Issue having card shipped to mail-forwarding address in USA

jackdm
jackdm Member Posts: 5
edited May 2013 in Ask The Community

I recently got my card application approved but i am having a big issue getting it shipped to an address that would allow me to receive it quicker. It would save me atleast two weeks worth of waiting.

Here is the problem, I live outside the USA and I wanted my card shipped to my mail-forwarding (courier) address in the USA. It's not only for mail but for cargo. When i purchase something from an online merchant that does not ship international I then provide them with my courier issued US mailbox address. The package is delivered to the address, then the courier ships to my country, (all for a fee) , i only then have to pay duties and so forth. You can have cargo shipped this route whether the merchant ships international or not. It is cheaper this way anyhow.

I requested my card be shipped this route to save time, rather than depend on the local post office. I was told to provide proof that the US address is indeed mine. But how can i provide proof of an address that is issued to thousands of other people in my country? It's a "universal" address if you guys understand me, no one gets their own US address, the packages are shipped to it and the courier sorts the cargo to be shipped out. This is an international company that does this so they are legit.

I provided a copy of an email i got from the couriers when i signed up but that was denied because it's an email. Now this email contained the website link to the courier's website, the name and email address of the agent who sent the email confirming my name and address, also the telephone numbers and business address of the courier company. I have no idea why it was denied, i was told because it was an email. I did not get a receipt or anything because signup was free, the company makes their money from shipping and handling charges. I made a call to Payoneer today and the agent logged onto the website and said they was an option for customers to log into their account but that feature is for employees of the courier service and not customers.

Atleast they could see the website is legit, they have telephone numbers listed, company business address, what the company does and it's offices in other countries. All I need is for the card to be shipped to an address that allows me to receive it quicker than local post, that's all!!!

I then called the Manager of my local courier service telling them what Payoneer is requesting and she told me the email i received when i signed up is proof that i can use the address. It's similiar to Payoneer giving everyone the same bank account number to send their funds to, it's universal. No one gets a different bank account number as far as i learnt from browsing these forums.

Apparently they already shipped the card to my country via local post but that card can be cancelled as i was told once i get the US address for shipping approved. This is frustrating and has drained all the excitement i had of using these services you guys offer. I mean all i'm trying to do is save some time on the shipping, an advantage of having the courier service. I mean you can google US mailbox service and see loads of info on this service, it's nothing new.

What must a guy do to have a debit/credit card shipped to an address in the US he feels comfortable with and will save time???? What more do i have to verify??

Comments

• David
    David Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Thank you for your question.

Please note that Payoneer is a US regulated company and our regulations require you to be a legal US resident in order to have a card shipped there.

Additionally, we can only ship the card to a card holder at their personal residential address.

• jackdm
    David wrote on May 9 2013, 7:29 AM: »

Thank you for your question.

Please note that Payoneer is a US regulated company and our regulations require you to be a legal US resident in order to have a card shipped there.

Additionally, we can only ship the card to a card holder at their personal residential address.

If this is the case then you guys need to post alot more information on your website and in the FAQ section as well because no where is this mentioned on the Payoneer site. Also if what you said is correct why didn't one of the three agents i spoke with made that fact known? One of them even asked their Supervisor if email with shipping address can work and although they said no it can't they suggested obtaining something "concrete" from the courier company to verify the address "is mine".

This is ridiculous, really it is....because "your regulations" are non-existent anywhere on the site, very vague to say the least. No where on the site says anything about shipping policies regarding the card, nothing at all. I'm not referring to the little info about having the card via post and arriving at a specific date........that's not shipping policies information or restrictions.

It's not right that someone has to wait an entire month for something out of the USA. I ship packages from China and they take less than 2 weeks to arrive, using their local postal service. Provisions should be made for mail-forwarding/couriers because it's very petty of a regulation that to have a card shipped to a US address you need to be a resident. It's unbelievable that i would have to get the card sent to someone who is a cardholder in the US......I bet that person has to verify their are a Payoneer cardholder too right? and their address too right? and that it is a private residential address too right? and their Government-issued ID too right? and a photo of their payoneer card too right? and a photo of their account page on the payoneer site too right? and a photo of their house too right?? MY GOD!!!!!

• Nissim
    Nissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

We do offer an expedited shipping service worldwide, via DHL, though there is an additional charge for it (due to the costs imposed by DHL). This would provide you with tracking information, and it takes 4-7 business days.

Related to the regulations, it was something that is sent to you once your card application is reviewed (explaining that you need an ID in the US in order to have a card shipped there). It's the same for every country. 

While I do understand your frustration, Payoneer is a fully regulated US company so there are certain procedures and regulations that we are required to follow. One of which is called KYC (Know Your Customer), which requires that we properly identify each Payoneer account holder. In addition, Payoneer cards must be shipped to the registered Payoneer cardholder, and to an address that is their own.

We do mention this on the Payoneer application, when entering the address. On the first address section there is a statement:

* Please provide your home address and not a PO Box here (only in the shipping address).

If you choose to enter an alternate shipping address, there is another statement:

Please note that we will only deliver your card to you (not to anyone else) to where you live permanently.

I apologize if this was not made clear to you by our customer support team, and I will follow up with them to clear up the issue. Overall our application process requests only the information that is required of us to collect, in accordance with online payment and prepaid card regulations.

• jackdm

Ok kool but if that's the case why is there an option to enter a shipping address that is different to your billing address?

• Nissim
    Nissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

We allow shipping to a PO Box that is under your name and legally belonging to you. Also in some cases applicants may be living abroad, in which case they would need to provide a valid national ID in the country of residence and a proof of residence at the address.

There are other such instances in which an applicant would require the card to be shipped to an alternate address, however all of them would need to be reviewed and approved by our account approvals department (in accordance with prepaid card regulations).