Paypal Verifcation Declined?

daprof
daprof Member Posts: 2
Hi, I am trying to register with paypal using my payoneer card for verification which is being declined by the payoneer system according to Paypal. I contacted paypal and they stated that the problem exists with payoneer card not allowing transaction.

In my account there is a "Pre Authorize Transactions List" charge of 1.02 from paypal four days ago which means that charge is not being approved?

I have tried using the card to verify paypal account but does not seem to work.

Paypal Response:
Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Angela. I am sorry to hear about this situation, and understand your frustration and concern regarding verification of your card. We have not been able to charge the confirmation amount of the $20.00MXN that would have the code. The $1.00USD you see is only and authorization put the other amount your bank is declining. Please contact your bank to find out why they are not approving the $20.00MXN charge that we are attempting to make to confirm the card. Sincerely, Angela

Comments

• Nissim
    Nissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Welcome to our forum, and thanks for contacting us.

I've checked your transaction history, and see multiple pre-authorization charges from PayPal that have not been processed, and allowed to expire. I can't comment on the reply given to you by PayPal, however Payoneer has not declined any attempts to charge your card (as you can see with other pre-authorizations and successful charge attempts made to your card).

This seems to be a technical issue with the merchant (PayPal) as we have not declined the charges. The current pre-authorization charge you see is one approved by Payoneer on March 11 that has yet to expire.
  • daprof
    daprof Member Posts: 2
    Nissim wrote:

Hi,

Welcome to our forum, and thanks for contacting us.

I've checked your transaction history, and see multiple pre-authorization charges from PayPal that have not been processed, and allowed to expire. I can't comment on the reply given to you by PayPal, however Payoneer has not declined any attempts to charge your card (as you can see with other pre-authorizations and successful charge attempts made to your card).

This seems to be a technical issue with the merchant (PayPal) as we have not declined the charges. The current pre-authorization charge you see is one approved by Payoneer on March 11 that has yet to expire.

He says. she says...

I understand that you are concern about the verification process for your credit card. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused you. I have checked your account and I see that you tried to initiate the verification process sevral times. However, records shows that each time that you are trying to verify your card, the charge for $20.00 MXN is being declined by your card issuer.

Here are some of the reasons why your card issuer may not authorize the temporary charge:

The card issuer might be having technical problems that prevent us from requesting the authorization.
    The card issuer, as part of its own fraud prevention measures, might block the transaction because it doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns.
    Your card may not support online payments.
    You might have exceeded the limit on your card.
    I'd encourage you to contact your credit card company/issuing bank directly to get to the bottom of this, as i don't have the visibility into the details of the denial. For right now, I'd like to help you complete this transaction. My recommendation would be to add another card to your PayPal account, if you have one available.

Guess I should just give up trying to use payoneer system for paypal.. Thanks anyway!
  • Nissim
    Nissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    daprof wrote:

He says. she says...

I cannot speak on behalf of the merchant, however I can check Payoneer's system and confirm that there were no declined charges. I know that isn't what you want to hear, however there is simply nothing I can do in this case as I have checked numerous times and we did not receive any charge attempts from the merchant (just the pre-authorization charges, which we have approved).

We've approved the authorization, we didn't block any transactions (certainly not because of "spending patterns"), the card definitely supports online payments (as you've seen with other merchants), and you have not exceeded your spending limit (which is $2,500.00 per day for purchases and an additional $2,500.00 per day for cash withdrawals).

If there are any records or details that we can provide to resolve the issue, we would be more than happy to provide them.
  • AntonI
    AntonI Member Posts: 1
    Same happened with my Payoneer card and PayPal. Guess its more common then it seems.