Wrong Conversion Rate

VaskeVaske Posts: 12Member ✭✭
Hello,

I tried to send a support ticket but every time I got an error that I have some invalid characters in my message and live support is offline too so I will post my question here:

I had a purchase today of 1631.00 Serbian dinar which appears like $25.55 and this conversion is totally incorrect. Conversion ratio for RSD is about 76RSD for $1 and in this conversion it appear that it is 63.83

It is not so big deal on this small transaction but it should be fixed.

Here are details for this transaction:

Date: 12/20/2011 15:09 T30775198
Pre-Auth Transaction-POS Signature Purchase International
DUNAVSKA 27 NOVI SAD SRB
Local Currency Amount: [Serbian Dinar: 1631.0]
Amount to charge: $25.55

Thank you!

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    Vaske wrote:

Hello,

I tried to send a support ticket but every time I got an error that I have some invalid characters in my message and live support is offline too so I will post my question here:

I had a purchase today of 1631.00 Serbian dinar which appears like $25.55 and this conversion is totally incorrect. Conversion ratio for RSD is about 76RSD for $1 and in this conversion it appear that it is 63.83

It is not so big deal on this small transaction but it should be fixed.

Here are details for this transaction:

Thank you!

Hello Vaske

I apologize for your difficulties getting through to live support, they are online now. I am happy to answer your question though.

Often times gas stations, hotels and high end restaurants will place a pre-authorization hold on a debit card to make sure there is enough money for the payment on the card. After 5-7 days the actual amount of the purchase is taken from the card.

This explains the discrepancy you are seeing.

Just as a side note the conversion rate that is given on Payoneers cards is according to the MasterCard Currency Conversion rates. You can see the latest rates on their wesbite, https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/index.html.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

• VaskeVaske Posts: 12Member ✭✭
    Hello David,

I know what is pre authorized transaction and this is ok. Problem is that a wrong conversion rate was applied. According to MasterCard conversion rates $1 is 78.440000RSD and transaction was converted like $1 is 63.83RSD.
    I can see that it is corrected now. Everything is ok now.

Thank you for your answer
  • DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    Vaske wrote:

Hello David,

I know what is pre authorized transaction and this is ok. Problem is that a wrong conversion rate was applied. According to MasterCard conversion rates $1 is 78.440000RSD and transaction was converted like $1 is 63.83RSD.
    I can see that it is corrected now. Everything is ok now.

Thank you for your answer

Hey

Glad everything worked out. Let me know if anything else arises.

Thanks