Email Alerts

pollypolly Posts: 70Member ✭✭
Hi! I'm a very happy Payoneer user, and I think it would be even more perfect if you could provide some email alerts that we can enable.
The most important one would be an email alert when the card is used to pay something or extract money - this way we would be much more in control, and also as a security measure.

It would just like the email we receive when the card is loaded, but it could be enabled or disabled when necessary or appropiate.

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot in advance, and thanks again for a wonderful user experience :)

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    polly wrote:

Hi! I'm a very happy Payoneer user, and I think it would be even more perfect if you could provide some email alerts that we can enable.
    The most important one would be an email alert when the card is used to pay something or extract money - this way we would be much more in control, and also as a security measure.

It would just like the email we receive when the card is loaded, but it could be enabled or disabled when necessary or appropiate.

What do you guys think?

Hey Polly,

This is an excellent suggestion. I'll pass it along ;)

We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and there are many things we have planned for the future. Resources are obviously limited, so if anyone else would like to see certain suggestions implemented, please speak up and let us know.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • Yury ProshchenkoYury Proshchenko Posts: 1Member
    edited August 2011
    Nissim wrote:

Hey Polly,

This is an excellent suggestion. I'll pass it along ;)

We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and there are many things we have planned for the future. Resources are obviously limited, so if anyone else would like to see certain suggestions implemented, please speak up and let us know.

Hi Nissim.

I'm another happy Payoneer user who'd like to receive email or SMS (or whatever) alert. And I want to ask you: "How its going?" :)

BTW - I am a software developer, so I could create my custom desktop (or even web) software to crawl my transactions log from https, but I dont think that is the right way.

Thanks,
    Yury
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi Yury,

Thanks for the suggestion. If we see we get a lot of requests for the same thing, it's easier for us to show our dev team and let them know it's really wanted.
    Talia
  • Daddy BitDaddy Bit Posts: 11Member
    Hello all, people!

Emails and Sms on transactions are good services.
    But personally I prefer this to be OPTIONAL.
    Mandatory Emails and Sms messages about money transactions violate one's privateness.
    What if I do not want everybody to know about my money transactions?
    Emails and Sms messages are not secured from strangers - people who work for Internet, Email and Sms services and have access to my private email box. It is well known that some of them just sell private info about clients to those who are interested.

The bottom line: there must be two checkboxes in the user profile
    1. Send me E-mail notifications on my transactions.
    2. Send me SMS notifications on my transactions.

That would be correct attitude to the privateness of Payoneer clients.

Cheers.
    Hi,

We would never make that mandatory, don't worry. :P
    Talia
    Talia wrote:

Hi,

We would never make that mandatory, don't worry. :P

Hello, Talia.
    Thank you for the prompt response.

But please make it clear to me.
    For now, every upload to my Payoneer card or US VA triggers e-mail to me telling the whole story with numbers.
    Is there any way to swith this OFF if I want?
    I do not see any checkboxes in my profile settings to swich off email notifications.

Cheers.
    Daddy Bit wrote:

Hello, Talia.
    Thank you for the prompt response.

But please make it clear to me.
    For now, every upload to my Payoneer card or US VA triggers e-mail to me telling the whole story with numbers.
    Is there any way to swith this OFF if I want?
    I do not see any checkboxes in my profile settings to swich off email notifications.

Cheers.

Hey,

I do not believe that there is any way to disable the e-mail notifications, however I'll double check and get back to you.
    Nissim
    I am almost positive that we cannot disable email notifications about funds being deposited into your account for legal reasons.
    Talia
    Talia wrote:

I am almost positive that we cannot disable email notifications about funds being deposited into your account for legal reasons.

I see. Big Brother is watching you. Who is talking about privacy nowadays?
    This is really sad.

Cheers.
    Daddy Bit wrote:

I see. Big Brother is watching you. Who is talking about privacy nowadays?
    This is really sad.

Cheers.

This isn't an issue of privacy or forced notifications. As your Payoneer account is electronic (meaning there are no paper bills or statements sent in the mail), as per the electronic disclosure agreement we must notify you of pending and completed loads, which is done via e-mail.

There is no sensitive account information sent via the e-mail notifications, they serve only to inform you that you have received funds, or that a payment has been sent to your account.
    Nissim
  • alehroalehro Posts: 3Member
    +1 for email and SMS notifications. Just discovered that some guys from whom I made a purchase half a year ago were taking the money from my card every month. They didn't even sent notifications about it, which is usual practice.
    alehro wrote:

+1 for email and SMS notifications. Just discovered that some guys from whom I made a purchase half a year ago were taking the money from my card every month. They didn't even sent notifications about it, which is usual practice.

Oh, wow, I'm so sorry about that!
    Talia
  • MakMak Posts: 1Member
    There are any news about email/sms notifications?
    Custom applications for tracking transactions log is not secure...
  • DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    Mak wrote:

There are any news about email/sms notifications?
    Custom applications for tracking transactions log is not secure...

We are still looking into this and working on a solution.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to more.

Please visit our blog for the latest Payoneer updates.

• Dario M.Dario M. Posts: 17Member ✭✭

Email alerts would be great !

• ko_bxko_bx Posts: 2Member

Guys, it really sucks that anyone can widthdraw money from you and you won't even notice. Please, don't make people (like me) write their own service to log in to payoneer and periodically check balance / send emails about it's change. It's really a simple basic feature to send an email with notification.

• sergey2511sergey2511 Posts: 8Member

Hello guys and thanks a lot for your great service!

Just want to add some to the subject of email notifications. It would be great if I could get a notification when someone is loading my card. I mean not when funds actually reaching the balance, but right after they send it. Is that possible?

Best regards,

Sergiy.

I'm happy to say that we have introduced an e-mail alert system which notifies you of transactions that meet certain conditions. Currently it's only available for limited accounts, and we're slowly rolling out the service to more account holders as it passes through testing.

In addition, the upcoming Payoneer mobile app is planned to have functionality that sends you push notifications for all charges/payments made to your account.

Nissim
  • ko_bxko_bx Posts: 2Member
    Nissim wrote on June 26 2013, 7:30 PM: »

I'm happy to say that we have introduced an e-mail alert system which notifies you of transactions that meet certain conditions. Currently it's only available for limited accounts, and we're slowly rolling out the service to more account holders as it passes through testing.

In addition, the upcoming Payoneer mobile app is planned to have functionality that sends you push notifications for all charges/payments made to your account.

Very impressive. Thank you!

• pollypolly Posts: 70Member ✭✭
    edited July 2013

Hey guys, original poster here.... 2 years and this has not been implemented. Notifications are a must for online transactions! Of course you can make this optional, but the option should be there, by email, sms, etc.

All forms of online payments have this feature, Paypal sends you a confirmation mail everytime you make a purchase. It's not that difficult!  This feature is ultra necessary specially for online transactions where our info can be stolen or someone else (kids for example)  could use my card online and I won't even NOTICE until I login (if I do) or if I try to use it and discover there's no funds.

I see that you are rolling some kind of feature about notification, any estimate as for how long we all can have this security measure?

cheers

• pollypolly Posts: 70Member ✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Nissim wrote on June 26 2013, 7:30 PM: »

I long for this. It will make me very happy and finally stop being paranoid with my card. :) Hope to be one of those lucky limited testers, or this functionality actually rolls out fastly enough.

• Bilal SheikhBilal Sheikh Online Freelancer Posts: 92VIP Member ✭✭
    polly wrote on May 12 2011, 2:38 AM: »

What do you guys think?

I strongly suggest to enable/add this feature.

Find me on Google+ Read my blogs on GoBelal.com.

• MrNireMrNire Posts: 16Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Bilal Sheikh wrote on July 19 2013, 11:22 AM: »

I strongly suggest to enable/add this feature.

I strongly agree with you. Thank you.

• bjosh123bjosh123 Posts: 11Member ✭✭

I also agree on this suggestion.

• StefanRSStefanRS Posts: 11Member

Is this implemented already? This is one extra layer of security for our card and transactions. So we can always know if our card was compromised.

• AnglyAngly Posts: 1Member

Are there email notifications yet?

• makesomenoisemakesomenoise Posts: 2Member

This feature would be very useful.

When it will be done? I think that it doesn't require much efforts to make this simple option.

• BlackSirBlackSir Posts: 2Member
    This thread is 3 years old, but we still don't have neither e-mail/SMS nor push notifications :-(
    @BlackSir‌ - we do now send e-mail notifications for certain transactions detected by our system. We also are int he process of developing push notifications for the Payoneer mobile app.
    Nissim
  • BlackSirBlackSir Posts: 2Member
    @Nissim Are you going to send push notifications for all transactions or only suspicious one?
    Push notifications are planned for all transactions, but you will have the ability to further customize it in the app settings.
    Nissim
  • archparadoxarchparadox Posts: 1Member
    C'mon, guys. I don't wanna argue, but it's not serious at all. This request is simple stuff and it's far not an innovation. Honestly I've been shocked after I saw the date this topic had started.
    Just push this to be done whatever way is less burdening for you. Ideally, I'd prefer to choose the method of notifications. But ur cusomers have neither of it. Just do it, please.

Thank you
  • Anton-SAnton-S Posts: 1Member
    Any update on this? Really a basic feature but quite useful.
  • alex_musicianalex_musician Posts: 3Member
    Hi, Payoneer. You said you've started tested this feature in 2013.
    But I still don't see it.
    Did you implement it finally or not?
  • JuniorBDJuniorBD Posts: 81Member ✭✭
    polly said:

What do you guys think?

Great Suggestion  :) 
    Hope it will be passed and payoneer will bring this feature soon.
    Big thumbs up (y) 
    Best Regards,
    Abdul Halim Jr.
  • BluegapBluegap Posts: 2Member
    This "Great Idea" never implemented after 6 years?
  • ant.thinkerant.thinker Posts: 7Member
    7 years and counting :)

This really looks weird: users want the basic and important feature, there were some promises made, users keep asking as the years count, yet nothing really happens about this.

Could we hear some official updates from Payoneer?