About account fee

distinctr
distinctr Member Posts: 2
Hello everybody, i've got a question.
I had $4,5 in my account, and didn't make a transaction more than a year
In my account it says 29.95 USD account fee for 12 months. The system took my 4,5 USD and i'm curious about if i get another transaction now, like 100 USD. Is the system gonna take the remaining 25 USD from me for account fee? Or it took the whole balance and it counts as paid all?
Thanks.

Comments

• KazPayoneer
    KazPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

This would count as the annual fee. Since you only had 4 USD in the account, a partial fee was charged for that whole amount. There would not be a remaining 25 USD.

Thanks!

• Kat_and_Kat
    Kat_and_Kat Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am new here and I don't yet have an account (my application is being processed and there're problem with it).
    May I ask what were those 29 USD fees? What for?
    I thought there's no fee for just having the account, is there? Only when you get a payment, there's a percentage, and for some other operations? Not when you let it be and don't do anything with it...??
    I find the pricing confusing enough and you freaked me out even more with this post.
  • KazPayoneer
    KazPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Hi,

Users who have a Prepaid or Commercial Debit MasterCard with us are charged an annual fee of 29.95 for every year that the card is active.

Users who do not have this, and only have Payoneer balances are not access a fee, unless there have been funds sitting in the account for a year. This is to encourage you to withdraw your funds and not keep them there like a bank account, as we are not a bank.

For example, if you received $50 on January 1, 2021, and have done absolutely no actions (including receiving and withdrawing payments) until January 1, 2022, you will be charged a fee of 29.95. If you have less 29,95 in the account you are instead charged the full balance of your account.

If you received $50 on January 1, 2021, and received a payment on June 1 2021, then you will not be charged the 29.95 fee.

It is not a fee to keep the account, it is a fee for inactivity on the account. Payoneer is not the platform to store your funds on like a savings account, so we encourage you to stay active in using the platform.

Please let us know should you have any other questions about the pricing and fees.

• GloriaVa
    GloriaVa Confirm Email, Member Posts: 2
    Will the system charge anything if the account has been inactive with zero amount for over a year?
  • Elena_Payoneer
    Elena_Payoneer Member, Administrator, Moderator, VIP Member Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @GloriaVa, thank you for your question! If you don't have any balance on your account after it has been inactive for more than 12 months, there is not going to be any pending charge.