[Privacy Concern] Customer service asks to email them scans of personal information

fred10416
fred10416 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 2
Hi guys, I opened an account on Payoneer weeks ago, and I have to verify my identity "again", because the issuing country of my passport and my country of residency don't match. (Taiwanese living in the US)

I only have Green Card (permanent resident) for verification but there is no such option in the verification system. I contacted customer service about this and they asked me to email them the photo of my Green Card and they will upload it for me manually.

I have a concern about sending important personal information straight to customer service, without going through the online system and the verification team. Is this safe?

Comments

• Kiara_Payoneer
    Kiara_Payoneer Administrator, Moderator, VIP Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @fred10416,

Thank you for reaching out to us and expressing your concerns regarding the verification process. We completely understand your caution in sharing personal data via email.

Your privacy is super important to us, and we take extra care with your personal info. No need to worry, we've got measures in place to keep everything secure.

To make sure everything's legit, we suggest you give our customer support a call directly. They'll help you confirm the email's authenticity and walk you through the verification process safely.

We never share your data with anyone unauthorized, so you can trust us on that!

If you've got any more questions or need help, just reach out to our awesome customer support team.

Thanks for being a part of the Payoneer family!