Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

eBay - How to change my personal account to a business account?

shanaka555
shanaka555 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 2
edited July 2021 in Ask The Community
Hi have a nice day
I am an online seller. I have a business account on ebay.
So how do I change my payoneer personal account to a business account?
thank you

Comments

• Hannah_Payoneer
    Hannah_Payoneer Confirm Email, Member Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

hey there @shanaka555
    please note that all Payoneer accounts are designed for business payments, there are individual accounts and company accounts. As an online seller you are probably best staying as an individual account, if you have any additional questions specific to your account please contact us

• tlcd
    tlcd Member Posts: 3
    Hi @Hannah_Payoneer

One of my Facebook community members could not link his personal Payoneer account to his ebay business account. This was on 3rd June. I have taken a screenshot of his Facebook post for you. I have put the image link below. I too have a personal Payoneer account & I have contacted Payoneer through support center requests twice regarding this issue & yet to receive an answer. I did not see this post by the time I contacted Payoneer. My references are as follows.

My Payoneer Account -> Close/Reopen Account -> I want to reopen my account.

My References:
    (1.) 210604-012427
    (2.) 210607-001525

Link to the image showing the issue:

https://i.imgur.com/T573f3I.jpg

I would much appreciate it if you could look into this matter and provide a solution.

Thank you in advance.

TLCD
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hi @shanaka555 and @tlcd If you have registered on eBay as a business, as a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation in eBay, then you must re-apply as a company account- you can use the link that eBay gave you for the application

• dewpriya
    dewpriya Member Posts: 2
    ( Looks like some details don't match
    >>To get paid by eBay using Payoneer, the profie details of your Payoneer account must match your eBay profile details

>>Details that currently don't match
    >Type of business)
    This is the issue that remains , i checked everything but same issue ><
  • tlcd
    tlcd Member Posts: 3
    Hi @Hannah_Payoneer,

Thank you so much for looking into the issue quickly & finding a solution for us. Appreciate it a lot. I have a feeling you guys must be very busy with this ebay-Payoneer partnership thing these days. So, Thank you much again. The big question now out of the way thanks to you, I just need to know one small detail. Is a certain person allowed to keep one personal & one business Payoneer account? or when we open the business Payoneer account through ebay, does Payoneer close our personal Payoneer account?

Thank you in advance.

TLCD
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hey, @tlcd this should be okay, however, PLEASE let me know as quickly as possible if you have an issue opening a second account and I will be able to request a review of the situation for you

• Shiraj31
    Shiraj31 Member Posts: 2
    Hi @Hannah_Payoneer ,

When we are re-applying for a business account, Can we use same informations which is used for personal account including email address, bank account?

Thank you
  • Hannah_Payoneer

hi @Shiraj31 Yes you should use all the same information, and as I said before if you have any issues please let me know

• DODO123456
    DODO123456 Member Posts: 3
    Hi what about changing Business account to Individual account? eBay does not have option to change account type from Business to Individual so currently my account under eBay is business which is conflict with my Payoneer account. When I register, my Payoneer account was as individual not business. How do I makesure everything is individual now? I do not have business and I cant even remove my business name under my eBay account.
  • Hannah_Payoneer

@DODO123456 You will have to re-apply for an individual account. Please use the link that eBay sent to you to apply for the new account.

• DODO123456
    DODO123456 Member Posts: 3
    If business account on eBay have more than 2 accounts, for example 4 accounts on eBay so can all my 4 accounts link to that 1 Payoneer account? Or do I need to create 4 different Payoneer account?
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hi @DODO123456 if your eBay accounts are in the same name you should be able to link them all to the same Payoneer account

• Dasun95
    Dasun95 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, @Hannah_Payoneer I have ebay individual account and It is required to connect a payoneer individual account. I want to find that my payoneer account is individual or company. How can I find out the account type? So, If it is a company account, I need to reapply individual account with same information
  • Hannah_Payoneer

@Dasun95 You are able to log into your account and if you see a company name on the Payoneer account you have a company account, if you log in an you ONLY see your own name you have an invidual account. Please contact customer care if you are having issues with your personal account.

• Sasindu
    Sasindu Member Posts: 1
    Hi, @Hannah_Payoneer I have my own name when I log into my account. But in the verification center, they request both "Provide business details" and "Account verification". Is my account a business one or an individual one? If it is a business account how can I convert it to an individual account?

Thanks
  • Hannah_Payoneer

Hey there @Sasindu as all Payoneer accounts are designed for professional payments we will need your business details for individual accounts. This being said, if your account show's your name when you log in you most likely have an individual account.