Private Load Fee

RZamanAnikRZamanAnik Member Posts: 8

Last Monday, I have done a $1000 private load to my friend's payoneer card, and selected "Cardholder pays the fee" option. So I was supposed to be charged $1000. But my account has been charged $1018, and the details is showing "POS Signature Purchase International". Why? Am not I supposed to be charged $1000 rather than $1018?

BTW, I have selected "One time payment" option. Please guide!

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Payoneer uses an international merchant to process private loads. As this merchant is located in the EU, a cross border charge may be applied by our issuing bank/MasterCard for the USD purchase (which is generally between 1-2%).

• RZamanAnikRZamanAnik Member Posts: 8

So, even if the cardholder pays the 3.75% fee, I will have to pay the additional 1-2% fee?

If you make a private load with a Payoneer card, yes, as this type of transaction is subject to a cross border fee.

In general we would recommend the card to card transfer service, but unfortunately the partner you signed up with does not support it.

• RZamanAnikRZamanAnik Member Posts: 8

Thanks for the info. Can I still get Payoneer card directly without having the partner associated with the account?

Yes, however we allow only (1) account per person.