Amazon & Payoneer... Does It Work?

CukiCuki Member Posts: 3
Hello!

I am a Mexican citizen, living in Mexico, and I am interested in selling on Amazon. For international sellers, Amazon requires a U.S. bank account, but since I am NOT an U.S. resident I believe that this would be almost impossible for me to obtain.

I found on the the Internet that Payoneer offers the alternative of a "virtual" U.S. account linked to the Payoneer Debit Card, is that true?

Also, do you know if this "virtual" U.S. account is accepted by Amazon as a valid U.S. bank account, as it is stated in a webpage advertising this?

How long has this virtual U.S. account program been in place? Is it legal? Where can I get more information about it?

If anyone here has been using this feature with Amazon I would love to hear your opinion.

Thank You!

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭
    Cuki wrote:

Hello!

I am a Mexican citizen, living in Mexico, and I am interested in selling on Amazon. For international sellers, Amazon requires a U.S. bank account, but since I am NOT an U.S. resident I believe that this would be almost impossible for me to obtain.

I found on the the Internet that Payoneer offers the alternative of a "virtual" U.S. account linked to the Payoneer Debit Card, is that true?

Also, do you know if this "virtual" U.S. account is accepted by Amazon as a valid U.S. bank account, as it is stated in a webpage advertising this?

How long has this virtual U.S. account program been in place? Is it legal? Where can I get more information about it?

If anyone here has been using this feature with Amazon I would love to hear your opinion.

Thank You!

Hi,

Allow me to assure you that our US Payment Service is totally legal. As a company we adhere to the highest online payment standards including: KYC (Know Your Customer), BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).

You can learn more about Payoneer and our US Payment Service here.

• CukiCuki Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for your response, however, you haven´t yet confirmed what is the modality that works to receive payments from Amazon. I know that your webpage says that this is possible but I have found several users in the forums mentioning that they have difficulties, so, please provide details about what exactly should be done to achieve this for INTERNATIONAL (NON-US) USERS.

On the other hand, in the webpage describing the fees it would seem that Payoneer only charges fees for WITHDRAWALS from the debit card and for the annual maintenance of the account... is this correct? I think that I saw somewhere that there are also fees applicable when someone LOADS or makes a DEPOSIT OR PAYMENT into the card, and that there are limits for such payments, can you please clarify this? Does this mean that every time that Amazon makes a payment on my behalf, Payoneer will charge a fee, and that there is a maximum limit for such payments? Is it true that I must first authorize such payments each time?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭
    Cuki wrote:

Thank you very much for your response, however, you haven´t yet confirmed what is the modality that works to receive payments from Amazon. I know that your webpage says that this is possible but I have found several users in the forums mentioning that they have difficulties, so, please provide details about what exactly should be done to achieve this for INTERNATIONAL (NON-US) USERS.

On the other hand, in the webpage describing the fees it would seem that Payoneer only charges fees for WITHDRAWALS from the debit card and for the annual maintenance of the account... is this correct? I think that I saw somewhere that there are also fees applicable when someone LOADS or makes a DEPOSIT OR PAYMENT into the card, and that there are limits for such payments, can you please clarify this? Does this mean that every time that Amazon makes a payment on my behalf, Payoneer will charge a fee, and that there is a maximum limit for such payments? Is it true that I must first authorize such payments each time?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

You should sign up for an Amazon account (if you have not already) and use the US Payment Service information we provided you as your payment details.

There is a 1% fee for when you use the US Payment Service to withdraw money from the card. The other thing you are asking about is our private load option, you can read about how that works on our site.

There is no limit to how much you can receive via the US Payment Service. You withdraw money from Amazon to your Payoneer account and the 1% fee is charged. You do not need to authorize the payment each time.