Atm Transaction Error

ATM transaction error but the money were charged from my account
My problems started yesterday when i tried to withdraw some money from an ATM. The crazy machine gave me a TRANSACTION ERROR message, gave me back the card but no money. I've waited 5 minutes in front of the ATM just to be sure the money won't pop-up but no money, no joy. I knew i had money on my account so i thought that maybe the ATM is out of cash or something and tried to withdraw from another's bank ATM. First transaction worked on the new ATM but the second and the third failed due to insufficient funds. That's when i started to suspect something is wrong so i rush home to check my card balance.
What i saw, beside black in front of my eyes, was the infamous card balance much much lower than it supposed to be, 1000$ lower to be more precisely.
I rush back to the ATM owner who told me to contact the company that provide me the card. I did it yesterday about 2 hours after the failed transaction using live support and today i'm still waiting for my transaction history to update, even thought there's a note saying "Note: The list is updated every 6 hours." .
Right now i can't file a complain because i don't have the transaction details.

What's happening with your system guys? i talked about the transaction history update issue with 3 of your operators since yesterday(more than 15 hours ago). They all promised it will be solved.
Exactly when is this going to happen?

Comments

• TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi - I see funds in your account and everything. I'm going to PM you to see if we are seeing the same thing.
    Talia
  • phpgeninphpgenin Posts: 8Member
    edited December 2011
    Talia wrote:

Hi - I see funds in your account and everything. I'm going to PM you to see if we are seeing the same thing.

i see the funds myself but i don't see the transaction and i can't file the complain mention on my previous post. Clock is ticking and my chances to solve the problem quick are washed away. I'm not talking about 10$ or 100$ here. I'm taking about 1000$ my entirely past month work.
    more than 25 hours passed since that failed transaction and i still can't access the info from my account. That when you were supposed to refresh that transaction list how many times?
    not once, not twice but four times by now.
    phpgenin wrote:

i see the funds myself but i don't see the transaction and i can't file the complain mention on my previous post. Clock is ticking and my chances to solve the problem quick are washed away. I'm not talking about 10$ or 100$ here. I'm taking about 1000$ my entirely past month work.
    more than 25 hours passed since that failed transaction and i still can't access the info from my account. That when you were supposed to refresh that transaction list how many times?
    not once, not twice but four times by now.

I know, I"m very sorry. Like I said, there is a bug that is being fixed. This doesn't affect all accounts. We are already working on it, but I don't know how long it will take.

Your funds aren't lost, and they won't be lost.
    Talia
    finally that transaction history list updated and i'll be able to file that complain.
    Thanks to all people who got involved in solving my problem even if they were not to blame for this( including you talia).
    Shame on those who made this happened after 30 hours or so.
    phpgenin wrote:

finally that transaction history list updated and i'll be able to file that complain.
    Thanks to all people who got involved in solving my problem even if they were not to blame for this( including you talia).
    Shame on those who made this happened after 30 hours or so.

You're welcome. I'm sorry this happened. The bug was a weird bug that we don't usually have, so it took a while to locate and get fixed because it involved communication with our processor.
    Talia
  • thebapithebapi Posts: 2Member
    Same things happened to me today.The ATM shows me that the transaction has been cancelled (before that the ATM waited some minute to process.).But later i found $269.68 has been deducted from my account.Can u help me??
  • thebapithebapi Posts: 2Member
    thebapi wrote:

Same things happened to me today.The ATM shows me that the transaction has been cancelled (before that the ATM waited some minute to process.).But later i found $269.68 has been deducted from my account.Can u help me??

I hv opened a ticket which is #LTK529010732293X
    Hi TheBapi,

You should have just received an answer from our team. Please let me know if you haven't.

Thanks!
    Talia
    hmm. for those that hope their problem will be solved in a timely manner rest in peace, it won't! today, 27th of january, 52 days after that stupid ATM didn't released my money the problem is not solved. The guys form support told me that i'll have an answer by 28th of jan, so tomorrow.
    now, just a day before the BIG DAY they tell me PROBABLY IN SEVERAL DAYS. several may be 7, 10 days.
    In this 52 days i only asked support twice or three times about the status of my complaint so i'm not obsessed about those money. i've already withdraw 1000$ till that stupid failed ATM transaction.

i'm really interested to see if tomorrow they'll give me the promised answer or not. But don't be fooled and think you'll get the money back so easily.
    edited January 2012
    ACTUALLY THEY DIDN'T SEE INITIALLY THAT 28 IS WEEKEND. They've just find out.

Is this a Charitable organization people????????? i should be grateful you offer your services to me?

Welcome to Payoneer! An online representative will be with you shortly. You are number '1' in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately '1' minute(s) and '16' seconds. Thank you for waiting.
    You are now chatting with 'Eddy'
    Your reference number for this chat is LTK529013106077X
    Eddy: Hello and welcome to Payoneer Customer Support, how may I help you?
    popescu alexandru: hi
    Eddy: Hi, how are you?
    popescu alexandru: hmm
    popescu alexandru: LTK529010507209X
    popescu alexandru: you said 28th
    popescu alexandru: is this going to happen or not
    popescu alexandru: ?
    popescu alexandru: i'm gonna get the final answer by tomorrow or not?
    Eddy: Tomorrow is Saturday.
    Eddy: Please check back on monday.
    popescu alexandru: Dear Popescu, Please be assured we have forwarded this case already on December 9th. We should get the final answer by January 28th. Happy Holidays from Payoneer! Sincerely, Ray Payoneer Customer Support
    popescu alexandru: you didn't know tomorrow was saturday?
    Eddy: I can see that, but tomorrow is Saturday. Do you work on Saturday?
    popescu alexandru: actually i do
    popescu alexandru: don't you?
    Eddy: No.
    Eddy: In the US Saturday and Sunday are the weekend.
    popescu alexandru: nice
    popescu alexandru: than you should say 30
    Eddy: Look, there is really no point to this argument. You don't actually expect to get an answer furing the weekend, so please wait until Monday and we will answer you.
    edited May 2013

First of all, I am very sorry for your poor experience with our chat. Yes, the 28th is the weekend, and no, our support doesn't always work on Saturdays (I'm not sure if we do today or not - I don't go to the office on Saturdays), but the dates that we generally give out are the dates we are given by the processor.

Either way, I DO see activity in your account and see that everything is being reviewed. I know that it's very frustrating - I would be freaked out about missing funds as well - but since this wasn't in house (the funds didn't disappear from our own ATM), we can't just give you back the funds = we depend on communication with the bank and the processor. While we do our best to have everything resolved as quickly as possible, since this isn't 100% up to us, we can't guarantee a specific date, that's why we generally give an estimation.

Either way, please know that while we do help people resolve their issues quickly through the boards, in disputes, we cant' rush the process - we can only rush having the dispute opened with the processor and have the whole process initiated, but we can't make an outside company move faster.

Just to be clear, this isn't being handled by a third party, but we aren't MasterCard, so this DOES go through someone other than us.

Talia
    thanks talia. helpful as usual. i would like to say the same thing about your colleagues. I take upon myself the stupidity for trusting that 28 th will be the day when i'll get my answer and borrowed money from a friend. Now i'll have to apologize in front of him for not being able to at least tell him when i'll give him back the money. So right now 53 days till the N(nightmare) day and still counting.
    edited January 2012
    phpgenin wrote:

thanks talia. helpful as usual. i would like to say the same thing about your colleagues. I take upon myself the stupidity for trusting that 28 th will be the day when i'll get my answer and borrowed money from a friend. Now i'll have to apologize in front of him for not being able to at least tell him when i'll give him back the money. So right now 53 days till the N(nightmare) day and still counting.

Unfortunately, these matters are out of our control. If this were a matter of having our own departments take care of it, we could run around and make sure it was done, but not when it's something on the outside. I completely understand your frustration - I would feel the same way for sure (I just work at Payoneer so I already know the process).
    Talia
  • cineflyercineflyer Posts: 4Member
    The same thing has just happened to me! I have opened a ticket number with Payoneer LTK529018544201X . I have submitted a form to claim via email. I withdrew $1670aud ($1758.15us) and the machine sounded like it was counting the money and when spat out the cash, there was ONLY $20 there! My account has been debited the full amount. I can only hope that it's not going to take as long as you phpgenin, to get my money back as it's for a holiday at the end of the month!!!
  • DavidDavid ✭✭ Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    cineflyer wrote:

The same thing has just happened to me! I have opened a ticket number with Payoneer LTK529018544201X . I have submitted a form to claim via email. I withdrew $1670aud ($1758.15us) and the machine sounded like it was counting the money and when spat out the cash, there was ONLY $20 there! My account has been debited the full amount. I can only hope that it's not going to take as long as you phpgenin, to get my money back as it's for a holiday at the end of the month!!!

Hello,

Thank you for coming and visiting our forum.

Your form has been passed on to the proper department and will be processed.

As Talia mentioned early once we pass on the process it is done by the processor. This can take some time and we will do whatever we can to get this done quickly.

We appreciate your patience.

• roby22roby22 Posts: 5Member
    well after i saw all debates here i kinda lost my hopes ill recover my money quicker than 3 months as announced . Actually in the email i got from support there was a note like ..if the dispute is denied , this kinda made me wonder what happens if the dispute is denied , probably i just end up donating money to banks , since i just didnt get them . Since this happened and i end up waiting for 623 $ , i never withdraw more than like just 300 $ max to an Atm and this is what i recomend to all my friends . In case of Atm failure u just end up waiting and maybe depending on that cash . ill just waite and see what happens if this sistem is really able to recover lost money in an Atm somewhere due to comunication errors or whatever reason , but it does take too long 3 months , a quarter of an year .Good luck . Still waiting for my funds day by day ....Ill announce here if all ok and money returned .
    Phpgenin - Did you ever get your money back?? I am pretty stressed out about getting mine back. I mean why 90 days! If it's out of payoneers hands, then they should be putting the pressure on the 'hands' that can speed this process up. What legitimate reason is there to hold onto OUR money for so long!? How long have you been waiting roby22? My money was supposed to be for a holiday at the end of the month....... I guess that's not happening now...
    roby22 wrote:

well after i saw all debates here i kinda lost my hopes ill recover my money quicker than 3 months as announced . Actually in the email i got from support there was a note like ..if the dispute is denied , this kinda made me wonder what happens if the dispute is denied , probably i just end up donating money to banks , since i just didnt get them . Since this happened and i end up waiting for 623 $ , i never withdraw more than like just 300 $ max to an Atm and this is what i recomend to all my friends . In case of Atm failure u just end up waiting and maybe depending on that cash . ill just waite and see what happens if this sistem is really able to recover lost money in an Atm somewhere due to comunication errors or whatever reason , but it does take too long 3 months , a quarter of an year .Good luck . Still waiting for my funds day by day ....Ill announce here if all ok and money returned .

cineflyer wrote:

Phpgenin - Did you ever get your money back?? I am pretty stressed out about getting mine back. I mean why 90 days! If it's out of payoneers hands, then they should be putting the pressure on the 'hands' that can speed this process up. What legitimate reason is there to hold onto OUR money for so long!? How long have you been waiting roby22? My money was supposed to be for a holiday at the end of the month....... I guess that's not happening now...

Hey,

I know the waiting time is frustrating and we thank you for your patience but it really is out of our hands. We rush to open the dispute as quickly as possible to get it to the processor, but as I explained before once it is sent they are evaluating the dispute and it is out of our hands.

We appreciate your feedback and advice to other users and are here should you have any further inquiries.

for the ones following this topic: the problem was solved on 30th of january after aprox. 60 days of waiting.
    phpgenin wrote:

for the ones following this topic: the problem was solved on 30th of january after aprox. 60 days of waiting.

Thanks for updating everyone.

edited June 2012
    Update - 2 months after failed ATM withdraw. No further word/update from mastercard or payoneer on the progress. Still waiting for my money.........
    cineflyer wrote:

Update - 2 months after failed ATM withdraw. No further word/update from mastercard or payoneer on the progress. Still waiting for my money.........

Thank you for the update. I understand your frustration but this process takes time.

We appreciate your patience.

I finally had my money returned. Sort of..... I had $1656.53 usd returned into my account. The amount missing was $1758.14usd - pretty obvious if you look at the transaction list that this was how much is missing. So, I guess I lost $100 there somewhere, not to mention interest charged on my other credit card because of the unavailable funds. It's not to with conversion rates or anything, just $100 less put back into my account, thanks. For the record, I will never use payoneer again, you can cancel my account please and keep the 74cents in there as a tip for such wonderful service. I also think Mastercard is a joke, over 2 months to get the money back.... part of it anyway.
This discussion has been closed.