In The Middle Of Dispute

emdademdad Member Posts: 2
edited January 2012 in Ask The Community
a very serious issue_important like a life matter
My Acknowledgment:

(whoever reads this post, please read it carefully and seriously. This post contains lots of confidential information)

I am a debit mastercard holder which is linked to oDesk. I'm a graphics and web designer. I do freelance works on oDesk and some other forums.

I was working with a employer named "A" for nearly a year. So, I got to trust him and I thought he trusted me too. He lives at Chittagong, near my city Dhaka. I used to get payments from him physically, I mean not through online. I have never seen him face to face, he used to send little cash by local mail service. However, this isn't the issue.

Some months ago, "A" requested me to help him, because he had financial problem...he has some receivables online. but he doesn't have any master card so that he could receive his money. Beside this, he slightly threatened me too that he won't give me works anymore and will be able to block my odesk and payoneer account if I don't help him. I was little afraid of him, because he has some real power. I will come to this point "his power" later.

I agreed to help "A". Then I saw a guy "S" loaded money into my account seven times. "A" told me that "S" is his buyer and is paying him by loading money into my account. Everytime I received the money from "S", I withdrew the money and sent the full amount to A's address (****) by local mail and parcel service.

Some days ago, I got a dispute notification from payoneer that "S" has claimed that those payments were not authorized by him and he hasn't got service against the payments yet. Immediately, I informed "A" about the mail. He gave me a written mail claiming "'S' has got service against every payments and now he is trying to cheat..." I replied to payoneer by the given mail. Payoneer payments department agent "Terry" wanted to see some evidence like invoice, shipment documents etc. Then, I again informed "A" that payoneer wants some documents and just after that, he started to ignore me. He didn't give me any reply. On the other hand, "S" also knows that I'm not guilty, but he wants a revenge. Thus, I felt into hot water.

I was telling about their power. Let go through details. "A" is a PTC(paid to click) and HYIP(high-yield investment program) launcher. He used to launch PTC and HYIP sites and when people starts to invest, he closes down the site and scams people. I know this because I designed banners for his sites like iconbux.com, rafibux.com, urobux.com and lots more. Again, the dispute guy- "S" uses email address of leobux. What I can remember that leobux.com was also a PTC site and scammed people. So, the situation is I felt in the middle of dispute between two scammers. And their power?...as they launch sites regularly, It's not that hard to run negative publicity about anyone. Even they have some gangs for their protection.

"A" is not replying and "S" is complaining...I am the victim. I realized my wrong. The first mistake I made is dealing with this kind of guys. I should have avoided scammers. I also reported some information about PTC scammers in FBI and Interpol crime report center. I determined to work honestly and be free from PTC and HYIP scams. I have started to fight the dispute on my own. I also informed "Terry" that I wouldn't be able to documents because freelancers don't have documents for their work delivery and payments. We send works by uploading or attaching with mail and receive payments in Paypal, Alertpay or Payoneer.

I have written much...you could fall asleep reading this long post. But, I can't even sleep for this tension. I want to build my career on oDesk, and you know oDesk is not complete without payoneer.

In this circumstances, I need payoneer's suggestion. I am open to share more information if you need.

Thanks for reading the whole post carefully.

- "A", "S" and "***" - these have been moderated to sensor real names and information.

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Hi,

For security reasons, I have edited out some of the personal details in your post. Please note that posting another individual's personal and/or contact information is against the Payoneer Community Guidelines

I am very sorry to hear about your current situation. Indeed, dealing with scamming/scammers is very frustrating, and I thank you for contacting us in regards to this issue.

In order to ensure the financial security of both Payoneer and our account holders, strict rules, regulations and procedures are imposed by MasterCard, our issuing bank and our regulators for situations such as these. Payoneer does not offer dispute resolution, and while we understand your position, we are required to follow these regulations and procedures.

You have been contacted by a senior representative from our payment department, Terry, with details on how to proceed. If you are unable to provide any requested documents or details, the best thing to do is reply to that e-mail and explain the situation. While it is likely the loader may dispute the charges, as is his right, we will do what we can do assist you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly or reply to the e-mail that was sent to you.

Thanks,
  • emdademdad Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    Thanks. I'll deal with Terry. But, it would be better if I could contact him by Live chat or forum. I have sent the last mail to him 4/5 days ago and no replies yet.

If it's possible, please notify him or refer him to the issue please.
    emdad wrote:

Request to moderators and admins: I think you have saved the real copy of the message before moderating it. It won't be possible to understand the real situation if you don't know the names. So, please read the rough version of the message and then suggest.

I'm reminding again that this issue is very important and serious for me.

I understand the importance of this situation to you, and assure you that I have read the entire message. However, you are best off contacting our payment department directly with this information (by replying to the e-mail you received) as they would be the ones who can directly assist you.
  • burnburn Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    emdad wrote:

Beside this, he slightly threatened me too that he won't give me works anymore and will be able to block my odesk and payoneer account if I don't help him.

this is where you should've stop contacted him.

emdad wrote:

Some days ago, I got a dispute notification from payoneer that "S" has claimed that those payments were not authorized by him and he hasn't got service against the payments yet. Immediately, I informed "A" about the mail. He gave me a written mail claiming "'S' has got service against every payments and now he is trying to cheat..." I replied to payoneer by the given mail. Payoneer payments department agent "Terry" wanted to see some evidence like invoice, shipment documents etc.

I don't understand. What do you mean, not authorized? Someone DID send the payments, no?? So just about any payment through payoneer can be withdrawn by a single word of a buyer? It would be a large turnoff from payoneer for me, and for any other freelancer, too.
    edited January 2012
    burn wrote:

this is where you should've stop contacted him.

I don't understand. What do you mean, not authorized? Someone DID send the payments, no?? So just about any payment through payoneer can be withdrawn by a single word of a buyer? It would be a large turnoff from payoneer for me, and for any other freelancer, too.

Hey,

You can link your Payoneer card to your account with any of our 1400+ partner and affiliate programs, and receive payments from those accounts. These payments are completely secure as they are your direct earnings and commissions from that partner.

Additionally, we offer a separate private load option that allows you to receive payments via Visa/MasterCard (not related to your partner/affiliate account).

The case described above is regarding private loads, and not partner payments. It is not specifically related to Payoneer and the services we offer, but simply a dispute made by a Visa/MasterCard holder, which can be done by anyone who owns a Visa/MasterCard regardless of which merchant charged the card.

If you receive a private load and the loader disputes the charge claiming that it is not authorized, Payoneer is required to follow strict rules and regulations set by MasterCard, our regulators and our issuing bank. The matter will have to be taken up directly with the loader.

As I mentioned, this is not specific to Payoneer and is the same for all merchants charging a Visa/MasterCard.