this thread, you should be able to find an answer here.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know :)

• riadhsn
    riadhsn Confirm Email, Member Posts: 3
    There is no category that contain this type of document but i can't prove it any other way.
    I live with my family and my utility bills are under the name of the family member who owns the house. Additionally, my bank statements do not include my address. Please help me how can i ver
  • Elena_Payoneer

Hi @riadhsn ! Thank you for your question.

Please keep in mind that if you and a family member share the same last name, you can provide a utility bill under their name.

However, if you're still having trouble with account verification, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.

• yannamols
    yannamols Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I want to ask if I can submit another document other than a passport or driver's license.

I'm a freelance writer from the Philippines and I have a pending payment from my employer. I'd like to submit my National ID as it has all of the information I need. My passport has expired and I do not have a driver's license or permit yet, and there's no option for a National ID in the verification Center. Can I submit my National ID and is there any way to?
  • Elena_Payoneer

Hey @yannamols , please check this:

@Elena_Payoneer said:
    Hey @ajnidua ! Thanks for reaching out. I apologize if there was any confusion regarding the types of documents we accept for Philippines.

I'm glad to let you know that in addition to Passport, ID and Driver's License we can also accept GSIS card, PhilHealth card, Voter's ID and other documents issued in Philippines. You can see the full list of documents with examples here.

I hope it helps!

• Zakariae07
    Zakariae07 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I live with my mother, my name doesn't appear in the utililty bills. what should I do in that case?
  • Elena_Payoneer

Hey @Zakariae07 !

If you share the same last name, it should be okay to provide a utility bill under her name. If not, there are other documents you can provide instead. Please check all the options above.

If you have any additional questions, we are here to help!

• jordancelestino
    jordancelestino Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Hi! As the title said, I want to open a receiving account. But unfortunately, Payoneer has only 2 options for IDs, one for passport and for Driver's license. I only have National ID and Postal ID. Can you suggest a way for me to get verified? I'm from the Philippines by the way. Thank you!
  • Kiara_Payoneer

Hi @jordancelestino, we understand you have questions regarding the documents that are requested for account verification. We do accept national ID for this purpose. If you read the last few comments in this discussion you'll learn more about it and find other alternatives.

For any additional questions feel free to contact our Customer Support Center

• lopezanthony
    lopezanthony Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    I'm trying to verify my account on payoneer but I don't have driver's license or passport
  • Kiara_Payoneer

Hi @lopezanthony,

The acceptable forms of ID are driver's license, passport, or national ID. The documents may vary between countries. Feel free to scroll through this discussion and finde more information.

I hope this helped, good luck!

• Joules08
    Joules08 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    I want to use my Postal ID as verification, I only have Postal ID
  • Kiara_Payoneer

Hi @Joules08,

I'd like to help you with your question. As a moderator I moved yout inquiry to this discussion as it is related.

At the moment we are only accepting Passport, national ID and Driver's License for account verification. You can see the full list of documents with examples or country exceptions here.

I hope this helped and I wish you a great week!

• yourdudette
    yourdudette Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    Im from the Philippines, I don't have the following government IDs needed to verify my account such as passport, national id & driver's license although I have other government IDs.What should I do?
  • Kiara_Payoneer

@yourdudette

@Kiara_Payoneer said:
    Hi @Joules08,

I'd like to help you with your question. As a moderator I moved yout inquiry to this discussion as it is related.

At the moment we are only accepting Passport, national ID and Driver's License for account verification. You can see the full list of documents with examples or country exceptions here.

I hope this helped and I wish you a great week!

• marjmarquez
    marjmarquez Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2023
    Hi, I am from Philippines. Can I use other government-issued ID? I don't have Driver's License because I don't drive. I don't have a passport also because I am not planning to leave the country. I still don't have my National ID.

Can I use NBI, TIN or Pag-ibig ID instead to get my account verified?
  • Kiara_Payoneer

Hi @marjmarquez,

@Elena_Payoneer said:

• lihad123
    lihad123 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2023
    hello. I'm from bangladesh. i've uploaded my national id card on the verification section in payoneer but all time they rejected it. And just to let u know i don't uploaded any low quality image. i've uploaded high quality picture. but don't know why they rejected it. could someone help me with that plz.
  • Kiara_Payoneer

@lihad123 if you click on the "here" word in the post I'm quoting, you'll be able to check the posible options to provide as a government issued ID for Bangladesh!

• XochiMarb
    XochiMarb Member Posts: 2
    <3 I have created my account days ago. First off, I'm happy that The Philippines has an exemption. The thing I wanted to clarify is regarding the Philhealth ID Card. Such document is actually just cut paper to be laminated. have done research and found out that there is no Plastic Card, but I may be wrong. Hopefully this can be answered since it's a bit hard and time consuming to get these cards.