Activating & Funding Debit Cards Via A Mobile Device?

I am exploring a business idea for insurance claim “on-the-spot” initial settlements between an insurance claim adjustor and the insured individual (i.e. a homeowner who had their roof damaged as a result of a hurricane).

Does Payoneer offer any type of solution that would meet this high-level scenario?:

[*]Insurance claim adjustor visits the insured’s damaged home
[*]Insurance claim adjustor determines that the house is inhabitable until roof repairs are completed
[*]The insurance policy covers relocation expenses such as a hotel stay for the home’s occupants. The insurance claim adjustor calculates that the hotel stay for the homeowner will be at least 4 days.
[*]Estimating that the hotel nightly rate is $150/night, the adjustor takes out a blank Mastercard, punches in $600 into the app on his iPhone, adds in $200 for incidentals, and then scans the blank Visa card to load $800 on it, and hands the card to the homeowner
[*]Benefit: The insured (homeowner) has in effect a pre-paid Mastercard worth $800 in his or her hands IMMEDIATELY, without having to deposit a bank check and wait for funds to clear.
[*]Benefit: The insurance claims adjustor can set the value and activate the card only via the app on his iPhone – this avoids the need to carry around a stack of pre-paid debit cards, which could easily get lost or stolen,

I wasn’t sure where to turn, until an inquiry on Quora pointed me to Payoneer. Is this in your arsenal of current / future services?

Thank you.

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭
    EdOMalley wrote:

I am exploring a business idea for insurance claim “on-the-spot” initial settlements between an insurance claim adjustor and the insured individual (i.e. a homeowner who had their roof damaged as a result of a hurricane).

Does Payoneer offer any type of solution that would meet this high-level scenario?:

[*]Insurance claim adjustor visits the insured’s damaged home
    [*]Insurance claim adjustor determines that the house is inhabitable until roof repairs are completed
    [*]The insurance policy covers relocation expenses such as a hotel stay for the home’s occupants. The insurance claim adjustor calculates that the hotel stay for the homeowner will be at least 4 days.
    [*]Estimating that the hotel nightly rate is $150/night, the adjustor takes out a blank Mastercard, punches in $600 into the app on his iPhone, adds in $200 for incidentals, and then scans the blank Visa card to load $800 on it, and hands the card to the homeowner
    [*]Benefit: The insured (homeowner) has in effect a pre-paid Mastercard worth $800 in his or her hands IMMEDIATELY, without having to deposit a bank check and wait for funds to clear.
    [*]Benefit: The insurance claims adjustor can set the value and activate the card only via the app on his iPhone – this avoids the need to carry around a stack of pre-paid debit cards, which could easily get lost or stolen,

I wasn’t sure where to turn, until an inquiry on Quora pointed me to Payoneer. Is this in your arsenal of current / future services?

Thank you.

Hello Sir,

Let me look into this, I am not totally sure if this is something we can offer.

I will get back to you.

Thanks

• EdOMalleyEdOMalley Member Posts: 2
    David wrote:

Hello Sir,

Let me look into this, I am not totally sure if this is something we can offer.

I will get back to you.

Thanks

Thank you. I look forward to hearing back from you.
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    EdOMalley wrote:

Thank you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hello Ed,

I spoke to our VP of Sales and we do offer this service (in fact we currently have it operational with a large company).

I am going to give you an introduction through email.

Good Luck.