My Current Bad Experience With Payoneer

Hidub MediaHidub Media Posts: 4Member
Payoneer keep blocked my amount of $ 892.22 soon a month
Hello,

I published here my current problem with Payoneer hoping that would find someone from Payoneer team a solution for it.

On the 12.02.2011/19:00 I tried to buy the following product: "TL AUDIO EBONY A3" with my Payoneer card from www.thomann.de website. This product would have cost me $ 892.22.

After I placed the order on the online store I get an e-mail from www.thomann.de with the following message:

Dear Mr. Militaru,

Thank you ordered from Thomann Musikhaus and trust our products and services.

Please note we wouldn't be able unfortunately to accept this order on credit card, as the credit card is registered outside of the EU. We apologise for any confusion but have simply changed your payment method to bank transfer so you can still proceed with your order. Alternatively I could offer you pay pal payment- in this case just place the order online again.

OK. But already my money was stuck in the Payoneer to the "My Account / Transaction" in "Pre Authorize Transactions List"
To pay by wire transfer to the product ordered from the online store (www.thomann.de) I must first recover my money from the Payoneer account, from the "Pre Authorize Transactions List"

So I sent an email to www.thomann.de to tell them that I can not pay through any other method of payment until they do not release my pre-paid amount.

Here is the reply from them: ( www.thomann.de )

Good afternoon.

This time, there were no funds in your account statement, but were reserved.
As for orders placed with Visa and MasterCard for those, we operate with a new system called "Verified by". This system allows the customer to authorize reservation when placing order at www.thomann.de

This book confirms that:

You are the customer who orders
Funds are available

This helps to combat identity theft and credit card fraud.

If the goods are readily available - we confirm the reservation and the order is delivered.

If goods are not immediately available, the reservation will be removed from your credit card within 7 days.

We apologize for any confusion created!

Sincerely,
Adrian Sardi
International Sales

Immediately after the above message came and the following: ( www.thomann.de )

Good afternoon.

Our accounting department has confirmed the cancellation in the sum of 645.00 euros ( $892.22 USD ). You will be able to see this amount in your account the next 2-3 days.

Sincerely,
Adrian Sardi
International Sales

I waited 2,3 days, but the amount has not reappeared back to my Payoneer account. So I decided to contact Payoneer support.

Here's my message to Payoneer:

Hello, I have a Pre Authorize Transaction which must return back to me. Today, the www.thomann.de ( Burgebrach DEU ) accounting department has confirmed the cancellation of this transaction.
In how many days I will see the transaction amount back into my account?
I look forward to a reply from you. Best regards, Marius Daniel Militaru

Here the answer from Payoneer:

Dear Marius Daniel,
Thank you for your email.
The transaction in question is in status "outstanding authorization". This means that the funds are being held for up to 7 business days, until the merchant either releases them back to your account or eventually settles the transaction (charges the amount). If you can provide us with a written confirmation from the merchant, indicating that they will not be settling the transaction, we will forward the confirmation to our financial department with a request to cancel the outstanding authorization. Please scan the merchant's confirmation and email it back to us, or fax it to 1-347-438-3365.
Sincerely,
Sophie

Meanwhile, I sent an email to merchant and received a response the next day. I copied the message from the email sent by (www.thomann.de) and I put it in the reply to Payoneer:

Hello,

The accounting department at thomann.de has sent me the following confirmation message:

Good afternoon.

Booking of your card was canceled on 05/12/2011. Please transfer the amount of € 645.00 in the account specified in the confirmation email. Please note that after 15 days of the default order will be automatically canceled.

Sincerely,
Adrian Sardi
International Sales

Musikhaus Thomann e.K.
Treppendorf 30
96138 Burgebrach
Germany
Tel : 0049 9546 9223 55
Fax : 0049 9546 9223 24
[email protected]
www.thomann.de

Here the answer from Payoneer:

Dear Marius Daniel,
A document that is copied and pasted is NOT valid for the release process.
A request to cancel a pre-authorization needs to be sent from the merchant, on the merchant's letterhead.
The following information needs to be included in the merchant's request and verified against the pending pre-auth in our system:
• Card number (xxxx xx** **xx xxxx)
• Transaction amount
• Authorization Code
• Merchant ID
• Date of Authorization
Sincerely,
Yoco

OK. I have sent an new email to www.thomann.de and waited seven days to receive the confirmation document by mail from their accounting department.

Finally, I received the confirmation by email. Then I sent the document accompanying with the following message:

Hello,

Below is a written confirmation showing that the reservation was canceled on 05.12.2011

( I left the message intact as I received from the www.thomann.de )

Please let me know In how long I will recover the amount from the Pre Authorize Transactions List?

Marius Militaru

Here the reply from Payoneer:

Dear Marius Daniel,
Thank you for your email.
A document that is copied and pasted is not valid for the release process.
A request to cancel a pre-authorization needs to be sent from the merchant, on the merchant's letterhead.
The following information needs to be included in the merchant's request and verified against the pending pre-auth in our system:
• Transaction amount
• Authorization Code
• Merchant ID
• Date of Authorization
Happy Holidays from Payoneer!
Sincerely,
Andy
Payoneer Customer Support

Although it was not copy and paste, but it was just a document within the email, they repeated the above message.
In these moments no longer knew what to do to recover my amount of $ 892.22. The amount are still blocked in Payoneer.
So I tried to contact Payoneer support by phone. But I do not know how to speak good English, I asked my girlfriend to be translator between myself and Payoneer support

Here's what he said Payoneer support after phone call:

Dear Marius Daniel,
Your ticket code is LTK529011766584X. Please use this code in any further communication.
Please be advised that we can not speak to a translator about your account details. If it is easier for you to communicate in Romanian then you can write us in that language.You need have the merchant send us a letter on their official letterhead stating that they want to release the funds that are held in pre-authorization. Please have the merchant include the following information:
* Last 4 digits of card number
* Transaction amount and date
* Authorization Code (Can be viewed on "My Account" by clicking the transaction)
* A statement that indicates the merchant will not charge the funds
* Signature in writing
Please scan the merchant's confirmation send it to us through the “Contact Us” form at www.Payoneer.com, or fax it to 1-347-438-3365. We will forward the confirmation to our financial department with a request to cancel the outstanding authorization.
Happy Holidays from Payoneer!
Sincerely,
Edmund

What do you think now? I think I have less and I start to scream. Basically was taken my entitled to having a lawyer or personal translator. This I find it kinda illegal. Payoneer can ask any information about me as long as my translator could provide, especially when I was near my translator and I welcomed with Payoneer support by phone.

Ok, let's continue.

If until now was about a document from the merchant with the following information:

• Transaction amount
• Authorization Code
• Merchant ID
• Date of Authorization

We can see in the last message from Payoneer that is required and an Signature in writing.

So I sent another reply to Payoneer:

Hello,

I get along well enough to write in English and is ok. But I have trouble talking, therefore we needed someone to help me to communicate by phone

I tried to solve the problem by phone because has already been too long since I have not received any solid support by email
I sent the A4 scanned page document, the document that I received last week from the merchant.
I want to know from you the all complete information to close this Pre Authorize Transaction and how should be done.

• Last 4 digits of card number
  • Transaction amount and date
  • Authorization Code
  • A statement that indicates the merchant will not charge the funds
  • Signature in writing

The document that I sent to you, have the "Last 4 digits of card number"
Transaction amount and date is found in that document.
Authorization Code. if it's the code of the Payoneer account, I do not think that is listed in the document. Where it should be passed this Authorization Code? On the same document?
A statement that indicates the merchant will not charge the funds. This is the document that we already sent you and can be found majority of the above information.
Signature in writing. The written signature must be on the same document from the merchant? Who should sign? Card holder Owner or merchant?

I look forward to a reply from you.

Marius Daniel Militaru

Here is the last reply from Payoneer:

Dear Marius Daniel,

Please be advised we need you to contact the merchant www.thomann.de directly please ask them to send us on official letterhead the following information:

Last 4 digits of card number
Transaction amount and date
Authorization Code
A statement that indicates the merchant will not charge the funds
Signature in writing of the merchant.

Please have the merchant scan and send it to us through the “Contact Us” form at www.Payoneer.com, or fax it to 1-347-438-3365. We will forward the confirmation to our financial department with a request to cancel the outstanding authorization.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Edmund

This time, Payoneer asked me to ask the merchant (www.thomann.de) to contact them directly with the document. After this message, I contacted the merchant.

Here is the answer of the merchant: (www.thomann.de)

Good afternoon.

According to the Accounting Department at the time the reservation is canceled, the card issuing bank receives this information, the duty on the bank to release money. So the company was notified by Payoneer cancellation by Musikhaus Thomann on 05/12/2011. Next is the responsibility of this company to release that amount.

So www.thomann.de no longer be responsible for receiving my money back. Remained responsible only Payoneer.com

I'm curious what answer I will receive now from payoneer.

Marius Daniel Militaru

Comments

• TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi Marius,

I'm really sorry for you being sent around so much. Indeed, preauthorized transactions are released within 7 business days, and we can only do it ourselves with the official consent of the merchant. however, you really shouldn't have received the same answer over and over again.

Your funds will be released within 7 business days regardless.

I completely understand your frustration about the translator, but since we deal with money - especially such a large amount of funds - we cannot take a chance that we will give out private and personal information to a third party.

I am passing on this ticket to a supervisor because there is no reason you should have received the same stock answer time and again, but I don't think they will be able to do much more other than wait for it to release itself.
    Talia
  • Hidub MediaHidub Media Posts: 4Member
    Ok. I'll be waiting.

I'm glad that finally there is someone to able to help me in this issue. I thank you, Talia.

Best regards,
    Marius Daniel Militaru

Ok. I'll be waiting.

I'm glad that finally there is someone to able to help me in this issue. I thank you, Talia.

Best regards,
    Marius Daniel Militaru

You are very welcome. I promise I am on it. (It's the weekend and I'm not at the office or home, so it's a bit harder, but I promise I haven't forgotten).
    Talia
  • Hidub MediaHidub Media Posts: 4Member
    Hi Talia,

I would have even more happy if your colleagues would have given the interest in my problem as you do. But they have not even tried to do.

I'm glad now that someone from Payoneer can understand my problem, and can understand especially that does not depend on me for recover the amount.

A happy new year for the whole team!
    Marius Daniel Militaru

Hi Talia,

I would have even more happy if your colleagues would have given the interest in my problem as you do. But they have not even tried to do.

I'm glad now that someone from Payoneer can understand my problem, and can understand especially that does not depend on me for recover the amount.

A happy new year for the whole team!
    Marius Daniel Militaru

Hi Marius,

I have passed this on to a supervisor - again, I am really sorry for your bad experience, but I promise your preauth is about to expire and the funds will be automatically available again for you.
    Talia