Support + Chargeback + Payments

VitaliyVitaliy Posts: 8Member
A three in one question =)
Hello Guys,

first of all, thank you for the service and the chance to share the information about our experiences. As much as I hate to moan and groan, I still need to say what I have to say/and ask.

1.(This would be rather posted under suggestions, but still...) The standard response time is 2 business days. Now, from one hand I understand you are getting hundreds (if not thousands) of emails daily, but from the other hand I would like the response time to get down to something more reasonable - say, 1 day. Then, does not receiving a confirmaion message from your support email mean that the initial email has not been received and I need to send it again?

2. By an unfortunate coincidence, the bank has charged my twice (money withdrawal was marked twice). As a result, the balance on account went negative. Can you explain how is it possible that a debit card can go negative? All the incoming money will be now 'trapped' by that negative balance. That is really a pain. I have filed the documents for a dispute, I am aware that it has been sent to the respective (payment?) department, yet I have received no informaiton on whether the dispute has been started. In this 'information vacuum' I am requesting help, hope you will be able to assist. Ideally, I would like to be getting updated on every status change. Is this possible?

Yours,
V.

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Vitaliy wrote:

Hello Guys,

first of all, thank you for the service and the chance to share the information about our experiences. As much as I hate to moan and groan, I still need to say what I have to say/and ask.

1.(This would be rather posted under suggestions, but still...) The standard response time is 2 business days. Now, from one hand I understand you are getting hundreds (if not thousands) of emails daily, but from the other hand I would like the response time to get down to something more reasonable - say, 1 day. Then, does not receiving a confirmaion message from your support email mean that the initial email has not been received and I need to send it again?

2. By an unfortunate coincidence, the bank has charged my twice (money withdrawal was marked twice). As a result, the balance on account went negative. Can you explain how is it possible that a debit card can go negative? All the incoming money will be now 'trapped' by that negative balance. That is really a pain. I have filed the documents for a dispute, I am aware that it has been sent to the respective (payment?) department, yet I have received no informaiton on whether the dispute has been started. In this 'information vacuum' I am requesting help, hope you will be able to assist. Ideally, I would like to be getting updated on every status change. Is this possible?

Yours,
    V.

Hey Vitaliy,

Welcome to the forums :)

To address your questions:

1) While the estimated Customer Support response time is 2 business days, it's not uncommon to receive a reply in less time than that, it really depends on the amount of prior cases that are open at any given time.

While we do our best to offer the best service and support possible, we have a very large amount of cardholders and need to be realistic in the estimated response time we provide for our e-mail support. Also, remember that the 2 business days is an estimated response time, and doesn't mean that your issue won't be replied to in less time if possible ;).

We also have telephone and Live Chat support, if you would like to speak with a Customer Support Agent in real time.

Regarding confirmation e-mails, you should get one on the first e-mail you send to Customer Support, however I do not believe follow up e-mails (e-mails sent in reply to our Customer Support department) receive confirmation e-mails. There is really no reason for them to not arrive successfully other than a technical issue, and most e-mail providers already notify the sender if a message did not reach its recipient.

2) We take cardholder disputes very seriously. All disputes made by our cardholders are managed meticulously and are kept active, meaning we follow up on them on a regular basis. Additionally, we notify the cardholder when there is an update on the status of their dispute (you can also contact our Customer Support department to ask if their have been any changes).

If you would like to contact me at [email protected] with the e-mail address on your Payoneer account, I can look into your dispute status for you.

Please Note: Your card is prepaid and cannot be used for more than the available balance on the card at any given time, else the attempt would be declined. However, there are very rare cases in which your card can "go into negative." This happens with very specific merchants that have the ability to force a charge onto a card, such as a bank ATM. What likely happened, in your case, is that the ATM malfunctioned and charged your card twice. These issues normally rectify themselves automatically, and Payoneer does monitor its systems for such occurrences and takes actions to resolve them. As I said, this is extremely rare. I also want to make it clear that if this happens, Payoneer does not charge any kind of fee.

Please feel free to share any more comments and feedback with us ;)
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • VitaliyVitaliy Posts: 8Member
    Hey Nissim,

thank you for shedding the light onto this. Knowing this information really helps, as I (or any other user) gets quite a good idea of what's happening and what to expect.

You've obviously anticipated my question regarding any kind of penalty for a negative balance on the account - you must be an insightful man! ;-)

I have sent you an email containing my reference number - I would be much obliged if you could check on the status. Any information would be helpful.

P.S. I am having strong doubts that publishing your email address won't have any consequences in terms of spam...

One more thing - last week I got to talk to a guy named Owen, and was really impressed with the attention and the level empathy I saw. If you have access or any contact with your support staff, please pass on my words of thanks to him.
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Vitaliy wrote:

Hey Nissim,

One more thing - last week I got to talk to a guy named Owen, and was really impressed with the attention and the level empathy I saw. If you have access or any contact with your support staff, please pass on my words of thanks to him.

Both professionally and as a consumer in general I have come in contact with many forms of customer support, and I can honestly say that our Customer Support agents and entire department work very hard on every case they handle, and are constantly doing the all they can to provide the best support possible.

I will pass on your feedback to Owen, I'm sure he will be extremely happy to hear it :)
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • VitaliyVitaliy Posts: 8Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello Guys,

wanted to say thank you for the wonderful job with handling my original request. The money is back in my account now, and it's back faster than I was originally expecting it.

Way to go!

A special word of thanks goes to Nissim, who has instructed me of the procedure and provided assistance on this matter. Thank you, Nissim!
This discussion has been closed.