Alert - Phising Attempt!

NissimNissim Head of CommunityPosts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Ask The Community
Important - Please read
We've been alerted to an e-mail phishing attempt sent to some Payoneer account holders, claiming to be from Payoneer. DO NOT reply to this message!

For more information on how to prevent phishing and identity theft, read our post on the Payoneer Blog: http://blog.payoneer.com/how-to-prevent-phishing-and-identity-theft/

Please remember that all Payoneer e-mails are sent from official accounts @payoneer.com. As you can see in the phishing attempt below, this is a non-Payoneer and unauthorized e-mail.

156s27r.png
Nissim
Director of Community at Payoneer

Comments

• TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Nissim wrote:

We've been alerted to an e-mail phishing attempt sent to some Payoneer account holders, claiming to be from Payoneer. DO NOT reply to this message!

For more information on how to prevent phishing and identity theft, read our post on the Payoneer Blog: http://blog.payoneer.com/?p=34

Please remember that all Payoneer e-mails are sent from official accounts @payoneer.com. As you can see in the phishing attempt below, this is a non-Payoneer and unauthorized e-mail.

156s27r.png

Update!

There is another phishing email going around today requesting that you click a link to change your info and verify your information. We will never send you an email with a link to change your information. This email, as previous ones, had a link that did not connect to Payoneer.com. As we have previously mentioned, always log in to your My Account by going to Payoneer.com and clicking on MyAccount on the right.

If you are ever unsure about whether or not an email originated with us, please contact our support team.

Your help in uncovering these phishing attempts helps your fellow Payoneer cardholders keep their accounts safe.
    Talia
  • Nauman SaeedNauman Saeed Posts: 21Member
    Thanks for Updating :)
    Graphic Designer & Web Developer - www.NaumanSaeed.com
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We've received reports of additional phishing attempts, requesting that you upload a copy of your ID in order to keep your Payoneer account active.

The e-mails link to a site that is not payoneer.com, and also request that you enter your full Payoneer card number.

Note: Payoneer will never send you automated e-mails asking for your card number, and all sites will link to our official web page (payoneer.com). If you are even unsure if an e-mail or link is valid, please contact us immediately at http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    Nissim wrote:

We've received reports of additional phishing attempts, requesting that you upload a copy of your ID in order to keep your Payoneer account active.

The e-mails link to a site that is not payoneer.com, and also request that you enter your full Payoneer card number.

Note: Payoneer will never send you automated e-mails asking for your card number, and all sites will link to our official web page (payoneer.com). If you are even unsure if an e-mail or link is valid, please contact us immediately at http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx

Hi,

We have received reports of additional fraudulent activity of a company posing as a Payoneer subsidiary.

Please note that this company has no affiliation with Payoneer http://www.pplregister.com/ !

• JesamJesam Posts: 55VIP Member ✭✭
    Me da pena, ver gente aprovechada que quiere engañar a la gente... :/
    A si que todos los que usamos payoneer estamos enterados... muchos exitos.

- Jesam Torres.
    Payoneer te cambia la vida - Ya no tienes restricciones a la hora de cobrar tus ingresos en Internet, gracias Payoneer.
    2e0k0uv.png
  • gjivangjivan Posts: 6Member
    edited December 2012
    Some methods to determine phising scam.
    1) Always look for @payoneer.com before clicking link in your emails.
    2) Always look payoneer.com when accessing your account like myaccount.payoneer.com.
    3) Never give your confidential details to anyone, if you need email [email protected]
    4) David, Nissim are always there to help in this forum as well as other various communities and forums. So, they can help anytime.
  • hassanehassane Posts: 30Member ✭✭
    Thank you all
  • urockltdurockltd Posts: 2Member
    I never got this type of email because :
    • My payoneer login email is completely private
    • i dont share this email with anyone
    • when i get email saying You have received money i always checked the link its payouts.payoneer.com/xxxx

im writting all this just to help and protect all my payonner friends.
    i hope these small steps will protect you.

Thank you Payoneer for being so active and helpful to everyone
    Sincerely
    Urockltd
  • abdelhafiddabdelhafidd Posts: 4Member
    Hello freinds ,

Yes Thanks for the shares , well i see and i understand what happens with this problem
    and the best way for me is 1 thing and it's an email coming from payonner is so clear i mean
    if the sender is payonner , it's really a world that we should pay very close attention to those
    people attacking real people with phishing in an attempt to take em down , well if we stay
    united and /warned -alerted / noone of those can thrill us , instead we will laugh at em each time
    we discover it's a scam and a scam is shinning telling you from it's header " i was sent by a scammer hhhh"