Help Required In Payoneer Card Setup.

I am stuck between two partners. Which way should I go?
Hello everyone. I am a freelancer and I am in need of help. Kindly spare a bit of time to help me. I am explaining the entire issue below.

I work on oDesk and have a decent sum of money there, waiting to be withdrawn. I decided to go for the Payoneer services. The only problem that I need to be solved is that while researching a bit, I found that I would like to have the Elance card rather than oDesk's. Two of the main reasons are:

1. The facilities and the lower services charges that Elance offer.
2. It is Elance's policy that they only honor their own card only.

So, what's the problem? The problem is that I am a complete newbie at Elance and haven't landed my first project yet. I am so overwhelmed by my oDesk clients that I cannot even sign up with any project at Elance (but I want the card from Elance). Following are my questions?

1. Can I have the Elance payoneer card without even having a single project under my belt there?
2. If yes, then after I receive my payoneer card (the Elance one), how will I be able to activate it and use it if there is no money on my Elance profile account? From where will the activation and service charges be deducted at the time of activation?
3. If it can be activated from the money I have in oDesk then there is no problem I guess. But if it cannot be deducted from there, then what other alternatives I have?
4. From where the monthly service charges will be deducted?

I am in a great peril and I need to withdraw the money real quickly (within 1 month) so I need to apply fast, but I also need to clear these issues first as I do not intend to merge 2 cards later. It would be very kind if you can assist me.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Hunbbel Meer

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Hunbbel,

Firstly, welcome to the Payoneer forums. We're glad to have you here :)

As you mentioned, Elance requires that you use their branded card, and will not allow you to connect your Elance account to a Payoneer card not issued via Elance.

You can, however, link an oDesk account to a Payoneer card issued by Elance.

I do not suggest signing up via Elance if you do not plan on having an active Elance account. If you plan on getting your payments via oDesk, you should apply via oDesk.

If, however, you have a Payoneer card issued via Elance, you can connect your oDesk account to the card and begin receiving payments via oDesk. Any account fees will be deducted from those payments, and you can of course begin using the card once you have an available balance.

If you have any further questions, please feel free.

Thanks,
  • Hunbbel MeerHunbbel Meer Member Posts: 7
    Hello Nissim, thank you for your prompt reply.

1. I do intend to have an active account on Elance. It is just that I do not have the time available to take up any projects right now.

2. You have almost cleared the confusion. Thank you very much for that :) Now I think I should apply for the card asap. It would be very kind if you can please answer the 1st question again, which is, "will Elance let me apply for the card right now? I am asking because I haven't done any project there so far?"

So for the sake of clarification. I should apply for the card via Elance, and once I receive the card, I can activate it via oDesk and the payments will be deducted from there? It's great! :) Thank you so much :)

Kind regards,
    Hunbbel Meer
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Nissim, thank you for your prompt reply.

1. I do intend to have an active account on Elance. It is just that I do not have the time available to take up any projects right now.

2. You have almost cleared the confusion. Thank you very much for that :) Now I think I should apply for the card asap. It would be very kind if you can please answer the 1st question again, which is, "will Elance let me apply for the card right now? I am asking because I haven't done any project there so far?"

So for the sake of clarification. I should apply for the card via Elance, and once I receive the card, I can activate it via oDesk and the payments will be deducted from there? It's great! :) Thank you so much :)

Kind regards,
    Hunbbel Meer

You need to contact Elance for questions in regards to their requirements. They will be able to tell you if they have any requirements that you must fulfill before applying for a Payoneer card.