Amazon And Peyoneer... How?

jeremyjajeremyja Posts: 7Member
I've just got approved for US payment service and I wanted to add it to my Amazon associates account, but reading their FAQs they strictly say:

Amazon Associates allows people to be paid by direct deposit to their nominated bank accounts if they AND their bank are based within the United States. At this time, the Amazon.com Associates Program is unable to offer direct deposit to International Associates or to banks located outside of the United States.

So non-US citizens aren't able to use direct deposit even with US payment service. Is that correct?
Any way around this?

Comments

• PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 2Member
    I checked Amazon's payment rules:

"Please note that you can change your threshold at any time but it must be submitted by the first day of the payment month to be effective. For example, if you would like to raise your threshold to $500, it must be entered by 3/1 to be effective for January earnings paid in March. If you change your threshold to $1000 on 3/15, if will be effective for February earnings paid in April."

How Can I Do?
    This mean I can not change payment this month now.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi,

This is discussing the threshold, not the payment method. Either way, like we mentioned earlier, we won't be changing the accounts today or anything, we were just giving you advance notice about the change that we will have.
    Talia
    Thanks, As long as the money of Amazon received this month is OK.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    It will be, and it shouldn't be a problem after that either. :-)
    Talia
  • MashaMasha Posts: 0Member
    Can I use Payoneer to receive a payment from AKDP?
    Hi
    I've done a search on this topic and managed to confuse myself even more!

I'm selling books on Amazon.com using their Amazon Kindle Direct service. Amazon dont pay EFT if you do not have an American bank account (I'm in South Africa).
    Is there a way I can use Payoneer to receive my Amazon.com Amazon Kindle Direct payments?

Sorry for the newby question! :)

Thanks
    Masha du Toit
  • DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    Masha wrote:

Hi
    I've done a search on this topic and managed to confuse myself even more!

I'm selling books on Amazon.com using their Amazon Kindle Direct service. Amazon dont pay EFT if you do not have an American bank account (I'm in South Africa).
    Is there a way I can use Payoneer to receive my Amazon.com Amazon Kindle Direct payments?

Sorry for the newby question! :)

Thanks
    Masha du Toit

Hey Masha,

Thank you for visiting our website.

You can use our US Payment Service to receive the payments from Amazon. Please PM me for further details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• James1234James1234 Posts: 1Member
    David wrote:

Hey Masha,

Thank you for visiting our website.

You can use our US Payment Service to receive the payments from Amazon. Please PM me for further details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi David,

I'm new to Payoneer and have pending funds from books i've sold via Kindle that I want to release to my Payoneer debit card. Can you please PM me with more details on how to do that?

Thanks in Advance! image' />
    JJ
    James1234 wrote:

Hi David,

I'm new to Payoneer and have pending funds from books i've sold via Kindle that I want to release to my Payoneer debit card. Can you please PM me with more details on how to do that?

Thanks in Advance! image' />
    JJ

Thanks for your interest, I will PM you with further details.

• Charles123Charles123 Posts: 0Member
    amazonpayments and payoneer
    Can I use Payoneer to receive a payment from amazonpayments?
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Charles,

Yes, our US Payment Service will allow you to receive US Direct Deposit transfers from Amazon directly to the Payoneer card. If you already have a Payoneer card, please PM me the e-mail address on your account and I will be happy to provide you with further details.

If you do not, you can apply for a card using this link: http://bit.ly/IfpVNT
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • artfansyartfansy Posts: 1Member
    Hi David!
    I'm new to Payoneer
    I will make a request by mail to obtain money from Amazon.
    Reference number: LTK529017610886X.
    When will the answer?
    artfansy wrote:

Hi David!
    I'm new to Payoneer
    I will make a request by mail to obtain money from Amazon.
    Reference number: LTK529017610886X.
    When will the answer?

Hey,

Thanks for coming and visiting our forums.

I have passed on your information to our approval department.

• citizencitizen Posts: 0Member
    Hi,

I read with interest about your US Payment service as an alternative to having a physical bank account in the US.
    For users like me who are based outside of the US, it can be virtually impossible to setup a regular banking account.

I am looking for a way to receive funds from Amazon Payments and your service looks like it might do the job.

I read on some other posts that it should work with Amazon but I wanted to know if you know of any Amazon accounts that have been successfully established and funded using your service. Is there anything in how the accounts are setup that would allow Amazon to block this in future?

Do you have any information about this service as I could not find it on the site other than in these forums.

I have had a Payoneer card for many years and this could be a great way to extend the relationship.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Alex
    citizen wrote:

Hi,

I read with interest about your US Payment service as an alternative to having a physical bank account in the US.
    For users like me who are based outside of the US, it can be virtually impossible to setup a regular banking account.

I am looking for a way to receive funds from Amazon Payments and your service looks like it might do the job.

I read on some other posts that it should work with Amazon but I wanted to know if you know of any Amazon accounts that have been successfully established and funded using your service. Is there anything in how the accounts are setup that would allow Amazon to block this in future?

Do you have any information about this service as I could not find it on the site other than in these forums.

I have had a Payoneer card for many years and this could be a great way to extend the relationship.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks for coming and visiting our forums.

You have heard right the US Payment Service allows for people to receive their Amazon payment to their Payoneer Card.

We have had many people successfully and happily use this service.

I am going to PM you with further details.

• mustyfxmustyfx Posts: 1Member
    Please I want to apply for your U.S. payment system. I fill the form for you customer support unique ticket number LTK529018662545X but still no reply. Pls help me.
    mustyfx wrote:

Please I want to apply for your U.S. payment system. I fill the form for you customer support unique ticket number LTK529018662545X but still no reply. Pls help me.

An e-mail with further details have been sent out to you. Please reply with the requested documents/information, and we will be able to continue in processing your US Payment Service application.
    Nissim
  • violazoneviolazone Posts: 1Member
    My ticket number LTK529018841609X, please help me to get card
    violazone wrote:

My ticket number LTK529018841609X, please help me to get card

Hey,

I have sent you a message with the questionnaire for the US Payment Service, please fill it out and respond to the email.

We look forward to hearing you.

• OleksandrOleksandr Posts: 3Member
    using US Virtual Bank with Amazon Payments
    Dear Payoneer Team,

I sent email to Payoneer Support four days ago, but still have no answer.
    I need help with Amazon Payments using US Virtual Bank.

My ticket number: LTK529020429369X

Thank you in advance.
    Oleksandr wrote:

Dear Payoneer Team,

I sent email to Payoneer Support four days ago, but still have no answer.
    I need help with Amazon Payments using US Virtual Bank.

My ticket number: LTK529020429369X

Thank you in advance.

Hey,

I have passed on your ticker and you should be hearing from customer support soon.

• TarmiziTarmizi Posts: 2Member
    routing number,amazon.com
    I have sent email to support but no reply. I need to know several info on payoneer.
    Please check these info which needed to be supplied at Amazon.com before able to receive payment from them.
    I need to confirm that, the bank name is Payoneer, am I wrong?
    Bank account type: Savings?
    Routing Number / ABA Number?

My email is tarmizi.ramly "alt" gmail.com if you need to help me through email.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Tarmizi
    Can anyone respond to my question?
    Tarmizi wrote:

I have sent email to support but no reply. I need to know several info on payoneer.
    Please check these info which needed to be supplied at Amazon.com before able to receive payment from them.
    I need to confirm that, the bank name is Payoneer, am I wrong?
    Bank account type: Savings?
    Routing Number / ABA Number?

My email is tarmizi.ramly "alt" gmail.com if you need to help me through email.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Tarmizi

Hi,

The information of what to fill in (including bank name) can be found if you log in to your "My Account" page and click on the US Payment Service tab under the "Service" option on the toolbar.

The bank type you will choose is "Checking", when you fill in the information.

edited July 2012
    David wrote:

Hi,

The information of what to fill in (including bank name) can be found if you log in to your "My Account" page and click on the under the "Service" option on the toolbar.

The bank type you will choose is "Checking", when you fill in the information.

After log in into My Account page at https://myaccount.payoneer.com/ , There are "Account Information", "General Information", "Tools" and "Withdrawal"
    There are no "US Payment Service tab" and "Service" options on the toolbar. None of the tab options contain information on "what to fill in (including bank name)" like mentioned above.
    Tarmizi wrote:

After log in into My Account page at https://myaccount.payoneer.com/ , There are "Account Information", "General Information", "Tools" and "Withdrawal"
    There are no "US Payment Service tab" and "Service" options on the toolbar. None of the tab options contain information on "what to fill in (including bank name)" like mentioned above.

Hi,

I see you have not yet applied for the US Payment Service.

In order for this information to appear you need to have been approved. Please fill out the questionnaire that was sent to you with the requested information.

• LucyluckLucyluck Posts: 2Member
    can I use my US Payment Service for Amazon. But I haven't got the
    Hi Guys,

I'm wondering, can I use my US Payment Service to receive payment from amazon? but I haven't got the payoneer card and haven't activated it yet. Approximately the payoneer card will arrive at 18 Agust 2012.

I really want to receive my next month payment from amazon to my payoneer card or US payment service.
    The problem is changing payment methode in amazon, must be done at the end of this month.

The point is, can I start to use my US Payment Service even I haven't receive and activated my payoneer card?

Thanks Before
    Yes, you can begin using your US Payment Service before the card arrives. The funds will be received to your account, and loaded once you activate the card.
    Nissim
  • LucyluckLucyluck Posts: 2Member
    Nissim wrote:

Yes, you can begin using your US Payment Service before the card arrives. The funds will be received to your account, and loaded once you activate the card.

I'm glad to hear it Nissim.
    Thanks for the info.
  • ComfortComfort Posts: 3Member
    When setting up Amazon to pay through the US Payment Service it asks for the following information:-

1. Bank Name
    2. Bank Account Holder Name
    3. Bank Account Type
    4. Bank Account Number
    5. Routing Number / ABA Number

You provide all the information on the "My Account > Services - US Payment Service" page except for the Bank Account Type. The choices are Savings or Checking?

Which one do we select? Checking?
  • kaisuskaisus Posts: 16Member
    Yes Checking
    We have many card holders receiving payments from Amazon to their US Payment Service. This notice may be general, and mainly meant to explain that you can only be paid to a US bank account under your name.

I would suggest trying to add the account as a payment method, and if you have any issues please let me know.
    Nissim
  • jeremyjajeremyja Posts: 7Member
    Ok thanks. I added it successfully.
  • jeremyjajeremyja Posts: 7Member
    edited September 2012
    Correction.
    It seemed to be added successfully, but since I didn't get payment this month, I asked Amazon Associates support when will changing payment method take effect and this is their answer:

Hello Nikola,

I apologize for any misunderstanding. In order to qualify for the direct deposit of your Associates earnings, all three of the following conditions must be met:

1) your payee address must be in the United States
    2) your bank must be a United States Financial Institution
    3) you must have a U.S. tax ID number or a Social Security number.

Since your payee address is in Serbia payment by direct deposit isn't available to you. However, you still have the option to be paid by Amazon.com gift card or check.

So, this isn't possible for international users.
    Now, I am wondering what's the point of US payment service at all? I can't use it on Amazon, nor on their subdivision MTurk. I guess I wont be able to use it for adsense too, since they offer payment methods based on your country.

I understand that many of your card holders are receiving payments through US Payment Service, but are those US based users?
    I am wondering why would they need virtual bank account at all :huh:

Anyway, I still need to try with Clickbank. They may be my last chance :)
    edited February 2013

Hi,

The US Payment Service is used mainly for cardholder outside the U.S.

Regarding your issue with Amazon please private message me with the email associated with your account and I will look into it.

• Alex SmithAlex Smith Posts: 1Member
    I understand that US payment services allows users to use a virtual US account to receive payments from US companies. I publish on Amazon KDP and the only method of payment possible for me is by check. Will it be possible to get paid through US Payment service without having an SSN and TIN?
    Alex Smith wrote:

I understand that US payment services allows users to use a virtual US account to receive payments from US companies. I publish on Amazon KDP and the only method of payment possible for me is by check. Will it be possible to get paid through US Payment service without having an SSN and TIN?

Yes, the US Payment Service allows you to transfer the money from your Amazon account to your Payoneer card without needing a SSN and TIN.

• Alex SmithAlex Smith Posts: 1Member
    David wrote:

Yes, the US Payment Service allows you to transfer the money from your Amazon account to your Payoneer card without needing a SSN and TIN.

thank you David for the quick reply, hope to get the card approved to apply for the US payment service too. unless i can do that before.
    Alex Smith wrote:

thank you David for the quick reply, hope to get the card approved to apply for the US payment service too. unless i can do that before.

Once the card is approved you will receive information regarding the US Payment Service.

• RhysRhys Posts: 3Member
    Any Help? Answers? Advice?
    Hi,

I am a Payoneer cardholder from South Africa approved for the US Payment service and would like to withdraw my Amazon Associates earnings to my Payoneer card via Direct Deposit. My problem is that Amazon has, within the last week or so, completely removed the Direct Deposit option from my account, leaving me with only "Pay by gift card" and "Pay by check".

I searched the Amazon Associates discussion boards and found similar reports from Non-US Associates (including Payoneer cardholders), where their Direct Deposit option had mysteriously disappeared as well.

Note: I did have the Direct Deposit option before, and had successfully entered my US bank routing and account number, but now I don't see any of that any more.

Now I understand that Payoneer may not have any answers for me right this moment but I would love to know if you are 1) aware of this issue, and 2) able to provide non-US Associates like myself a workaround or solution to this problem. I have also emailed Nissim about this directly, however I haven't heard back from him yet.
    Hi Rhys,

As you mentioned, it appears that the Direct Deposit is no longer listed for international affiliates looking to get paid from the Amazon Associates program. We are looking in to this issue and hope to have more information. Of course, Payoneer has no control over Amazon payment methods; the only way to get paid from Amazon is to have a valid account with the option of receiving direct deposit transfers.

Once we have further information, we will be sure to notify you.
    Nissim
  • LijahJLijahJ Posts: 3Member
    edited November 2012
    Yup, I'm in the same boat too and would really appreciate a solution to this as soon as poss.

Also (and I did email David on this but no response), can you tell me whether what I have done is OK or totally bang out of order:

I'm from the UK. I could not get the direct deposit check box to show up, so I changed my address details on my Amazon.com account to the bank address details for Payoneer (just as a test). I was then able to access the direct deposit field.

I'm figuring that I really should change the address details back, but if push come to shove and Amazon insist on non US residents having a US address would Payoneer customers be able to use the US bank address given to them as a workaround?

========================================================================================================

**EDIT: I've just found out that Amazon Associates US (I called and spoke to an affiliate mgr so this is accurate) do not currently pay via the Payoneer system for non US residents however, they are actively looking into this and this may very well change soon. I was told to check my associate account in a week or so.

I did ask about using the Payoneer bank address (after I changed mine back of course) and this is a no-no.

So I guess we'll all just have to wait it out and hope Amazon come to their senses.

========================================================================================================
    edited November 2012
    Firstly, I'd like to thank you guys for posting and sharing your experience.

Using the bank address as your address is not recommended, as technically you are not a US resident. This may cause tax reporting issues on Amazon's end. Additionally it is not authorized by the bank/Payoneer; any attempt to confirm this as your own will fail and may result in the disabling of your Amazon account.

I of course understand that you're not looking to cheat the system in any way, and simply want an efficient solution to receive your payments. We're continuing to try and find a solution, and hopefully (as Amazon mentioned), there will be one soon.
    Nissim
  • DalCompDalComp Posts: 7Member
    Hello,

I have noticed that direct deposit payments are not (or no longer?) available for Amazon non-US affiliates. I confirmed it by asking their customer support.

I am a new member here. My card is estimated to arrive within the next 3 weeks. Though honestly, I might not activate it until there's any clear resolution to this. Amazon is the main drive that I apply for Payoneer. If I can't use Payoneer for Amazon, then it's basically useless.

I don't know how big is the portion of Amazon payments compared to the whole Payoneer USPS transactions. But in my personal opinion, it should be big.
    So, since it would in the end affect Payoneer's revenue, I wonder if there has been any workaround or discussion on this issue. Would we (international members) simply lose USPS value in providing a means of receiving Amazon payments? Is there any action to be taken by Payoneer?

Thank you,
    Dal
  • HeraHera Posts: 5Member
    DalComp wrote:

Hello,

I have noticed that direct deposit payments are not (or no longer?) available for Amazon non-US affiliates. I confirmed it by asking their customer support.

I am a new member here. My card is estimated to arrive within the next 3 weeks. Though honestly, I might not activate it until there's any clear resolution to this. Amazon is the main drive that I apply for Payoneer. If I can't use Payoneer for Amazon, then it's basically useless.

I don't know how big is the portion of Amazon payments compared to the whole Payoneer USPS transactions. But in my personal opinion, it should be big.
    So, since it would in the end affect Payoneer's revenue, I wonder if there has been any workaround or discussion on this issue. Would we (international members) simply lose USPS value in providing a means of receiving Amazon payments? Is there any action to be taken by Payoneer?

Thank you,
    Dal

I second this too, please advise.
    Hi Guys,

We're aware of this issue, and are looking into possible solutions.

We will be sure to post an update once we have further information.
    Nissim
  • DalCompDalComp Posts: 7Member
    edited November 2012
    Nissim wrote:

Hi Guys,

We're aware of this issue, and are looking into possible solutions.

We will be sure to post an update once we have further information.

That's nice to hear.

Chatted with a CS and she kept saying "we have no changes on our policy". Well that's true, but Amazon does change.
    I was under impression that she didn't care and it puts me on rage.

Now I'm relieved that Payoneer is working on this.
    Please do keep us updated.
    Indeed, this issue was caused by a change in Amazon's policy, but Payoneer realizes the importance of this issue. I'm sorry if that wasn't made clear on your chat with our support team.

It's important to realize that Payoneer has very little control over this change, however we will do what we can to attempt to find a solution.
    Nissim
  • NelaNela Posts: 3Member
    I have just received the response from Amazon team today, here's what they say:
    Hello N.,

I apologize for any misunderstanding. In order to qualify for the direct deposit of your Associates earnings, all three of the following conditions must be met:

1) your payee address must be in the United States
    2) your bank must be a United States Financial Institution
    3) you must have a U.S. tax ID number or a Social Security number.

Since your payee address is in Croatia and you do not have a social security number, payment by direct deposit isn't available to you (no matter which bank).

We joined your program based on the presumption we got from your web site that you're making direct deposits available to non-US residents, and it appears not to be true for Amazon. Too bad.

I understand that this is not under your control.
    But now that they've changed their policy, there is obviously no need for this option, since US residents already have a US account they can use, and non-US residents are no longer allowed to use it.
    edited December 2012
    It's possible that this is a new policy implemented by Amazon, or that this is simply something they are reviewing before they make a final decision. We are doing our best to contact them and get further information regarding the issue of non-US residents receiving US direct deposit payments (as this was possible, and only recently seems to be removed as an option). As soon as we have an update, we will post it on the forum.

Also keep in mind that this seems to affect Amazon Associates only. Amazon sellers, KDP, and CreateSpace still can receive US direct deposit transfers as non-US residents (in addition to other US companies listed here http://www.payoneer.com/USPService.aspx).
    Nissim