USD unavailable, "Make a Payment" service

elgerenteelgerente Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Ask The Community
Hello guys,

I live in Europe but my European country is not a member of the EU. My 2 most-long-lasting clients can no longer send me USD payments by using the "Make a Payment" service, which happens for the first time ever in years, and it happens since I activated my newly received card issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd. Only EUR/GBP is available. One of them has a "US-based" payoneer account, and the other one in Bulgaria (EU-country). So is this a localized issue or a new "feature" ?

Thank you in advance for any clarification,
Customer ID 2069957

Comments

• elgerenteelgerente Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    For these 2 I don't have the exact details because one emigrated to Bulgaria and the other one works/lives both here and in the US, it's not appropriate to ask personal questions regarding the specifics of their accounts, which nationality was chosen, etc. From time to time someone from another country pays me for my services and this weird issue would probably pop-out many times in the future, actively preventing me to do business via Payoneer because of the extra conversion fees (his, and later mine) or because (for an example) the EUR balance and withdrawing those funds would require a separately issued Mastercard, and so on and so on. Headache. As a test I tried to send a payment to the 'Bulgarian' and I too was allowed to pick only EUR or GBP. Which is bad because most of the freelance websites out there work with USD (only), you know that better than me.

In the past 5 years I've received cca $40K from Seoclerks and Fiverr (I'm still active, still earning for a living there), and of course from my precious clients with whom I do business directly. So if by any chance there are some news on this topic please be kind enough to enlighten me. I love Payoneer with all my heart because only thanks to Payoneer I'm able to get my earned money for 5+ years already (my European country is one of the 4 ones that still have only the Send option on Paypal, but even without that, Payoneer is a better less-costly alternative for me), but if all the converting from USD to EUR then back to USD on my side takes additional 3, 5, 10%... that would hurt just enough to try to do business by using other means than Payoneer.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Dear Dan, allow me to rephrase my question:

Why am I no longer allowed to receive USD payments by other Payoneer users when they're using the "Make a Payment" option?
    The Payers get the following error: "Your recipient can't receive payments in the selected currency" (selected is USD)

Invoicing platforms... I honestly have no idea what that service is all about (invoices in my country work in a specific way...). but I can see this would be the link you would've provided - blog.payoneer.com/how-to/get-paid/payoneer-integrated-payments-platform-live/

I can see it's related to the "Request a Payment" option. I've used that option 6 months ago when a client had to pay me with his 'regular' Credit card. Not sure where in the process and how those 4 invoicing partners add up to the story. But unless things have changed since the time when Private Load existed, one of us should pay 3.75% of the amount sent, unlike the 0% when using the "Make a Payment option". That changes things dramatically because the total fees on my side rise up to 6.75% of the amount that's sent to me. Same goes if the clients pay me as usual but by sending me EUR. That most probably means more fees for them, and for me.

Your thoughts please ?
    edited June 2018
    The last time when there was an issue (payment stuck on pending for many days) I contacted the guys at the FB page which were kind enough to resend it to the Support agents which solved the issue almost immediately. I did write to them yesterday right before I post here, but since it's weekend I presumed I'll get a response on Monday. Google was of no help, hence my post here because I was cornered by the issue and needed some response fast, chances were someone knows / have read why that happens. Wasn't sure what "access-level" some of you might have, that's why in my initial reply I wrote my Payoneer ID as well.

My opinion is based on what I and others can see. I can't receive USD payments from 2 persons, I can't send USD payments to those 2 persons. Something has been changed on Payoneer (I won't make any assumptions why) and it would be logical and fair to know what has changed, regardless of the reasons why. I know one potential logical satisfactory answer, and if that turns out to be the case then Payoneer would probably no longer be an option for payments from private clients. I was hoping for the implementation of some "new rules", just so I can see what kind of new combination I could make to reach the previous levels of awesomeness of the Payoneer services.

Thank you so much so far, I'll contact the Support agents directly now.
    edited June 2018
    UPDATE:

Question sent to Support. Ticket marked as Solved without any answer. Any thoughts ?

@Dan_Payoneer I asked my foreign "Bulgarian" client, his Payoneer card is 100% "domestic", meaning everything in it is connected to the country where I live i.e. where he lived, and has nothing Bulgarian in it.

Screenshot of the ticket - i.imgur.com/ODH8o6X.png

----------

Here's one alternative solution just done differently - The "Request a Payment" option for which I can read it can be used in such a way that the client who needs to pay can pay with his Payoneer card with 0 fees. Kindly confirm the scenario below is correct.

- Billing Service: The Billing Service is open to all users from the following countries..... I'm a citizen of one of those countries.

- Paying will be done via: Payoneer Balance. Worldwide, USD / EUR / GBP, 0 fee. 0 fees = same as if the client is the one initiating the transfer via "Make a Payment".

Source:
    payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12280
    edited June 2018
    Update:

So to make things clear, none of my clients whose payoneer cards are "connected" with an address in our country, can send me USD payments anymore with the usual 0 fees, nor I can send them USD payments. All of our accounts receive USD incoming transactions from freelance websites but none of us can send USD to the other person. In other words, Payoneer forces us to make costs based on exchange rates + costs for issuing additional card in the other currency or using their conversion service.

Also, I'm using the Payoneer card to make payments via Paypal, and for the first time ever I wasn't able/allowed to send USD to an American-based Paypal account, sending $1 via paypal meant taking 0.80 GBP from my Payoneer card (even though USD is the only currency I use on Payoneer), and guess what - the charge on Payoneer (the charge on my USD balance of course) was exactly $2.09. I wonder what will happen if I send $100 to someone, perhaps $209 will be deducted.

Anyway, I'm not pleased with the new changes on your side. It seems I'll have to start using other, cheaper and more reliable, payment methods.
    And also "thanks" to the Support Agent who closed my ticket without answering it - i.imgur.com/ODH8o6X.png
  • MSchiavonMSchiavon Member Posts: 7
    Hey there, were you able to solve this? I'm having the same issue about missing USD currency for the payment request. I'm about to lose my biggest client just because Payoneer just messed that up.
    > @MSchiavon said:
    > Hey there, were you able to solve this? I'm having the same issue about missing USD currency for the payment request. I'm about to lose my biggest client just because Payoneer just messed that up.

Atm if I use the "Request a payment" option I'm able to choose USD, and my clients are able to pay with USD. The only difference is now I get charged 3%.
    > @elgerente said:
    > > @MSchiavon said:
    > > Hey there, were you able to solve this? I'm having the same issue about missing USD currency for the payment request. I'm about to lose my biggest client just because Payoneer just messed that up.
    >
    > Atm if I use the "Request a payment" option I'm able to choose USD, and my clients are able to pay with USD. The only difference is now I get charged 3%.

Awesome so there is hope! and how did you manage to solve that? if I may ask
    > @MSchiavon said:
    > Awesome so there is hope! and how did you manage to solve that? if I may ask

Many things have changed.... But from what I can remember (and read from my previous reply), in the past there was this "Make a payment" option which my clients used to send me money. Instead, I now send them a payment request (in USD) first and they later pay it, I get 3% deducted of the amount.
    > @elgerente said:
    > > @MSchiavon said:
    > > Awesome so there is hope! and how did you manage to solve that? if I may ask
    >
    > Many things have changed.... But from what I can remember (and read from my previous reply), in the past there was this "Make a payment" option which my clients used to send me money. Instead, I now send them a payment request (in USD) first and they later pay it, I get 3% deducted of the amount.

Yeap, well that's just not working for me. I could send Payment Requests in EUR and got paid all OK but not in USD. Ok thanks for your time. Seems I will have to contact support
    > @MSchiavon said:

> Yeap, well that's just not working for me. I could send Payment Requests in EUR and got paid all OK but not in USD. Ok thanks for your time. Seems I will have to contact support

If they can't help you, and I'm assuming you use Payoneer bcs you can't use the full Paypal service, I'd recommend xoom.com for your clients, it's a service made by Paypal but for some reason my country there IS allowed to receive funds (never fully tested it btw).
    Ok great! thanks for the tip I will definetely check that up
    edited February 2020
    I just ended a nightmare of a call with a support person named "Elsie" they didn't solve anything. It honestly seems like a Payoneer bug around the fact that the company I used to create my Payoneer account is no longer operational so USD for some mysterious reason is no longer available for me.
    They say that I'm not eligible for Request a Payment and I just got paid in EUR currency TODAY.
    I asked for other representative but the same rain of "sorry" "I can't" "not possible" wouldn't stop so there goes almost 2 hours of my life just to try and solve this. I checked Xoom and it does not work in Argentina for me like everything else in this country.
This discussion has been closed.