Adding USPS to UK PayPal account

NickR
NickR Member Posts: 5

Hi there folks,

Does anyone know if you can link your Payoneer US payment service with a UK Paypal business account? I am not given an option to link a US bank account. 

Does this option only applies to PayPal UK personal account?

Do you get the option unless you add a UK bank account and then have the option to add a US bank account?

Comments

• Nissim
    Nissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There should not be any restriction for you to add a US bank account to your UK business PayPal account. If the option is not there, however, it may be due to a known technical issue PayPal is having this week. I would suggest contacting their support team for assistance.

• NickR
    Nissim wrote on June 11 2013, 9:13 PM: »

There should not be any restriction for you to add a US bank account to your UK business PayPal account. If the option is not there, however, it may be due to a known technical issue PayPal is having this week. I would suggest contacting their support team for assistance.

Hi Nissim, I did call Paypal, I didn't go through to anyone (probably been charged a fortune for a useless phone call).

Sent an e-mail to them waiting for their news (Fingers Crossed it should be sorted). We will wait and see...

• Nissim

Ok, please keep me updated.

• NickR

For future reference, Please do not e-mail Paypal for this issue, you will not solve the problem. 

The Solution is to call them up  and the problem will be resolved straight away by one of the staff members.

Cheers

• Nissim

Thanks again for sharing your experience, Nick!

• davidventernet
    davidventernet Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013

I've called Paypal in hopes of resolving this issue. The representative said that he had no option to manually add a US Bank Account to my South African PayPal account telephonically. I have to either open a new US PayPal account or I need to wait (indefinitely) until the technical issues on the Paypal website are resolved. I don't want to open a US PayPal account just for the sake of withdrawing funds to Payoneer. I hope that the technical issue is resolved so that I can add the account myself. I'll keep you updated here to let you know if/when I am able to link US Payment Service to my South African PayPal account. Thus far, contacting PayPal by phone has been unsuccessful. 

• davidventernet
    davidventernet Member Posts: 2
    davidventernet wrote on June 24 2013, 2:36 PM: »

I've called Paypal in hopes of resolving this issue. The representative said that he had no option to manually add a US Bank Account to my South African PayPal account telephonically. I have to either open a new US PayPal account or I need to wait (indefinitely) until the technical issues on the Paypal website are resolved. I don't want to open a US PayPal account just for the sake of withdrawing funds to Payoneer. I hope that the technical issue is resolved so that I can add the account myself. I'll keep you updated here to let you know if/when I am able to link US Payment Service to my South African PayPal account. Thus far, contacting PayPal by phone has been unsuccessful. 

Good news guys, Paypal called me back on my mobile about half an hour after I've called them about the issue and asked me to clear my browser cache, log out, log back in and retry adding my account. It worked. Now I just have to wait for the two micro-transactions to show up in Payoneer so that I can confirm the account and withdraw my PayPal balance to it. 

If anyone else is experiencing issues adding their US Payment Service to Paypal: Email PayPal Support AND give them a call. They'll resolve the issue for you :-)

• Nissim

Thanks for updating :)

This discussion has been closed.