Need To Know About Elancer?

zealzeal Posts: 12Member
what is the activation fee for elancer in listed countries?
Hello, first of all let me tell you this that when I asked this question to payoneer customef support, they told me to contact the partner (i.e elancer) for an answet and when I contacted elancer, they said theyso not take any fee for payoneer so I should ask payoneer.
Basically, my question was what is the activation fee for getting a payoneer card via elancer for Pakistan? On the elancer website, there is no special category or special prices for any listed countries and it says the charges for activating the card is only 5$ (no countries mentioned just general pricing shown). So, I want to confirm if i get a payoneer card via elancer, would I only pay 5$ for activating my card?
my second question is related to maintaince fee. I generally don't keep any balance in my account and I am going to do the same with payoneer. It says if I have 0 balance, it won't charge me the maintaince fee. So, if I have 100$ and I withdraw 97 (excluding the fee for withdrawl) there would not be much balance left. So, would it charge me the maintaince fee or not? Also, tell me the time period from which to which it monitors if i have zero balance?
thank you

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    zeal wrote:

Hello, first of all let me tell you this that when I asked this question to payoneer customef support, they told me to contact the partner (i.e elancer) for an answet and when I contacted elancer, they said theyso not take any fee for payoneer so I should ask payoneer.
    Basically, my question was what is the activation fee for getting a payoneer card via elancer for Pakistan? On the elancer website, there is no special category or special prices for any listed countries and it says the charges for activating the card is only 5$ (no countries mentioned just general pricing shown). So, I want to confirm if i get a payoneer card via elancer, would I only pay 5$ for activating my card?
    my second question is related to maintaince fee. I generally don't keep any balance in my account and I am going to do the same with payoneer. It says if I have 0 balance, it won't charge me the maintaince fee. So, if I have 100$ and I withdraw 97 (excluding the fee for withdrawl) there would not be much balance left. So, would it charge me the maintaince fee or not? Also, tell me the time period from which to which it monitors if i have zero balance?
    thank you

Hello

In order to see Elance's fees you do not have to contact their customer support. If you sign in to your Elance account on their site and select Payoneer as your payment option there is a link you can press and a clear list of all the fees will come up.

As long as there is a balance in your account we will take a monthly maintenance fee. If there is no money in your account no maintenance fee is taken until money is loaded back into the account. If you have no balance for 6 months your account will be marked inactive.

Thanks

• zealzeal Posts: 12Member
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
    Thank you for a quick response. I checked it and that is what confusing me. https://payouts.payoneer.com/partners/Default/fees.aspx?pid=4111600&bhcp=1 This is the page of Elance where I see that for getting a payoneer card via elancer will cost 5$ for activation fee. So, does it mean that if I get a payoneer card through them 5$ is all I have to pay for activating this card? or, I will have to pay addition 24.50$ activation fee for listed countries that is showed at payoneer official website?

One more question, I often see the term "Loading Payments - Standard Load " fee for Payoneer. Does this fee only apply for loading payoneer via a debit/credit card? or, If I am loading my card via any of the partner elance, freelancer the same fee will be applied for transferring money from these partners to my payoneer card?
    Also, can I transfer my Payoneer balance into my bank account some how?
    Thanks.
    zeal wrote:

Hello,
    Thank you for a quick response. I checked it and that is what confusing me. https://payouts.payoneer.com/partners/Default/fees.aspx?pid=4111600&bhcp=1 This is the page of Elance where I see that for getting a payoneer card via elancer will cost 5$ for activation fee. So, does it mean that if I get a payoneer card through them 5$ is all I have to pay for activating this card? or, I will have to pay addition 24.50$ activation fee for listed countries that is showed at payoneer official website?

One more question, I often see the term "Loading Payments - Standard Load " fee for Payoneer. Does this fee only apply for loading payoneer via a debit/credit card? or, If I am loading my card via any of the partner elance, freelancer the same fee will be applied for transferring money from these partners to my payoneer card?
    Also, can I transfer my Payoneer balance into my bank account some how?
    Thanks.

Hi

The fee on the Payoneer site are general fees, the only fees that apply to you are the ones with the first partner you sign up with, in this case Elance. So yes your activation fee is US$5.

The standard load is the regular 2 day load, it only applies for partner payments not for loads through an external credit card.

The loading fee is per partner, but the rest of the fees are according to the partner you first signed up with.

Finally, you cannot transfer from your card to a bank account. The only way to transfer to your bank account is from the partner directly to your bank account, if the partner offers it.

Thanks

Hello,
    Thank you most things are cleared up to me now. A few more questions, I hope you would answer

1. Can I get a payoneer card from any of the particular partner istock, elancer, feelancer, and then activate that card by loading funds from another partner? For Instance, if I get a card from istock, can I load funds from getafreelancer.com to my payoneer card to activate it?

2. Is there any fee for getting a virtual bank account? because on iStock forum I read that "There will be a one-time set up fee of $10.00 for this service" Please, help me understand that.

Thanks.
    zeal wrote:

Hello,
    Thank you most things are cleared up to me now. A few more questions, I hope you would answer

1. Can I get a payoneer card from any of the particular partner istock, elancer, feelancer, and then activate that card by loading funds from another partner? For Instance, if I get a card from istock, can I load funds from getafreelancer.com to my payoneer card to activate it?

2. Is there any fee for getting a virtual bank account? because on iStock forum I read that "There will be a one-time set up fee of $10.00 for this service" Please, help me understand that.

Thanks.

Hello

1.With the exception of Elance, you can sign up for a card with one company and receive payments from another. In regards to Elance, in order to receive payments from them you have to have their specific partner card (with the Elance partner card you can still receive payments from other companies). The card is activated by loading funds from any of the partners.

2. Do you mind providing me with the link where you saw that information about iStock and their Virtual Account fees? To answer your question we do have fees, it is US$20 a year and 2% of each payment that is transferred through the Virtual Account.

Thanks

David wrote:

Hello

1.With the exception of Elance, you can sign up for a card with one company and receive payments from another. In regards to Elance, in order to receive payments from them you have to have their specific partner card (with the Elance partner card you can still receive payments from other companies). The card is activated by loading funds from any of the partners.

2. Do you mind providing me with the link where you saw that information about iStock and their Virtual Account fees? To answer your question we do have fees, it is US$20 a year and 2% of each payment that is transferred through the Virtual Account.

Thanks

Hello,
    Thank you for clearing things up. I think I will go with the Odesk Payoneer Card because it also looks stylish :) Just confirm me this, I can get a Payoneer card from Odesk and Upload funds first time from scriptlance or freelance.com? Confirm me this because I am signing up for a card right now :)

About the fee, I actually saw that in some forums of iStock..may be the post was not official or sent by any members? anyways thanks.
    I just signed up for my Payoneer Card. I'm hoping to have a good time with this card.
    How long can it take to ship internationally? I am in Pakistan.
    zeal wrote:

Hello,
    Thank you for clearing things up. I think I will go with the Odesk Payoneer Card because it also looks stylish :) Just confirm me this, I can get a Payoneer card from Odesk and Upload funds first time from scriptlance or freelance.com? Confirm me this because I am signing up for a card right now :)

About the fee, I actually saw that in some forums of iStock..may be the post was not official or sent by any members? anyways thanks.

zeal wrote:

I just signed up for my Payoneer Card. I'm hoping to have a good time with this card.
    How long can it take to ship internationally? I am in Pakistan.

Hi

Yes you can receive payment from those partners on your Payoneer card from oDesk. Here is a great post on our blog about how to add multiple partners onto your Payoneer card, http://blog.payoneer.com/?p=41.

I am aware that a lot of the iStock posts are not official but I am just interested in the post anyways, so if you remember where it is if you could send the link my way that would be great.

International shipping can take up to 28 business days (around 6 weeks), although most of the time it is quicker.

Thanks for signing up and Good Luck!

Hello,
    Actually I just noticed that the post was posted in 2007 and I got there by just a random search via Google. Anyhow, here is the link "http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=59624"

I already received an e-mail that my application for the card is approved and it will be delivered soon.
    Thank You.
    edited December 2011
    zeal wrote:

Hello,
    Actually I just noticed that the post was posted in 2007 and I got there by just a random search via Google. Anyhow, here is the link "http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=59624"

I already received an e-mail that my application for the card is approved and it will be delivered soon.
    Thank You.

Thanks for sending the link.

I checked it out and the US$10 fee was a promotion fee for iStock when we began working with them, and actually is referring to cards not virtual accounts.

Good Luck with your card

Thanks and no problem. So, for Odesk, If I want to have a virtual bank account, it will cost me 20$/year?
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    zeal wrote:

Thanks and no problem. So, for Odesk, If I want to have a virtual bank account, it will cost me 20$/year?

It's $20 per year and 2% of whatever you transfer through it, regardless of what partners you have signed up with.
    Talia