Frustration With The New Va System And Bank

Hello there, i have been using the Payoneer VA system for more than a year, to receive payments from, between other companies: Apple.

I was very glad to see that when the VA upgrade took place, Apple was in the list of allowed companies, however, today i got this email from Payoneer:

"We are contacting you in regards to ACH transfer directed to your US Payment Service details.

Our supporting bank received an international ACH transaction towards your US Payment Service details. The bank was not able to process this transaction automatically as it was an international ACH transaction and not domestic.
Can you please provide us with more information about the initiator of this transfer?"


Of course that the transfer is being initiated by Apple, like it has been done for the past 14 Months to my Payoneer account, but the money is being sent from Luxemburg, not from the US, because Apple's iTunes Store and AppStore financial HQ are operated from Luxemburg, as stated here on their (Apple's) TOS:

"The Service is operated by iTunes from its offices in Luxembourg. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of the Service. This Agreement and the use of the Service is governed by English law."


So now I'm being informed by Payoneer that the money has been sent back to Apple, and that i should tell them to use a local ACH system....

Does anybody at Payoneer seriously think that Apple is going to change their payroll system because of ME, or because of the ACH issues with Payoneer's bank? this is funny to say the least, and the situation now is that i have no money and i think no other way to get it like i did for the past 14 months.

Some questions are floating now on my mind:

How is that Apple is on the whitelist of allowed companies but you can not accept payments from their main (and only, as far as i know) service (iTunes Store) ?
Why you had to change a system that was working perfectly fine for a new one who is not only way more limited but also incredibly problematic ?

What do i do now ?? how do i get my money into my payoneer account like i did for the past 14 months with no issues whatsoever ?

The reference ticket for all this mess is LTK529013406629X

Thanks.

Comments

  • MikhailMikhail Posts: 1Member
    I have the same problem.

    In 2011 everything was fine with Apple payments, but after the change of the Payoneer supporting bank it appears that I cannot receive these payments any more, despite Apple is in the list of "approved companies".

    I wish Payoneer solve this problem, because Apple iTunes is an extremely popular service, and there is a great number of app developers and ebook publishers who sell their stuff at iTunes and need to receive payments from Apple.
  • kravikkravik Posts: 4Member
    The same problem too.

    Payoneer please fix it ASAP!!!!

    I can't get my money!
  • DiegoMaxDiegoMax Posts: 9Member
    Just a follow-up to this story, i got the following email from Apple today:

    Dear Diego *********,

    Your payment was returned by your bank. The payment to your bank account is greater than the maximum amount permitted by your bank. Contact your bank to resolve. If you need to update your bank information, go to the Contracts, Tax, & Banking Information module.
    Apple Payment Reference Number: XXXXXXXXX

    Bank: FIRST CENTURY BANK, NATIONAL ASSOCI - ****4400

    Payment Date: Feb 02, 2012

    Payments cannot be made to you until you resolve this issue.

    Regards,

    The iTunes Connect Team


    So this is not looking good... any response from Payoneer on this yet ?
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi guys,

    We are, of course, aware of this issue, and we are working hard to get it resolved. Just to be clear, Apple pays in several different ways and we HAVE been receiving payments from Apple, Inc to the new US Payment Service accounts. We weren't aware that there were payments from Luxemberg - we only found out yesterday.

    We have a team working on making arrangements with our bank to get it resolved quickly so you can continue to receive your payments to your Payoneer card, but just as getting the other companies onto the approved whitelist takes time (just we did it before switching, so you didn't feel it), it can take a couple of weeks until we are able to make arrangements here. The new system can currently only accept ACH transfers from companies in the US, not outside of it, so we are working with the bank to see how to resolve this issue.

    I promise you that this is something we are working on resolving - the developer community in general is very important to us, and we definitely want to make sure we are meeting everyone's needs.

    Again, I sincerely apologize for this problem. I promise to update all of you as soon as we have any news.
    Talia
    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service here!
  • DiegoMaxDiegoMax Posts: 9Member
    While I understand your reasoning, this is a seriously unprofessional way to deal with stuff like this. This is MONEY you are dealing with here, and you are not doing it for free. While you claim that it is going to take "a couple of weeks" to resolve this issue, we already lost the february payroll due to this issue (there is no way to force apple to re-issue a payment, just for your records) so that now we are forced to wait until march 2 for the next payment.

    I appreciate your response, but this is clearly not fixing my (our) current situation, not to mention that if i know the status quo of all this now is because i've decided to check this community forum, because, if i wait for answers to support emails... well... it could take weeks.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    DiegoMax wrote:

    While I understand your reasoning, this is a seriously unprofessional way to deal with stuff like this. This is MONEY you are dealing with here, and you are not doing it for free. While you claim that it is going to take "a couple of weeks" to resolve this issue, we already lost the february payroll due to this issue (there is no way to force apple to re-issue a payment, just for your records) so that now we are forced to wait until march 2 for the next payment.

    I appreciate your response, but this is clearly not fixing my (our) current situation, not to mention that if i know the status quo of all this now is because i've decided to check this community forum, because, if i wait for answers to support emails... well... it could take weeks.


    Had we known about this ahead of time, we would have never had this problem. Since we have received hundreds of payments from Apple, Inc., there was no way for us to know that they payments were being sent from an additional account (which is what happened in this case). I know it's no consolation, but the vast majority of the Apple users received their payments without a problem (there are literally only a handful of you guys). In any event, we sincerely are trying to solve this as quickly as possible. We have no reason to delay this in any way, nor do we have the desire to do so.
    Talia
    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service here!
  • DiegoMaxDiegoMax Posts: 9Member
    Talia wrote:

    Had we known about this ahead of time, we would have never had this problem. Since we have received hundreds of payments from Apple, Inc., there was no way for us to know that they payments were being sent from an additional account (which is what happened in this case). I know it's no consolation, but the vast majority of the Apple users received their payments without a problem (there are literally only a handful of you guys). In any event, we sincerely are trying to solve this as quickly as possible. We have no reason to delay this in any way, nor do we have the desire to do so.


    Thanks for your answer and sorry for my kind of harsh reply before, i was certainly frustrated because of all this. Let's see how this evolves.

    Thanks.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    DiegoMax wrote:

    Thanks for your answer and sorry for my kind of harsh reply before, i was certainly frustrated because of all this. Let's see how this evolves.

    Thanks.


    It's absolutely OK - I completely understand your frustration 100% - this is your money we are talking about.

    I promise we are sincerely trying to solve this as quickly as possible.
    Talia
    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service here!
  • kravikkravik Posts: 4Member
    Talia wrote:

    It's absolutely OK - I completely understand your frustration 100% - this is your money we are talking about.

    I promise we are sincerely trying to solve this as quickly as possible.


    Talia, is there any update?
    What has been done to solve our BIG problem?
    Next payment from Apple will be in about 2 weeks.

    What service can recommend instead of Payoneer US Payment Service?
  • DiegoMaxDiegoMax Posts: 9Member
    Still waiting here for any answer from customer support after 1 week, any update on this ? Kravik is right and next payment is approaching....
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    kravik wrote:

    Talia, is there any update?
    What has been done to solve our BIG problem?
    Next payment from Apple will be in about 2 weeks.

    What service can recommend instead of Payoneer US Payment Service?


    Hi Kravik,

    The way the US Payment Service works is that it can only receive payments from US companies. SInce this particular payment method is not from the US, it involves changing the service. I cannot give a timeframe, I"m sorry, because I honestly don't know how long it will take. Unfortunately, I need to advise that you find an alternate payment method at this time. I am not aware of any other service like the US Payment Service by another company, sorry.

    DiegoMax wrote:

    Still waiting here for any answer from customer support after 1 week, any update on this ? Kravik is right and next payment is approaching....



    Hi Diego,

    As I said to Kravik, this is a complicated process that may take some time. I really don't know how long it will take.
    Talia
    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service here!
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4Member
    Yea, same problem for me ...
  • DiegoMaxDiegoMax Posts: 9Member
    Hello, is there any update on this ?....

    // Regards
  • DavidDavid ✭✭ Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Andy wrote:

    Yea, same problem for me ...



    DiegoMax wrote:

    Hello, is there any update on this ?....

    // Regards



    Can you both copy here your ticket numbers (starts with LTK) so I can look into your specific questions.

    Thanks.

    Hey, sorry for the mistake, I see that Nissim is currently looking into this for you and he will be posting an update shortly.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • DiegoMaxDiegoMax Posts: 9Member
    David wrote:

    Can you both copy here your ticket numbers (starts with LTK) so I can look into your specific questions.

    Thanks.


    It is on my first post on this very same thread.
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DiegoMax wrote:

    Hello, is there any update on this ?....

    // Regards


    We've been working hard on resolving this issue as soon as possible, and I hope to have an update for you within the next couple of days.

    I will post here and also e-mail you directly once I have further details.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue has been resolved, and I've e-mailed you all with further details. You are now able to receive payments from Apple (both their US and Luxembourg accounts) using our US Payment Service.

    If you have a payment that's about to be sent, please PM me with the payment amount and your account e-mail address, as I'd like to personally follow up and make sure it comes through without any issues.

    Thanks.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • DiegoMaxDiegoMax Posts: 9Member
    This is great news Nissim! Thanks!, however, i have not received any email from you, could you double check that you have included me on that list ?

    Thanks a lot, Diego.
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DiegoMax wrote:

    This is great news Nissim! Thanks!, however, i have not received any email from you, could you double check that you have included me on that list ?

    Thanks a lot, Diego.


    Double checked, and yes I sent you an e-mail on March 9th. I sent it through our support e-mail, however (in reply to a previous ticket) so perhaps it was caught up in a spam filter?

    I will send it again from my personal work e-mail.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • AlonzoAlonzo Posts: 2Member
    Hello, Nissim!

    I had the same issue. May I also to receive email with further details. Thanks!
  • bstcdbstcd Posts: 3Member
    Hi Nissim,
    I have to receive a Paypal transfer from Paypal Israel, do you mean to tell me that the US Payment Service might not accept it (as far as I knew all the Paypal subsidiaries were accepted)?
    Kind regards
    David

    Talia wrote:

    Hi Kravik,

    The way the US Payment Service works is that it can only receive payments from US companies. SInce this particular payment method is not from the US, it involves changing the service. I cannot give a timeframe, I"m sorry, because I honestly don't know how long it will take. Unfortunately, I need to advise that you find an alternate payment method at this time. I am not aware of any other service like the US Payment Service by another company, sorry.




    Hi Diego,

    As I said to Kravik, this is a complicated process that may take some time. I really don't know how long it will take.
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Alonzo wrote:

    Hello, Nissim!

    I had the same issue. May I also to receive email with further details. Thanks!


    The issue has been resolved, and you are now able to receive payments from Apple to your US Payment Service, including International ACH transfers (IAT) from Apple Luxembourg.

    If you're expecting a payment, please e-mail me with the date it's being sent and the amount, and I'd be happy to personally follow up and make sure it's processed without a delay.

    bstcd wrote:

    Hi Nissim,
    I have to receive a Paypal transfer from Paypal Israel, do you mean to tell me that the US Payment Service might not accept it (as far as I knew all the Paypal subsidiaries were accepted)?
    Kind regards
    David


    We accept all PayPal subsidiaries, however the US Payment Service can receive US ACH/Direct Deposit transfers only. If they're sending it as an international wire transfer, it will not be accepted (will be returned to sender).
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • kravikkravik Posts: 4Member
    edited March 2012
    Do anybody receive payment from Apple after support report about resolving the issue?

    As for me - I still dont receive. It was expected on March 8
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kravik wrote:

    Do anybody receive payment from Apple after support report about resolving the issue?

    As for me - I still dont receive. It was expected on March 8


    The update was implemented on March 9th, so it's possible this is why you haven't yet received the payment.

    If you could PM me with the payment details (date, amount) I'd be happy to check into it.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Guys,

    If you're an iOS developer looking to receive payments from Apple to your Payoneer card, make sure to check out http://community.payoneer.com/topic/1165-apple-developers-get-paid-to-your-payoneer-card/.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • veliborsantic74veliborsantic74 Posts: 3Member

    Hello,

    I have seen that some of you had and maybe still have problems with wire transfer. Nissim, please can you help me, this is the message I got on iTunes Connect:

     

    Your payment was returned by your bank. Your bank indicated: payment
    method not accepted If you need to update your bank information, go to
    the Contracts, Tax, & Banking Information module.
         Apple Payment Reference Number: *********

     

    If you need Ref Nr, please let me know, I'll PM it to you. Also, I am interested about fees regarding wire transfers...

    Thanks in advance!

  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Hi Guys,

     

    Please make sure that when receiving payments from Apple, the currency is set to USD. Transfers sent in another currency may be sent as international wire transfers, and would not be received to your US Payment Service.

    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
Sign In or Register to comment.