Request for documents: ID and Proof of Residence
When opening a Payoneer account, you might need to provide documents for the account verification. This process happens because as a regulated US company and online service, Payoneer must comply with the rules and regulations imposed by the US government, MasterCard®, and our banks. In doing so, Payoneer account holders may be required to submit specific documentation that will assist us in ensuring the safety and security of all transactions done via Payoneer.
The most common documents that we may request are Government-issued photo ID and Proof of Residence. This post will help you to understand which document we do accept and avoid delays with the document approval. Let’s go through each one of them!
Valid Government-issued photo ID
The acceptable forms of ID are driver's license, passport, or national ID. The documents may vary between countries. We have two country exceptions:
1) For Philippines citizens, we also accept the following documents:
- Voter's card
- Election card
- GSIS card
- Card version of the PhilHealth card (we don't accept the paper version with laminate plastic)
- PHL ID card ( not the old postal ID card)
- Professional Identification Card
- Social Security card
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID card
2) For Nigerian citizens, we can also accept the Voter's Card. But please have in mind that we can’t accept the NIN Slip (National Identity Management System) as an official government-issued ID.
Proof of Residence
A Proof of Residence is a document confirming where you live and must have both your full name and your address printed on it. Acceptable forms of proof of residence are:
- A copy of a recent bank statement with your name, bank details, and your address (within the past 3 months),
- A residence permit card,
- Official government/ municipality documents,
- Rental agreement,
- A copy of a recent utility bill (within the past 3 months) that has your name and the address registered on your Payoneer account. Examples of utility bills we accept are gas, water, electric, phone, cable bill, etc. Unfortunately, we cannot accept mobile phone bills or visa, or stamps in your passport as proof of residence.
If you live with your parents and you share the same surname, you can provide an utility bill under one of your parent’s name.
If you are renting and do not have any utility bills under your name, please provide us with a copy of your rental agreement and a copy of a utility bill under the landlord****'s name.
Tips for taking a good picture of your documents!
Before sending a photo of your document, we recommend considering the following points:
- Take a picture of the document with your smartphone.
- Make sure the photo shows all four corners of the document and the image is full size.
- The image needs to be in high quality and must not be pixelated or distorted when the zoom is applied.
- The image must be a color copy of the original document
- It must not be cropped or altered in any way.
- The color of the document must be clearly distinguishable
- The image must be clear. We cannot approve dark images.
- Make sure the flash is not covering information on the document.
- The letters must be legible.
If you want to know more about how to send the documents and what to do when a Held ID is requested, please check the following articles: How Do I Send Documents?, Payoneer asked me to provide a photo of myself holding my ID , I was asked to provide documents. How can I send them? (For Payers) -
Once you send the document requested, the review process may take a few days. That is the normal timeframe, so do not worry! Our Approval Department will contact you once the review is done. If we need additional documents or information, you will be requested via email or on the Verification Center in your Payoneer account.
- 21.6K All Categories
- 2.6K Getting Started
- 8 Read Before Posting
- 2.5K Meet and Greet
- 15.9K Official Support Community
- 10 News and Announcements
- 1.9K Popular Questions and Tips
- 13.7K Ask The Community
- 127 Payoneer Mobile App
- 943 Industry Discussions
- 708 Freelancers
- 112 Affiliates
- 122 eCommerce and Online Selling
- 2.4K Local Communities
- 869 Payoneer in Bangladesh
- 366 Payoneer in India
- 1.1K Payoneer in Pakistan
- 12 Payoneer Mobilizers- Events and Meetups