Required authorization on Point of sale

pollypolly Member Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hello from Argentina!

Today I tried to pay some low sum of money for some goods, in a Pet store that I've been using my Payoneer card almost two weeks constantly without any problem - but today I couldn't pay, it gave the message (translated) "requires authorization"

Why is that? Is it because yesterday I made a purchase for large amount of money? Could you check it for me please? The shop always appears in my transactions as "CLINICA VETERINARIA AM" but today I couldn't pay there.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

I see that the payment was charge off of your account yesterday - $13.83.

It was probably in a pre-authorization status before.

An outstanding authorization is when a merchant places a hold on a certain amount of funds on your card to verify that you have sufficient funds to pay for the transaction. Some merchants' agreements with MasterCard allow them to pre-authorize smaller or larger amounts than the expected transaction.

If the amount pre-authorized is bigger than the actual transaction amount, the remaining funds may be held for several days before being released back to your available balance (the number of days depends on the merchant type). 

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• pollypolly Member Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hello Romi, that transaction was from friday but it shows incorrect date. Yesterday I was not able to make any transaction, I had to pay cash.

I see a transaction from this store on Feb 20 as well as from yesterday. Are you sure you weren't charged? If it was in pre-authorization the funds were charged later. Please make sure with the store that you didn't pay twice - in cash and through the card.

Romi

• pollypolly Member Posts: 70 ✭✭

I'm sure. You can see a lot of charges from that store cause I've been going almost 2 weeks, my pet is sick.

Ok,

I'm afraid my access is limited. I see that you do have sufficient funds so that cannot be the reason the card didn't work.

Please contact our support department for further assistance, as they can see more details: https://www.payoneer.com/emailform.aspx

Romi