Transaction Holds In Pre Authorize Transactions and Not Returning

tanzilkhantanzilkhan Posts: 4Member

I did a payment at Texas Tech University. But the payment did not proceed. I found that university has cancelled the payment transaction. Now My balance is still in Pre Authorized list. I also submitted a ticket ( LTK481071533378X ) and got no reply. There were two transactions I made at the university payment system and both of them were cancelled. But its been five days and the balance is still in the pre authorize transaction list. When those payments will be returned to my account? What is the problem?

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭

Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

Please note that pre-authorization transactions can take up to 7 business days to return to your account.

• heberthheberth Posts: 3Member

Hello,

I made a mistake with my billing address and my purchase did not go through. I talked to the merchant immediately and he said he couldn't see the transaction on his side. It made sense because the card was declined.

So I logged into my payoneer account and saw the pre authorization charge. The merchant told me to contact you to release the amount so I can purchase again with my proper billing address. The amount was 522 plus the 1% fee for payoneer total: 527.73.

The merchant has no way of cancelling the order because He did not receive anything. I'm affraid the hold can be there too much time because of it. Is it cancelled automatically after seven days or I have to do anything? Is there a way to make it faster?

Thanks,

Heberth

• MelisaMelisa Community Manager Posts: 1,749Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi! This pre authorization will be cancelled automatically withing 7 business days,

However, please note that we can manually assit you to cancel this pre authorization with a letter from the merchant stating they will not charge this transaction and explaining why. This document should also include the following:

• Partial card number (for security reasons, please replace with **** **** the middle 8 digits of the card number)
    • Dollar amount
    • Authorization Code
    • Merchant ID
    • Date of Authorization

Please contact Customer Support once you have this document so they can help you cancel it.

Melisa

Payoneer Director of Community 

• morehappinessmorehappiness Posts: 2Member

Hi, Melisa

My purchase over the internet in China yesterday is failed. Could you please help me to cancel the pre authorization?

morehappiness wrote on June 27 2013, 7:43 AM: »

Hi, Melisa

My purchase over the internet in China yesterday is failed. Could you please help me to cancel the pre authorization?

Hi! You can request to cancel a transaction in pre authorization status by contacting Customer Support with a document from the merchant stating they will not charge the pending purchase and included the info I included in my answer above.

Melisa

• morehappinessmorehappiness Posts: 2Member

Now the amount of money is transferred from Pre Authorize Transactions List to Transactions List. I do not get it. Why it still deduct the money even if the purchase is failed.

I have sent an email from the link you provided, but get no answer yet.

Hi! Please note that if the transaction appears on the transaction list, the merchant has finally charged the purchase.

Unfortunately we cannot further assist you with this issue on our forum. For further information, please await until our Customer Support team replies to your email.

Melisa

• CokaLokaCokaLoka Posts: 1Member
    edited December 2015
    My "Pre-Auth Transaction-POS Signature Purchase International" (dated 11/27/2015) amount is still not released and it is in the Pending authorization section since then. When this amount will be released and why it is not automatically released after 7 days?
  • CokaLokaCokaLoka Posts: 1Member
    My "Pre-Auth Transaction-POS Signature Purchase International" (dated 11/27/2015) amount is still not released and it is in the Pending authorization section since then. When this amount will be released and why it is not automatically released after 7 days?
  • FranckHFranckH Posts: 9Member
    @Manolete; @Melisa
    What if the merchant has sent back the money (credit the account with the same amount)?
    Why the outstanding authorization is still not "released"?
    More than 7 business days now i'm waiting for the Pre Authorisation to be cleared.
    The bank has sent back the money on my account, isn't this enough as proof that they won't charge ?
  • SivanSivan Posts: 642Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @FranckH- I advised you on the different thread about the same topic to contact our customer care team- they will be able to review and help you out.

• MrAliImranMrAliImran Posts: 1Member
    I was purchasing an item of 30$ from a store. I was having 59$ in account. I did the payment but payment not proceed, so Store cancel my order. I check the payoneer account they put 30$ in pre-authorization list. Now i can't buy the item, and have to wait for one week. seriously!
  • Yarden_PayoneerYarden_Payoneer Posts: 92Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a way to get the funds released before the expiration. You can contact Payoneer's support center and ask for the release form.
    Happy and willing to answer general questions.
    For any inquires directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.
  • hamza293hamza293 Posts: 2Member
    Yarden_Payoneer
    can you please tell me how to get the release form
  • hamza293hamza293 Posts: 2Member
    i need the money today its very important can please some one tell me how to get it back in an instant