Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

Can't withdraw from ATM in Tunisia anymore?

Rihab
Rihab Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Hello,an unusual thing happened this time when I tried to cashout from my payoneer card through a local ATM. When I put my card in atm machine,the screen of ATM rejects my card automatically. I tried withdrawing from 5 different banks at different times but the same happens.

When I talked to bank officials they said,to contact my card issuer i.e, Payoneer as I was never able to withdraw. I have two friends who are suffering from the same problem (cannot withdraw from card although funds are more than enough) in Tunisia . So,please solve my issue as it never happened before this time and I always withdrew from the card easily.

Facts to take into account:
-I have more than enough funds
-Card is still new and expiration date is still next year
-Card is physically fine

Is payoneer still dealing with Tunisian merchants?

Thank you very much in advance please help me!

Answers

• Rihab
    Update: card still not working. I tried to purchase from Aliexpreass but the money was held under "pending authorization" and never went through either? I have more than enough funds.
    Please anyone explain why my card is frozen? I've already ordered a new card in case this one is damaged but I'm afraid the same will continue happening.
  • Rihab
    edited October 2017
    Customer ID 10253979
  • Adam_Payoneer
    Adam_Payoneer Administrator Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rihab,

There are various reasons why a card may be rejected, which is why contacting Payoneer support to review your latest transaction attempts is the best course of action in your particular situation.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

• AbdelKader7
    AbdelKader7 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,
    I've been having the same problem as Rihab, along with another friend too, as both of us failed to withdraw any funds from different ATMs. So this shouldn't be a problem with her card in particular, but probably with the service availability in Tunisia.
  • Rihab
    I'm still waiting for the new card. But all payoneer cards DO NOT work anymore in Tunisia. I've contacted many support assistans but that onlt cost me more wasted money on nothing... I'm very very disapointed with the service and my work is just collapsing because of this.
    Why not make an official statement that payoneer is not working in Tunisia anymorw?
  • Adam_Payoneer

I haven't heard anything about the Tunisia issue you mentioned but I will be sure to keep my eye out for it.
    Once thing I can assure you is that the cards are accepted by your local ATM's. It's possible that the issue may be related to a specific bank (which is extremely rare), in which case you can try to use another banks ATM station to withdraw your funds in cash.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

• Rihab
    Thank you for your reply Adam. i can assure you it's a problem with all ATM in different cities. So please make sure to investigate the issue in Tunisia. I can confirm that 3 other people I have contacted separately are having the same problem and many of us starting to purchase new bank prepaid cards. I really personally love payoneer I hope this issue gets solved soon.

My best regards
  • Rihab
    The problem still presists with no help at all from payoneer why?
    We are currently a group of 3000 Payoneer user here in Tunisia and have all tried withdrawing our money using the card but payoneer keeps rejecting the operation!
    Our Tunisian Central Bank made a statement that the issue is in Payoneer and that the Tunisian banks still deal with MasterCards.

Please find us a solution soon!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,147

@Rihab We are currently experiencing a technical issue with ATMs located in Tunisia. This issue is under review with our IT department but in the meanwhile, please contact our Support Center in order to have them assist you and order a new card.

• wal17
    wal17 Member Posts: 1
    i had the same problem with ATM,i ordered new card and i am waiting for it, did the technical issue is resolved or not yet??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 179

In order for Payoneer to further look into this matter, contact Payoneer Support by clicking here.

• AmineAKHE
    AmineAKHE Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

Any news about this technical issue? Did you manage to withdraw funds using the new card?
  • [Deleted User]

@AmineAKHE Hi! this issue is still under investigation, however, in case you cannot withdraw from the ATM, there is an alternative solution. For that, you need to submit your request to our Support Center.

• Yosss
    Yosss Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    Same problem here , Please anyone of you find a solution ?
    or another way to withdraw?
    There is a solution to receive my money through western union?
    I tried to contact the Support Center. but they still making verifying and they ask me for the information the bank which I used last time.
    each weekend , I tried diffirent ATM but no solution , even to send a transfer via bank , I think it's not a good idea , I cant know even how , there is now "withdraw" in my account of Payooner.
    Please anyone can just answer me for some questions!
    Thank you
  • AmalMrissa
    AmalMrissa Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    How unfortunate! I was just about to find a way to transfer money from PayPal to Payoneer but I just figured out it won't be of use. Can you still purchase things online, though?
  • Adam_Payoneer
    edited November 2017

Hi everyone,

This thread is causing some confusion so I would like to clear this up.

Several of the users I talked to experienced the issue with a specific ATM/bank branch. In most cases going to another ATM station solved the problem. If your normal go to ATM is causing you trouble, please try to withdraw the funds from at least two other ATM stations. On at least one of the other tries, please make sure to use a different bank operators ATM.

If you are experiencing this issue with a specific ATM station, please mention it in the form so everyone can compare note and get to the bottom of this issue.

For the rare few who are unable to use the card at any ATM or bank, please contact Payoneer support so they are made aware of your issue.

• Adam_Payoneer

@AmalMrissa said:
    How unfortunate! I was just about to find a way to transfer money from PayPal to Payoneer but I just figured out it won't be of use. Can you still purchase things online, though?

You can still use the card to make purchases. If you are truly experiencing an issue as mentioned in my general comment above, you might be able to withdraw the money directly from a bank teller.

Go to your bank and ask the teller if they perform cash-disbursements, basically and ATM withdrawal but with the bank teller. Most banks in the United States and Europe have this function in the banks for cash withdrawal person and not through an automated machine.

This is an ideal solution for those who have a damaged card.

• AmalMrissa
    AmalMrissa Member Posts: 2
    I have one last question.
    Some websites require "Mastercard" for payment.
    can Payoneer be used as Mastercard?
  • [Deleted User]

Yes, our debit card is a Mastercard and it can be used online, in points of sales and at the ATM everywhere where MasterCard is accepted.

• Yosss
    Yosss Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    I have a good news , I use the new MasterCard and no problem , I cashout from my payoneer card through a local ATM.
    Thanks
  • BnhFedi
    BnhFedi Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I have the same problem NOW. i can't withdraw my money FROM ANY ATM, i used many ones, but without any help.
  • [Deleted User]

@BnhFedi First, make sure you have available funds on your card, if you do, make sure you are using the correct PIN code. In case the PIN code is incorrect you have the option to reset it by contacting our support via Chat or by phone (1-646-658-3695).

If it is still not working, try to make an online purchase or in a point of sale. If it works, then the card is not damaged but it would be better to contact the support in order for our representatives to verify the details and resolve that issue.

• hazri
    hazri Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2018
    Hello,
    I issued the same problem on 9 October 2017 and try to withdraw from different ATM from different banks. In the transactions activity I see a transaction with 1$ but the ATM doesn't give me the money.

since this day I didn't try to withdraw from ATM. Does the problem persist or no. Thanks
  • [Deleted User]

Hi @hazri, it can happen because of many reasons, in order to avoid this, make sure the card is not expired, you have enough funds to cover the amount of the transaction, and that the Pin code you are using is correct.

• hazri
    Hi,
    I verify all : expiration date, funds that cover the amount of the transaction and for the PIN code if it was wrong I wouldn't be able to access. Yesterday Account Approval Department ask me to provide my Government Card ID photo, I send a copy to them and hopefully I will be able to withdraw because it become frustrating for me if I work hard and after don't become able to withdraw my funds or if it become not able to use the Payoneer card here in Tunisia please tell us this.
  • [Deleted User]

It would be better to contact the support in order for a representative to check the details and better assist.

• tammy2017
    tammy2017 Member Posts: 1
    I dont think the probleme in your card...I have paypal wich is mastercard it did not work the most of atms my visa card too but finally the only atm that worked good and gave the better rate exchange with cheap fees was UBCI the other s none of them worked
  • hazri
    Hello,
    I would like to inform you that when I get my new card (after the old one expire) all is fine and the new card allows me to withdraw money from ATM.
    Thanks Payoneer.
  • yahya950
    yahya950 Member Posts: 1
    is payoneer stil working in tunisia ?
  • KazPayoneer
    KazPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, we are!

• abdelhamidannabi
    abdelhamidannabi Member Posts: 2
    Hello !
    I would like to know if shipping a new card is still possible in Tunisia and if withdrawal is still active for our country .
    Kind regards ,
  • KazPayoneer
    KazPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

We still ship cards and offer withdrawal in Tunisia.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.